You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

9 comments in this topic

[-TRM-]
Members
317 posts

So if I'm not mistaken, If I reset to redo my stats, does this mean I lose ALL of my ships (premium/ ships purchased with credits earned and paid for)  purchased over the years, all my (special) commanders ....that hardly seems fair, correct me if I'm wrong.....

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,459 battles

To reset your account means just that, reset it. You want to clear your stats you have to clear the things you got your stats with.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,453 posts
50,047 battles
4 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

To reset your account means just that, reset it. You want to clear your stats you have to clear the things you got your stats with.

So, it costs money since loss of premiums would be fatal.

I guess you have to sell drugs or be ridiculous rich to do that.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,453 posts
50,047 battles

Think about that carefully OP.

How bad does your stats have to be to want to do that?

Depending on how long a player originally played, how bad the stats were, and the initial incentive to do it in the first place; that could be a financial nightmare of tens of thousands lost.

But I think the average could be way lower to say around 2-4 thousand dollars US from lost premiums and payments applied during that time buying stuff.

Why some players may have done it for lots of reasons other than stats, but I reckon that stats accounts for 80% of the reasons.

To lose that much money just to start over means that some players probably had it really bad. Maybe not even close to a win percentage of which no matter how much they played; it would never go up ever.

And that has to be profoundly troubling on a person to have to do that, and suddenly this game changes too much post-reset.

OP, it's your decision, but I urge you to reconsider. Because if you start to not like playing with the record you have post-reset; then the cost alone should dissuade you from doing it in the first place.

It is expensive.

Just find another way and don't let stats drive you.

I have found that some players are too obsessed with stats.

It is not healthy for them to do so.

Such obsessions will lead to further disappointment further down the road.

Play your game. Be comfortable with who you are now and what you are doing in the game presently.

The past is but a yardstick. We are all measured by the same yardstick.

Those that want to bury the yardstick are denying themselves a basis to be measured.

And it is the measure of a person that defines where we are going from where we came from.

Have fun out there 👍😎

[BOMBL]
Members
202 posts
8,358 battles
On 7/12/2021 at 2:42 PM, Prometheus_Common said:

So if I'm not mistaken, If I reset to redo my stats, does this mean I lose ALL of my ships (premium/ ships purchased with credits earned and paid for)  purchased over the years, all my (special) commanders ....that hardly seems fair, correct me if I'm wrong.....

You don't lose all your premium ships - here is a list of what stays and what goes.

What remains on the account:

• Free XP
  • The balance of doubloons on your account
  • Any remaining days of Premium Account
  • Port slots
  • Premium ships
  • Reserve slots (when applicable)
  • Commemorative flags and rare achievements
  • Camouflages and signal flags that have an equivalent cost in doubloons
  • Premium camouflages that are currently applied to Premium ships
  • If you participated in the closed Beta Testing of World of Warships, archived statistics for this period will not be erased on the website

What is erased, including but not limited to:

• Combat XP, Elite XP for Commanders
  • Credits and special resources: Oil, Coal, Steel, Clan Tokens, and Ranked Tokens including any resources exchanged/transferred for doubloons
  • All purchases performed with credits (Tech Tree vehicles, modules, etc. )
  • All research performed in the Tech Tree
  • All statistics for the account (kill ratio, damage ratio, etc. )
  • Camouflages, flags, signal flags, and other cosmetic items, except for those that are attached to Premium ships, or that have an equivalent cost in doubloons
  • Containers
  • Research points
  • Commanders, including:
    • Those purchased and/or trained for doubloons
    • Unique Commanders specialized for a particular branch
    • Those obtained from missions, special events, Campaigns, etc.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/15732/

[PIXEL]
Members
197 posts
24,751 battles

i see.....

so this is how stat shaming works in WG's favor