You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Apologies to all who saw me AFK in my WV41 tonight.

14 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
31,076 posts
29,316 battles

Serious and severe login and boot-out issues occurred, specifically at the exact moment as I was entering battle and could not get back in until it was over.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 7
  • Meh 1

[META_]
Members
1,963 posts
23,082 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Serious and severe login and boot-out issues occurred, specifically at the exact moment as I was entering battle and could not get back in until it was over.

It happens to me sometimes....nice seeing you in battle yesterday 

Edited by Meta_Man
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,076 posts
29,316 battles
8 minutes ago, kyesac said:

Whaling XP again @Ensign_Cthulhu?   

The whale is currently bottom up and being towed into the processing station. I cannot get in for love or money, and when I do, the game crashes the second I try to load into battle.

[OIL-1]
Members
2,307 posts

You apologize for that? I go AFK if I get an important phone call.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,076 posts
29,316 battles
Just now, z9_ said:

You apologize for that? I go AFK if I get an important phone call.

Normally I get the chance to tell the rest of the team that I have to leave. Here I didn't even get a chance to set course for the enemy spawn and pray that it counted.

[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,833 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The whale is currently bottom up and being towed into the processing station. I cannot get in for love or money, and when I do, the game crashes the second I try to load into battle.

Still?  When did this problem start?  Was it because of the download this week for the upcoming patch (maybe eating up free space or something?)?

[NATO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,639 posts
10,318 battles

It happens. I was reported today for an AFK match, got a sudden yell from upstairs (wife works from home) that I had to take my grandson to the hospital with a cut that needed stitches (3 it turns out) thanks to some sharp scissors and a not so sharp kid. Even mentioned it in chat and I was still reported lol

[ARGSY]
Members
31,076 posts
29,316 battles
11 minutes ago, kyesac said:

Still?  When did this problem start?  Was it because of the download this week for the upcoming patch (maybe eating up free space or something?)?

Tonight. Fine yesterday. The content download was already done.

It just happened again, only this time I managed to get out and about in a DD long enough to kill two ships and be sunk, so hopefully there's no penalty for it.

No more tonight. Hopefully this was a hiccup that the server hamsters will have got over by tomorrow.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[ARGSY]
Members
31,076 posts
29,316 battles

Tried again this morning, and the WGC grabbed and installed a bunch of Microsoft Visual C++ that it didn't seem to be able to access last night.

Two flawless (i.e. bug free) co-op battles in the Nicholas before I had to go to work.

• Cool 1

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

Life happens.  Technical glitches happen. We've all been there.

I once queried a red team member who was acting strangely with their ship and they were able to communicate they had been disconnected twice.  I gave him plus karma for his trouble.

• Cool 2

[ASALT]
Members
1,524 posts
14,002 battles

I play primarily from work when we have downtime but when we get calls I g2g.  I can only imagine what my wr would be if I never had to afk out of matches.