You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree, 9 to 11 July 2021

10 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
31,080 posts
29,325 battles

Well it was more of an extended weekend, because on Wednesday I came down with suspiciously suggestive symptoms and had to stay home till my swab was clear.

Over that period, I knocked out 60K XP on each of the Kiev and Ognevoi to grab their successors, picked up the Seattle into the bargain, and decided to reacquire the Nicholas on top. Then, having retrained the Ognevoi captain to the Udaloi and the Hill's captain (came with the ship for 10 points) to the Seattle, I stuck Leroy Jenkins on the Nicholas and ran him through all my US premium DDs to push him up to his seventh point. He's on his way to ten in a concerted co-op campaign, and then he can go fight in Randoms.

The weekend was mostly grinding out credits to replace the ones I spent so heavily - went from 30 million or so down to less than 1 million, now back up to just over 4 million.  Even took the Yukon to Narai, and I think she does OK there; the short-range guns simply aren't an issue, and the improved AP is VERY nice.

Followed that up with a co-op fight where I brawled a Sinop. Yukon's ability to get her nose around in a hurry offers interesting possibilities when it comes to bearing guns on a target then flipping her around to bounce shots on the belt instead of taking broadsides or face punches. Had the Sinop dead in two salvoes. RU battleships broadside are just Yukon food.

My only hassle right now is that I have far more Tier 9 ships than I have linkable permacamos to put on them. Some pretty harsh decisions are going to have to be made, but right now I think the lucky winners are going to be Udaloi and Tashkent for the Five Epochs camos, and then one or the other of Mogador or Seattle for the T9 New Year paint job. 

Spent a fair bit of time in the shed as well, so it wasn't just WOWS.

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
12,065 posts
21,313 battles

I played around 10 Narai battles, unless I play a few more tonight, that's about it. I did do a lot of stuff around the house though.

[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,833 battles
34 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Well it was more of an extended weekend, because on Wednesday I came down with suspiciously suggestive symptoms and had to stay home till my swab was clear.

Over that period, I knocked out 60K XP on each of the Kiev and Ognevoi to grab their successors, picked up the Seattle into the bargain, and decided to reacquire the Nicholas on top. Then, having retrained the Ognevoi captain to the Udaloi and the Hill's captain (came with the ship for 10 points) to the Seattle, I stuck Leroy Jenkins on the Nicholas and ran him through all my US premium DDs to push him up to his seventh point. He's on his way to ten in a concerted co-op campaign, and then he can go fight in Randoms.

The weekend was mostly grinding out credits to replace the ones I spent so heavily - went from 30 million or so down to less than 1 million, now back up to just over 4 million.  Even took the Yukon to Narai, and I think she does OK there; the short-range guns simply aren't an issue, and the improved AP is VERY nice.

Followed that up with a co-op fight where I brawled a Sinop. Yukon's ability to get her nose around in a hurry offers interesting possibilities when it comes to bearing guns on a target then flipping her around to bounce shots on the belt instead of taking broadsides or face punches. Had the Sinop dead in two salvoes. RU battleships broadside are just Yukon food.

My only hassle right now is that I have far more Tier 9 ships than I have linkable permacamos to put on them. Some pretty harsh decisions are going to have to be made, but right now I think the lucky winners are going to be Udaloi and Tashkent for the Five Epochs camos, and then one or the other of Mogador or Seattle for the T9 New Year paint job. 

Spent a fair bit of time in the shed as well, so it wasn't just WOWS.

Congrats on all of those new ships.  Some good ones there.  One of the better facets of Coop (to me), is that a lot of these lines that are powercrept in randoms still hold up very well in coop.  The Russian DDs are 2 examples I believe (and the KM ones as well - love smoke and hydro).

All my grinding for XP is done, so just a matter of stockpiling XP until the next RB reset or the Dutch Cruisers go to general release in 2 months.  I need around 100 million credits or so, so I have been playing a lot of my T9 premiums to earn coins.  Up to 14 million.

As for permacamos, I buy them for all of my T10s.  T9s, however ....  I bought the perma for Iowa because she is my favorite tech tree T9.  I got the inferno one on the Soyez.  Got 2 Five Epochs ones on the IJN DDs since they are my RB reset defaults, and I got a New Year's one on my Fletcher.  Other than that, a lot of my T9s are bare.

The clan and I both did poorly in naval battles this week.  I went like 6/8 and we are losing by like 25.  I hate it that every week is almost all BXP.

IRL, not much work done because my daughter came up to visit from Denver for the weekend.  I still have 3 more days off due to doctor stuff and off days from work, so that will be chore time and WoWs mostly. 

Looking forward to the new Dutch Cruisers early access on Wednesday.

[CO-OP]
Members
5,205 posts
43,308 battles

Pretty meh weekend. 

• Took the Weimar out in Narai.  This ship is a monster in ops.  Absolutely wrecked everything she shot at.  This was the highlight of the weekend.
  • Played a bunch of Grand Battles.  Got a few Karma, lost a few karma.  Won a bunch, lost a bunch (ended up pretty much even in both categories.)   Did pick up a Plan-Z and Maru-6, so not a completely even.
  • Re-grinded Neptune.  About halfway to Minotaur.

[RLGN]
Members
19,148 posts
35,185 battles

Mostly against my will, grinding my last fifty games to reach 10,000 Randoms.

As of this post, eleven left.

Decided to start PA destroyer lines cause easy low tier Randoms.

Last five games will be in Vermont.

[5D3]
Members
1,542 posts

Spent the better half of the weekend reviewing some replay files I have with the Seattle and Buffalo in Grand Battles in Okinawa and in Trident. I wanted to take note of a few areas where I discovered I can safely fire without revealing my location, and where (possibly) the red team's undetected DD (at that time) revealed my location. 

11 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

My only hassle right now is that I have far more Tier 9 ships than I have linkable permacamos to put on them. Some pretty harsh decisions are going to have to be made

Grand Battles saved me a ton of hassle and time. I've been grinding both US cruisers to Tier X (got Des Moines last week) and yesterday I finally got Worcester. The lack of permanent camos did not prove to be a hindrance, and the expendable camos I used have better bonuses (+100% FXP, +150% Commander XP, etc.).

1718077658_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_07.11-12_35_31_99.thumb.png.6956355627a21edb80a7526157b99190.png

11 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Had the Sinop dead in two salvoes. RU battleships broadside are just Yukon food.

Yes, Sinop (like some Tier 7 battleships) has this amazing citadel that's really easy to hit. 

10 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

Played a bunch of Grand Battles. Got a few Karma, lost a few karma. 

There were plenty of times in the last 2 weeks where I hated it. A lot of the players the matchmaker paired me up with—and many of them opened their accounts just this year—sink their super battleships so early in the game.

It was often difficult with the Seattle. I spot DDs using radar, call their attention to sink that pesky Shimakaze, but not much happens to the enemy DD because other ships keep on shooting that enemy Satsuma parked in the middle 18 kilometers away. 

When I finally got Worcester yesterday I tried her in Grand Battle and the matchmaking was surprisingly better. 

1206168496_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_07.11-15_40_52_04.thumb.png.a09150a07f7960cc7bfbb76f0dcff4b8.png1944997397_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_07.11-15_40_44_31.thumb.png.29288fbb793150ba79fa7719362582a3.png

10 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

Took the Weimar out in Narai.  This ship is a monster in ops.  Absolutely wrecked everything she shot at.  This was the highlight of the weekend.

What route did you take? CV? Transports? I considered getting Weimar, but I realized the 21-pointer I assigned to Fiji is already optimized (with Top Grade Gunner and Outnumbered skills) for Narai, and I don't want to spend what little ECXP I have to retrain and then redistribute commander skills for Lutjens (which is currently assigned to Hindenburg). Each time Narai is Scenario of the Week, I try to hit 400K damage and at least 45 citadel hits. For the weekend, I only got the damage goal achieved. 

shot-21_07.09_02_08.59-0352.thumb.jpg.b6815f1e4ead303e832361d002733aef.jpg

7 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Mostly against my will, grinding my last fifty games to reach 10,000 Randoms.

Right after I finished the grind for Des Moines and Worcester, I went back to playing Jean Bart. After nearly a month of playing almost nothing but US Cruisers I am so done grinding tech tree ships, for now.

327288444_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_07.11-23.28_07_66.thumb.png.75fd5a548bf39aec1cf9fb42023d3061.png

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,577 battles

Still some scattered playing on my 20 and 19-pointers (5 total).

Jutland's finally retired. One of my last matches in her. Nabbed a Kremlin that jumped out before their Alaska finished me off. CV spotting me didn't stop my rampage.

DMa0ehj.jpg

This guy's response made me chuckle

yluIT1u.jpg

My newest T10:

2BSASPO.jpg

Helped carry in my Soyuz (just over 1/3 of XP needed to reach Kremlin) and had this moment :Smile_izmena:

eECGUpz.jpg

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,312 posts
23,655 battles

Spent some of my game time this weekend working my way thru the missions for the Colorado Camo. Tons of fun.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,080 posts
29,325 battles
1 hour ago, Hukom said:

The lack of permanent camos did not prove to be a hindrance, and the expendable camos I used have better bonuses (+100% FXP, +150% Commander XP, etc.).

Oh look, for the hard grind I know the temporary camos are better. But the permacamos are for those ships I know I will be keeping and playing extensively after the hard grind is done, PARTICULARLY the ones I'll be using a lot in co-op and in which I'm not all that sure I'll be continuing on to Tier 10. OR for ships I want to play casually without depleting my one-shot stocks. 

1 hour ago, Hukom said:

Grand Battles saved me a ton of hassle and time.

You don't know how badly I wished it had been open to Tier 8 as well. I mostly stayed away from it because there are no T9 ships in my fleet that I'm THAT desperate to finish the grind for. 

Just because Tier 10 exists doesn't make me feel obliged to grind for it. I have to really WANT it before I embark on that adventure. If I'd had a desperate urge to get the Montana, Worcester, Des Moines, Grosser Kurfurst, Henri IV, Z-52 or Kleber in my port, I'd have made some very different choices four weeks ago when the event started. I had the T9 for most all of those lines either in my port or unlocked and available to purchase at that time; I just didn't have the driving urge to pick up the T10s and I was feeling sort of burned-out and co-oppy anyway. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[CO-OP]
Members
5,205 posts
43,308 battles
2 hours ago, Hukom said:

What route did you take? CV? Transports? I considered getting Weimar, but I realized the 21-pointer I assigned to Fiji is already optimized (with Top Grade Gunner and Outnumbered skills) for Narai, and I don't want to spend what little ECXP I have to retrain and then redistribute commander skills for Lutjens (which is currently assigned to Hindenburg). Each time Narai is Scenario of the Week, I try to hit 400K damage and at least 45 citadel hits. For the weekend, I only got the damage goal achieved. 

Did Narai several times.  Took both the CV and transport routes.  Averaged around 250-300K damage and 1500-2000 base XP, but wasn't really trying too hard.  If you push it, you could get 400K.  You may not need to change any skills from Lutjens, most of my Hindenburg skills transfer to Weimar well.  Heavy HE/SAP would be recommended, but I was using a lot of AP on broadsided cruisers, so this isn't critical.