Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Warped_Keel

Why can Yukon not score in Naval Battle ?

9 comments in this topic

[RNGRS]
[RNGRS]
Members
10 posts
2,642 battles

So, as a proud Canadian I spend a lot of mula to get the Yukon. Not the best BB, I know, but I would like to use her a lo more, but somehow you can not even score with Ship in Clan Naval Battle, it is simply not counted there. That is real a mess, because I did not know before, that the invested money is worthless for your contribution to your clan. So, Europe is in, Pan Asia is in, why not make a section for all these unique Ships under "World" together? Or at least Commonwealth together wit GB? 

I am already not pleased with the rude behavior of some players, the stupid game Engine that let ships see me and shoot at me without that I even noticed the and they can clearly see me and shoot at me , while I should be out of their vision like being in a DD behind an Island, but they still see me, first shot destroys my engine, before I am repaired, I am dead already.  Or Torps coming out of nowhere, no Ship to see, but they are actually not even 1,5 km near you on a clear day without any smoke. That sucks. 

I wish I could play together with some friends and Teammates in Ranked battles, but I always get into the team with ignorant and dumb players, on top of that I got reported  a Bad Player, have lost all my Karma in just one season, being bitched at even if they do not understand, that at least a little bit real Communication is the Key to survival and win. There was a guy, that constantly wanted fire support on 3 different targets, always wanted Intelligence data, AA fire support and had a fun time, to press all the buttons over and over in a battle. After he had confused the whole crew I told him to shut up. I got reported and lost Karma Points for "Bad Behavior". 

I had a lot of guys doing real bad things, talking very rude, being real [edited]. but I never reported anybody. I used Compliments, for Friends and Enemies, when they played well, smart and fair. The Bad ones only go on my Blacklist. I have the feeling, that since update 10.5 more and more ignorant and stupid players are in the game, I have no idea, what caused that. I had real good Karma points until then, lost a few because of DD playing and some smart Friends rub into my Torps. Now my Karma is 0 constantly. 

On top now you had to learn, you can spend a lot of money for a not cheap ship  but the makers of this game do not give you the option to use this in Clan Naval Battles. I am starting to think, this whole game is not worth the time and money, I invested in playing it. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
7,895 posts
22,089 battles
7 minutes ago, JollyRo said:

...the stupid game Engine that let ships see me and shoot at me without that I even noticed the and they can clearly see me and shoot at me , while I should be out of their vision like being in a DD behind an Island, but they still see me, first shot destroys my engine, before I am repaired, I am dead already.  Or Torps coming out of nowhere, no Ship to see, but they are actually not even 1,5 km near you on a clear day without any smoke. That sucks. 

This is spotting mechanics 101.  You may need to spend more time learning how it works.  1v1, you will see an enemy ship when you get within his detection radius, and he will see you when he gets within yours.  However, if the enemy ship is a low detection destroyer and you are in a cruiser or battleship, he can see you before you can see him.  If he can see you, his team can see you.  Distant enemy ships can now shoot you.  If you are within their gun range and there are no vision obstacles (e.g. smoke, islands, etc), you will see those ships as soon as they shoot at you.  If your direct line of sight to them is obstructed when they shoot at you, you will continue to see nothing.  All the while, you are being watched by a ship with lower detection than you.  Those same destroyers can launch torpedo attacks from concealment, providing their torpedo range is longer than their detection range.

No ships can be unseen within 1.5 km of you without smoke.  Period.  That is just fake news.

So, as a proud Canadian I spend a lot of mula to get the Yukon. Not the best BB, I know, but I would like to use her a lo more, but somehow you can not even score with Ship in Clan Naval Battle, it is simply not counted there. That is real a mess, because I did not know before, that the invested money is worthless for your contribution to your clan. So, Europe is in, Pan Asia is in, why not make a section for all these unique Ships under "World" together? Or at least Commonwealth together wit GB? On top now you had to learn, you can spend a lot of money for a not cheap ship  but the makers of this game do not give you the option to use this in Clan Naval Battles. I am starting to think, this whole game is not worth the time and money, I invested in playing it. 

I understand your point, here, but none of the Commonwealth ships are eligible for Naval Battles (Vampire, Vampire II, Perth, Haida, Yukon).  I agree they should be, but probably should have recognized they were not.  And, Naval Battles are only a thing for three days a week...so not really a game changer.

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

Its essentially not one of the main Nations counted in NB. This would be a Canadian BB more or less.

NB is only a regular event and not necessarily one that is important to the game. I consider it a mini-game of itself.

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

Nations only count towards NB's if they have a tech tree, the Commonwealth does not.

Also, that you have over 800 battles played, and still have zero understanding of the game, is why people are "not nice" to you. I don't agree with how they treat others, but the fact is, your play is the real problem.

• Cool 1

[DMOD]
Members
358 posts
10,469 battles

This game is simply not that realistic. Radar sees through islands, DDs reload torps in 1-2 minutes, the list goes on and on. Otherwise it would be "world of battleships kick the crap out of everyone else". 

You get a warning when you are detected, it's the /!\ symbol that pops up. Assuming you're a BB, then if you are spotted but you do not see who is doing it, then it is either a BB with better stealth than you, or a DD or CL/CA, who will almost always outspot you. That right there is your warning you have torpedoes incoming. When you get spotted wait a few seconds, then change your course and speed at least a bit, wait a bit, then do that again. Reason being players who know what they are doing will have shot at where you're going to be, and players that really know their stuff will wait for your first dodge and THEN shoot, and your second dodge will dodge that. Use the brief times between dodges to make your own shots*. 

That's the crash course on "not eating torpedoes like they're on buffet". 

*- Gun bloom: when you shoot, you're detectable at the max range of your guns, if anyone is within that range and has line of sight to you; you'll see the circle expand on the minimap. If you shoot and do not get detected, your visibility goes back to what it was before. If not, it stays thay way until either you break LOS, or twenty seconds expire. 

[DMOD]
Members
358 posts
10,469 battles

Second note: this game has been around a while, so a lot of us assume everyone generally knows what they're doing. It's like learning how to drive; at first, you're going to get honked at.

So. Let me run through an example from the BB's point of view.

I'll pick the North Carolina, T8 USN BB. Stealthy for a BB, detectability is about 12K, gun range is about 24K (going off of memory here, the exact numbers will not matter.)

I'm in the middle, and it's 4/4/4, BBs/CAs/DDs. Battle starts; I pick a spot on the east side of the minimap that looks like a spot I can shoot from and hide if I have to. Both DDs in the middle split off and give us two on each side, but no one in the middle. Not ideal for me, but I'm paying attention to the minimap, so I'm aware of this. I'm moseying my way there about 3/4 speed, about 2 minutes into the game, and I'm spotted! Okay, only a DD could have gotten that close that fast, so I know it's a DD, or at least I THINK it is. I have priority target for my captain, and I see the targetting counter go from 1, to 0, then back to one after a few seconds. I wait a few seconds, then cut speed to 1/2 and turn away about 45 degrees. Oh, that change in the priority target? It showed a 1 when the DD had me targeted with his gun, then he didn't, and then he did again. COULD be he just targeted someone else, or he could have aimed and shot his torps. I'll assume the latter. In any event the 1 showed me no one else was targeting me. If the counter starts showing 3,4,5? I have incoming shells, and it's time to start that dodge, NOW; that looks like open up the throttle to full, and hard turn away from the center of the map. That will angle against any incoming shells, which are much faster than those torps. I'd prefer to screw up a torp shot more than be a shell magnet, as that shot that misses is out of action until he reloads, but either way I am reacting to the cues I'm getting. 

Now I'm not detected, so I start looking for targets. I look for one I can hit that there's an  island between us, so I MIGHT not be seen. I find one, line up, shoot... and get detected. React as being detected above. 

That's a basic "how to battleship", and the Yukon should work similarly. Other battleships will be different, but this sort of reaction should keep you alive longer until you get the finer points. 

[CO-OP]
Members
5,205 posts
43,341 battles

Naval Battles only counts for ships with a full tech tree compliment of that type.  Yukon is the only Commonwealth battleship, so it doesn't count.  In fact, the Commonwealth doesn't have any tech tree ships, so no Commonwealth ship would count for NBs.  Similarly, Pan-Asian cruisers and battleships wouldn't count either.

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,578 posts
17,526 battles
1 hour ago, HamptonRoads said:

Naval Battles only counts for ships with a full tech tree compliment of that type.  Yukon is the only Commonwealth battleship, so it doesn't count.  In fact, the Commonwealth doesn't have any tech tree ships, so no Commonwealth ship would count for NBs.  Similarly, Pan-Asian cruisers and battleships wouldn't count either.

This. You need a tech tree line of the same nation and type in full release (not early access). But once there is one, any premiums of the same nation/type will also count (for example, Friesland wasn't eligible until the EU tech tree DDs were added, but it's eligible now). But if there's a split, the early access ships of that split (RU/UK CAs, KM DDs, etc) will be eligible even while in early access since there's already a full branch in game.

[RNGRS]
[RNGRS]
Members
10 posts
2,642 battles

"No ships can be unseen within 1.5 km of you without smoke.  Period.  That is just fake news."

That is funny, Same like "torps can not go through islands". I had both already and I got killed by 3 Torps that went trough an Island. A DD "materialized"  on my  side so big, that it filled up my  glas completely, fired Torps and just a second later I was dead. No smoke, no nothing. Just be happy, that you did not had this, it happens a lot. It is not fake news. I do not know how they do it, but it is happened. Not only once. So stop telling me, I am lying. I not got 64 years old to get told, I am lying. It is just a stupid game, so why would I lie about it? These things happen and it is not helping to blame people, because there are some cheaters out there. 

Same thing like I have my destroyer hidden behind an Island , I should be invisible in 7.2 km range, but the BB, that is 11.4 km away, fires a Salvo and hits me full with the first shot. No plane, no DD in range, no other ship in the area, they are all in other caps and clearly marked  on the map and in battle with the team. I have engine room protection, still my engine is scrap after the first hit, I hit R, second salvo, dead. Not one shot fired from me, not a torp fired, because he was out of my range.  On top of that he gets a first blood achievement. That should  also not be possible, but it happened. There ARE people in this game, that cheat somehow. Not fake news, reality! 

I heard it a lot from Players from other servers, that the NA server is full of cheaters and bad talking people. It is even on some You Tube videos .And I found a few Webpages, that openly SELL cheats for the game. Just by Googling. 

But at least now I know, that ships like the Yukon are only Cash cows for the Game Makers. Lesson learned. In the future they can keep their Canadian ships.