You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
magnum196940

Situational Awareness

19 comments in this topic

[_PVE_]
Members
272 posts
27,613 battles

Had a 2/7 game in Georgia.Other player was in an Indianapolis.That player decided to rush in and die.I ended up with 5 kills all 3 solo caps and did very well.I understand that I was in a much more powerful ship than the Indy but if they would have just held back a little things might have come out differently.Recieved negative kharma from said player I guess I was supposed to yolo like them .Can’t please everyone.

Edited by magnum196940
  • Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
19,136 posts
35,170 battles

Ignore the idiot. Indy has everything it needs (except a competent driver,) to do well in Co-op.

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,040 battles
1 hour ago, magnum196940 said:

Had a 2/7 game in Georgia.Other player was in an Indianapolis.That player decided to rush in and die.I ended up with 5 kills all 3 solo caps and did very well.I understand that I was in a much more powerful ship than the Indy but if they would have just held back a little things might have come out differently.Recieved negative kharma from said player I guess I was supposed to yolo like them .Can’t please everyone.

Why didn't you kill all of the ships that were focusing the Indy so he didn't die so quickly?

Obviously all your fault 😜

• Thanks 1

[CO-OP]
Members
5,196 posts
43,257 battles

If the game was lost, it was entirely your fault.  If the game was a victory, you clearly were running up your XP getting 3 solo caps. /s

Sometimes you have to wonder about some players.

[_PVE_]
Members
272 posts
27,613 battles
3 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

If the game was lost, it was entirely your fault.  If the game was a victory, you clearly were running up your XP getting 3 solo caps. /s

Sometimes you have to wonder about some players.

I didn’t say but of course it was a win.When the only thing left was the enemy cv and me is when I capped all 3 got plane kills then killed the cv.

[CO-OP]
Members
5,196 posts
43,257 battles
2 minutes ago, magnum196940 said:

I didn’t say but of course it was a win.  When the only thing left was the enemy cv and me is when I capped all 3 got plane kills then killed the cv.

My post wasn't meant to be a dig at you, but how some players haven't got a clue about co-op rewards (or lack thereof.)  You need to maximize your "achievements" in order to get better pay-outs.  Credit earning in co-op is greatly limited, and often at higher tiers results in loss of credits even if you do well (especially true for FTP players.)  The player in question presumed that you were running up your XP, "wasting time" while they were waiting to use the Indy again.

[ARPGT]
Members
1,266 posts
19,209 battles

I love it with only one 1-2 non bots in coop but yeah running full throttle with a lot of bots will result in fast death

[_PVE_]
Members
272 posts
27,613 battles
38 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

My post wasn't meant to be a dig at you, but how some players haven't got a clue about co-op rewards (or lack thereof.)  You need to maximize your "achievements" in order to get better pay-outs.  Credit earning in co-op is greatly limited, and often at higher tiers results in loss of credits even if you do well (especially true for FTP players.)  The player in question presumed that you were running up your XP, "wasting time" while they were waiting to use the Indy again.

I didn’t take it that way but thank-you for your reply.If I’m last ship sailing I’ll try and maximize my rewards however possible while still trying for the win.

[OGF]
Members
463 posts
9,764 battles
2 hours ago, magnum196940 said:

I tend to play very aggressively, and most of the time it pays off because usually that's what everyone else is doing.  Then earlier today I pushed aggressively in my Duke of York and got pasted when I was the only one for the bots to shoot at and I was expecting one or two of them, not six including all four BBs.  It happens.  But I can say that if you were in that match with me and you hauled the win back from the jaws of defeat after I got myself botblapped I would absolutely, 100% leave you a +1 karma.  To take one away for the match save is just petty and vulgar.  

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,105 posts
30,874 battles
3 hours ago, magnum196940 said:

LOL I love it when peers in Co-Op play like idiots and die in an early, stupid manner.  It means more for myself!

It could be worse.  The Indianapolis player could have tried Random Battles with that ship! :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
3,347 posts
3,059 battles
2 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

The player in question presumed that you were running up your XP, "wasting time" while they were waiting to use the Indy again.

If the only ship they have in port is USS Indianapolis that's their problem. 

1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

LOL I love it when peers in Co-Op play like idiots and die in an early, stupid manner.  It means more for myself!

The RTS carriers carried aircraft and games, but not regeneration. Post-rework carriers can carry aircraft & regeneration, but it's substantially harder to carry games. So I get kind of angry when the above happens while I'm playing a CV.

For the record, apparently USS Bogue carries aircraft & ammunition. 

115666000_Screenshot(68).thumb.png.7c499b265939f4a6dad6b7c6d5fba3ba.png

[OPG4]
Members
1,203 posts
2,920 battles
2 hours ago, black_hull4 said:

For the record, apparently USS Bogue carries aircraft & ammunition. 

Well of course Bogue carries ammunition and aviation fuel for the aircraft she is carrying for Ranger, but i think there is other cargo ships in the fleet that carries more ammunition and supplies.

[WOLF9]
Members
2,315 posts
35,784 battles
6 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

This ...  It simply amazes me how some players will sail OUT OF CAPS right before we capture it to chase the last bot on the other side of the map that is surrounded by 3 allied ships.  Waiting a few more seconds will help you totals, but .....

• Cool 2

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,873 battles
1 hour ago, Boomer625 said:

Well of course Bogue carries ammunition and aviation fuel for the aircraft she is carrying for Ranger, but i think there is other cargo ships in the fleet that carries more ammunition and supplies.

Bogue Top hull had a 5" gun in the tail.
'A'-hull Bogue also had a 5" gun in the nose...  but you lost a few reserve aircraft and some AA.

I would switch the hull back and forth, based on what kind of div I was in.
If there was a chance I'd be running into a DD, I kept the guns.  At a 14 knot top speed, it's not like i could run away from anything.
The Independence, however was much. much faster (cleveland hull) with good HP.
Again, if I took the A-Hull Independence, I got some 5" guns, but top hull, it was AA only as they stripped off all the secondaries.

There was some misunderestimated strategery going on in the RTS days.

[OPG4]
Members
1,203 posts
2,920 battles
28 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Bogue Top hull had a 5" gun in the tail.
'A'-hull Bogue also had a 5" gun in the nose...  but you lost a few reserve aircraft and some AA.

I would switch the hull back and forth, based on what kind of div I was in.
If there was a chance I'd be running into a DD, I kept the guns.  At a 14 knot top speed, it's not like i could run away from anything.
The Independence, however was much. much faster (cleveland hull) with good HP.
Again, if I took the A-Hull Independence, I got some 5" guns, but top hull, it was AA only as they stripped off all the secondaries.

There was some misunderestimated strategery going on in the RTS days.

True, but in the operation I doubt Ranger (which Bogue is supplying) used her 5 inch guns very much, as she was hit by air strikes. Unless those are 5 inch dual purpose guns. Even then, I think Bogue would keep her current 5 inch stash for herself, and have the ammunition ship supply Ranger with the nesseary rounds.

I’ll say that the supply ship was supplying things more like parts, food, and damaged equipment, so Bogue will then supply aviation fuel and plane munitions, such as bombs, rockets, torpedoes, ammo, etc. 

[KIVA]
Members
695 posts

Ranger's 5"/25cal guns are dual-purpose; they provide the ship's long-range AA bubble and flak. They were the USN's standard heavy AA gun before the 5"/38 came along.

Also... if someone's sailing Indy in a T9 game and not using the chonky T9 BB in their lane as a meatshield, they're asking for exactly what they get. Georgia has armor; Georgia has heals. Georgia can tank. Indy has crossed fingers and wishful thinking. She is not a ship that likes being the center of attention. They were probably worried that you would get ahead of them and eat all the damage... and forgot that they'd get even less damage if they died too early to do any. Some folks just can't laugh at their own mistakes, so they blame the person behind them instead.

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,873 battles
2 hours ago, Boomer625 said:

True, but in the operation I doubt Ranger (which Bogue is supplying) used her 5 inch guns very much, as she was hit by air strikes. Unless those are 5 inch dual purpose guns. Even then, I think Bogue would keep her current 5 inch stash for herself, and have the ammunition ship supply Ranger with the nesseary rounds.

I’ll say that the supply ship was supplying things more like parts, food, and damaged equipment, so Bogue will then supply aviation fuel and plane munitions, such as bombs, rockets, torpedoes, ammo, etc. 

And STRAWBERRIES....   Lots of STRAWBERRIES...   and ball bearings.
Or am I thinking of the Humphrey Bogue Art?

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,040 battles
6 hours ago, kyesac said:

This ...  It simply amazes me how some players will sail OUT OF CAPS right before we capture it to chase the last bot on the other side of the map that is surrounded by 3 allied ships.  Waiting a few more seconds will help you totals, but .....

Most times I use my Atlanta just to finish a daily (1,182 out of 1,200 BXP...dang it) that I just missed in a ranked it random battle & don't need the extra XP so I sail out of the cap so the other person can get the solo cap XP for it.

I'll clear out the DDs & anything else in the way & let them cap it.

• Cool 1

[CUDA]
Members
1,446 posts
13,911 battles

Some cruisers have a tough time in Coop. If you charge forward you are spotted before the DDs (with double your concealment) and BBs (who are too slow) and get focus-fired by every bot ship in range. If you don't charge forward you get less experience when the DD's torp everyone. So it's a crap shoot. I'm thinking of the Yahagi and Marblehead, with terrible concealment and paper thin armor.