You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
awildseaking

Please Copy WoT Ranked

5 comments in this topic

[BOTES]
Members
2,394 posts
10,558 battles

WoWS Ranked formats were never good, but this league [edited] has killed the mode for good. It's completely unplayable for anyone that respects their own time. The complete inability to advance without winning, combined with irrevocable ranks, guarantees that bad players continue to advance after being carried by their teams while good players remain stuck at ranks. This creates a sweaty format in every league and at every rank. You'll get stuck for weeks seesawing and you're forced to play damage dealers and carry at an inhuman level just to make minor progress.

I knew Ranked was garbage and I don't know why I bothered trying again, but the last time I tried, I played about 30 matches and I think I made it to Rank 6 in Bronze league. Keep in mind that I am a 60% WR solo player.

WoT Ranked awards more progress to the best players on the winning team, average progress to most of the players on the winning team, but no progress to the worst players on the winning team. You cannot just get lucky to advance. The best players on the losing team also advance to the same degree as the average players, which encourages you to play the mode even when you're getting nuked by RNG.

WG, if you want people to play your game, please respect their time.

Edited by awildseaking
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[-VT-]
Members
1,041 posts
43,394 battles

Hmm.  Time is it?

There are 6 Sprints.  You only need 3 of them, right?

Bronze.  Silver.  Gold.

Bronze?  Pick your Sprint.  I pick the first one.

Silver?  Some Sprint after you complete Bronze.  Something between 2 and 5 will work.

Gold?  Just save Gold for Sprint 6.

You only need 3 of the Sprints.

Teams?  Having bad teams?  Why, so is everyone else.  Complaining about teams is kind of meaningless since everyone is in the same boat.  Nobody is special, even in a bad way.  We all have bad teams.

The new format of Ranked Battles isn't my favorite, either.  But WG wanted to offer a format that was an 'alternative" to randoms and co-op.  I think they certainly accomplished that.

[TWFT]
Members
1,767 posts
46,000 battles
6 hours ago, Sabene said:

But WG wanted to offer a format that was an 'alternative" to randoms and co-op.  I think they certainly accomplished that.

Sorry Sabene, but I think you are wrong on this one.

WG just wanted to make it so even good players that Rank out in very few games will have to grind and spend more.

WG could care less about the player base, all they want is to milk us for what ever they can.

• Cool 2

Members
2,007 posts

"The complete inability to advance without winning... " ???

Well that kinda defeats the purpose of ranked, now doesn't it?

Hate to break it to you, but winning is what's needed to advance in everything in life. Especially if you're straight and you like women. They hate losers.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,913 posts
8,973 battles

No one "wins" World of Warships until you uninstall it. 

• Cool 3