You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Igiby100

Austin vs. Stalingrad

7 comments in this topic

Members
103 posts
1,170 battles

I am looking for a steel ship that will be effective in ranked/competitive, but is different or better than its same-tier tech tree version. I am currently looking at Austin and Stalingrad, but I am willing to take any other suggestions. Any help?

[WHARF]
Members
847 posts
22,494 battles
1 hour ago, Igiby100 said:

I am looking for a steel ship that will be effective in ranked/competitive, but is different or better than its same-tier tech tree version. I am currently looking at Austin and Stalingrad, but I am willing to take any other suggestions. Any help?

well cant go wrong with the Stalingrad......Austin seems weak...but can be deadly if you get help from the DDs

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,523 battles

Competitive? Stalingrad all the way, not even close.

Austin is a great ship, and great fun, but short range and fragile with no smoke or radar. Not great for competitive.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[META_]
Members
1,963 posts
23,082 battles

Stalingrad is a hammer with radar , Austin an assassin but fragile , high risk high reward...Austin has a higher skill floor , imo

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles

I don't own either ship but Austin looks fun to play.  However, in terms of demanding respect, Stalingrad.

[WAMMY]
Members
2,811 posts
17,406 battles

Hey

With regards to Stalingrad; does it suffer from Over pens and ricochets like the Moskva does?  I don't like Austin due to the high floaty arcs, fragile and the Plymouth just seems kind of lackluster for the amount of steal your paying.  Ragnar looks interesting for a DD.  With the coupon I have enough steal for Bourgone and below.

Pete

Pete