You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Igiby100

Grozovoi vs. Neustrashimy

7 comments in this topic

Members
103 posts
1,170 battles

I am looking for a T9 coal ship for farming credits/FXP. I will not get the Pommern (slow reload, bad accuracy, bad penetration, poor damage/shell), the Z44 (German torpedoes tend to be worthless), or the Marco Polo (I hate Italian BBs). I am looking at the Neustrashimy, but it seems to be an obscenely expensive Grozovi that trades 2 guns for a better heal. Is it worth the coal, or is the Grozovoi better? 

[D-DAY]
Members
7,602 posts

It is a shame you don't like the Pommern - it seems to be one of those universally good performing BBs in anyone's hands - but if it doesn't gel with you so be it.

Guess if I was in your position with what info you gave above, I'd just wait to see what new ships appear. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

Members
103 posts
1,170 battles
Just now, _WaveRider_ said:

Personally I don't think any DD at present is worth the 2 million FXP asking price, or any of the high resource costs.

It is a shame you don't like the Pommern - it seems to be one of those universally good performing BBs in anyone's hands - but if it doesn't gel with you so be it.

Guess if I was in your position with what info you gave above, I'd just wait to see what new ships appear. :Smile_honoring:

Really? I don't like the Pommern because the main battery is worthless, but if I am wrong, I am willing to take another look at it. 

[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,045 posts

Neustrashimy is worth the coal.   22k has (with capt perks) with its heal... 10 km torps.  all the toys.  It has the 5.8 or 5.6 (can't remember off the top of my head) concealment.  

IMO its better than Groz

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,602 posts
1 minute ago, Igiby100 said:

Really? I don't like the Pommern because the main battery is worthless, but if I am wrong, I am willing to take another look at it. 

Apologies as I gave duff info regarding the DDs (2 million FXP bit) as for some reason I thought the Neustrashimy  was TX as you compared it to the Grozy.

Although the Pommern isn't exactly a 'star' performer, it seems more of a general good performer compared to the good or bad games you can have with other BBs. Consistency seems to be the word for her when I play her, and from what I see others seem to do equally well as a constant.

Others may give you their input to help make a decision - but remember you have time to wait as the Pommern will be around for a while (something better may show up?).

Members
15 posts
4,193 battles

My take on Neustra is that you will do well thinking that it is an Ognevoi with a great heal. It’s low DPM makes it hard to defeat enemy DDs in a one-on-one but you can push them away, heal, and then be back for more.