You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

Dutch Cruisers: Early Access

25 comments in this topic

[MR-1]
Members
3,044 posts
32,107 battles

Really WG 72 random Dutch bundles . I think you are really trying to milk as much money out of your player base as much as you can . That is way to many bundles and at  1,000! doubloons each . You could of lowered the cost to 250 doubloons and still made some money out of it . 
you probbly

would get more players buying them 

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Cool 9

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,535 posts
29,670 battles

What I can't figure out is why they released the De Ruyter in early access last patch just to ignore its presence in this patch? I have the ship yet I have to re-purchase it to get the bundles after it. Sure, it's only 40 tokens and I can get 1.1 million credits for already having her but I already have 650 million credits.

I have no further interest in this tech tree line.

I'll take whatever Dutch tokens I get and purchase signal flags and sell all the cruisers I get after the next patch goes live.

This event is a non-starter for me...

• Cool 2

[ANZ4C]
Members
208 posts
7,708 battles

Totally agree, prizes not worth the doubloons, I’d rather buy a tier 9 premium (as a very new player).

a shame, I was excited to be involved in this.

• Cool 4

[HOPAS]
Members
57 posts
19,736 battles

Shameless thievery. 72 random bundles at a 1000 dubs each. Just wow. Other than the Johan De Witt , the rest of the 71 bundles is just junk. 

• Cool 2

[TSF]
Members
924 posts
21,849 battles

Just when you thought Wargaming couldn't get any greedier. 

72 bundles x 1000 doubloons each:

72,000 doubloons to be 100% sure of getting a tier 9 tech tree ship:

That's $288 cash for a t9 tech tree cruiser.

It's hard to conceive how WGing Ltd could drive this game out of existence any faster, if they were given that specific mission as their objective. 

Realistically, NO reasonable player would pay this much for this little. WG has to know this.  

That leaves the questions: What is WG thinking? What is going on?

It appears that WG has a reason for creating a ready cash sink to the tune of almost $300 per account. 

A reason that WG believes will generate substantial amounts of money for WGing. 

That reason clearly isn't to sell 72 chances at a tech tree ship to each player. 

Read the news lately and it isn't too hard to figure out what Wging is really doing with this "event" and it appears to have nothing whatsoever to do with providing a game or service that the playerbase is remotely interested in. 

• Cool 3

[HOPAS]
Members
57 posts
19,736 battles
13 minutes ago, Litigo_1970 said:

It's hard to conceive how WGing Ltd could drive this game out of existence any faster, if they were given that specific mission as their objective. 

Realistically, NO reasonable player would pay this much for this little. WG has to know this.  

It appears that WG has a reason for creating a ready cash sink to the tune of almost $300 per account. 

That reason clearly isn't to sell 72 chances at a tech tree ship to each player. 

Read the news lately and it isn't too hard to figure out what Wging is really doing with this "event" and it appears to have nothing whatsoever to do with providing a game or service that the playerbase is remotely interested in. 

$391.68 AU for me if the De Witt happened to be the last bundle

• Cool 1

[AZUR1]
Members
278 posts
6,233 battles

Somehow I find it's weird that WG chose such a inefficient way to sell tech tree ship.

They must cannot figure out a better way to make money, or there are enough "core players" donate their money and accept this pricing.

Simply put new tech tree ship in paid and free containers can make more money. Or, add more stuff in random bundle, make the 1000 doubs well spent. At least let players believe it's well spent (ex. add port slot, commanders, perm camos)

One more word about perm camo in this case,  let's say a perm camo with only -4% detectability, but can be mounted on any ship; would be a small nice addition in random bundle

Edited by Lancelot0001
  • Cool 2

[MR-1]
Members
3,044 posts
32,107 battles
7 hours ago, Khafni said:

What I can't figure out is why they released the De Ruyter in early access last patch just to ignore its presence in this patch? I have the ship yet I have to re-purchase it to get the bundles after it. Sure, it's only 40 tokens and I can get 1.1 million credits for already having her but I already have 650 million credits.

I have no further interest in this tech tree line.

I'll take whatever Dutch tokens I get and purchase signal flags and sell all the cruisers I get after the next patch goes live.

This event is a non-starter for me...

Yes I had the ship and had to the same . They did this with the Italian BB’s also making us waste tokens to rebuy just hope they gave us some credits for it 

Members
1 post
393 battles

For the tokens, you get up to 325 tokens for free. To redeem the tier 8 ship, you will need 450 tokens, so you will have to buy the doubloon crates to get that ship. If you are lucky enough to get the 80 token crate, you need to spend 6000 doubloons to get tier 8 ship. If you are unlucky, you will need to spend at least 13000 doubloons just to get the early access tech tree tier 8 ship.

• Cool 1

[GROVR]
Members
232 posts
15,415 battles

this game has slowly been losing me. i guess this is the straw.

too bad i can't sell my 600 days of premium. oh well.

[KSE]
Members
802 posts
29,414 battles
21 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

Really WG 72 random Dutch bundles . I think you are really trying to milk as much money out of your player base as much as you can . That is way to many bundles and at  1,000! doubloons each . You could of lowered the cost to 250 doubloons and still made some money out of it . 
you probbly

would get more players buying them 

Why not pay 72,000 doubloons for a tech tree cruiser? :cap_win:

Members
10 posts
19,878 battles

Yet another cash grab for what are very very average ships, World of gamble boxes is the gateway to a serious gambling addiction. its a rip off and $300 for a tech tree ship, its a disgrace! of course they will say you don't have to buy so people please don't buy this kind of game content its over priced trash. we can say you don't have to put this kind of content out there so we don't have to be tempted to buy or build some good ships at a reasonable price for a change WG.

• Cool 1

[CRF]
Members
1,608 posts
11,373 battles

For the random bundles, if I don't see the ship in the first random bundle, then I don't buy any.  They would make me buy maybe two bundles if they previewed what was in the next bundle and the one after that, or even the one after that.  Must be a few whales out there that will spend the doubloons, but not me....as a general FTP player, my few doubloons are very precious - my precious...

image.png.c614d038a4437ac3e673b50e014aa0ea.png

Edited by sonoasailor
  • Cool 1

Members
5 posts
484 battles
On 7/14/2021 at 3:49 PM, Litigo_1970 said:

The most redundant phrase in the forums is ... just when you thought WG couldn't get any greedier. As of 06.07.21 introducing the Summer "Sale". Waiting to see how they top that, won't be long.

• Cool 1

[MR-1]
Members
3,044 posts
32,107 battles
On 8/9/2021 at 7:13 AM, Seaman_Stainez said:

The most redundant phrase in the forums is ... just when you thought WG couldn't get any greedier. As of 06.07.21 introducing the Summer "Sale". Waiting to see how they top that, won't be long.

they already have  with a T8 cruiser that most streamer dont like when they tried it 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
30,553 battles
10 minutes ago, H_Buchanan said:

The EARLY ACCESS time is way too long.  Open the line WG.

Yeah they drag these out just a bit too long and it really just kills the excitement, just a mood killer. By the time the events run out, have already lost interest in them totally. 

• Cool 1

[-KMF-]
Members
3 posts
11,323 battles

I was so close to being done with the mission , had a few more games to finish getting some base  xp to get the Eendracht. The game updated and now its over?  Now I have perm camos  for Eendracht, and Haarlem and no ships. When will they be available?

[V_V_V]
Members
1,509 posts
20,773 battles
2 hours ago, Seaman_Stainez said:

Honestly dont let these guys near any sharp objects.

Don't let you near any blunt double entendres.

Edited by Charon2018

[NKOTD]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Supertester, Privateers
1,972 posts
19,588 battles
6 hours ago, KillerKarltubing said:

I was so close to being done with the mission , had a few more games to finish getting some base  xp to get the Eendracht. The game updated and now its over?  Now I have perm camos  for Eendracht, and Haarlem and no ships. When will they be available?

The ships will be available in 0.10.8.

[NKOTD]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Supertester, Privateers
1,972 posts
19,588 battles
12 minutes ago, KillerKarltubing said:

Thanks for the info. I may get to use my camos yet!

As I am looking forward to doing