You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

It's gone Jim (and now it's dead Jim)

53 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
16,411 posts
10,178 battles

2tXON42.png

That moment finally came... the stash is empty now, they are all gone...

This used to be a problem that generated its own solution, the more you exploded the more signals you farmed. 

In the future when I need to pinpoint the precise moment the game started to lose its luster for me, I'll have this post to signal 

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Cool 20
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 4
  • Boring 2

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,549 posts
20,964 battles

detflags1.jpg.0249d99abc58537816ee4667cf23d885.jpg

:cap_cool:

[WOLFG]
Members
268 posts
8,014 battles

Now when you actually explode, you can say "He's dead, Jim"

• Funny 1
  • Haha 3

[TSF]
Members
919 posts
21,831 battles
16 minutes ago, SeaGladius said:

Now you need to let us know when you detonate.  Let’s see how long it takes.

I stopped running det flags on anything but DDs and clan battles when they removed the flag rewards for achievements.

For me, the first game I played without a det flag, I was detonated. 

• Haha 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,411 posts
10,178 battles
2 minutes ago, SeaGladius said:

Now you need to let us know when you detonate.  Let’s see how long it takes.

I started running the magazine mod. In preparation for this moment, so far it is holding steady. 

15 minutes ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

detflags1.jpg.0249d99abc58537816ee4667cf23d885.jpg

:cap_cool:

8 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I still have 1,605 of those.  :cap_old:

Dudes, you exploded a lot!!! :fish_boom:

[ARGSY]
Members
31,039 posts
29,264 battles

You can get them for credits or coal, and they show up frequently in the third slot in "More Resources" containers. Stop whining.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Boring 8
  • Meh 33

[SALVO]
Members
16,411 posts
10,178 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You can get them for credits or coal, and they show up frequently in the third slot in "More Resources" containers. Stop whining.

Aka Gold ammo :Smile_medal:

• Cool 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Meh 1

[WAIFU]
Members
91 posts
6,368 battles
5 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Aka Gold ammo :Smile_medal:

True!

12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You mean the overpriced signals you can get from the armory? WG has robbed us of our income from achievements... can't believe people support that...

image.thumb.png.1bb5e476fca817671104427e82956c83.png

• Cool 16

[TORCH]
Members
829 posts
8,354 battles
5 minutes ago, Arctic_Chann said:

You mean the overpriced signals you can get from the armory? WG has robbed us of our income from achievements... can't believe people support that...

Some people are as bad at the forums as they are at the game...I'm sure there is a common factor that results in both...For all the irritants this game has added in the past 2 years robbing us of free flags is at the top of my list...lack of detonation and healing flags is definitely taking things into pay to win territory...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

Members
4,272 posts
5,302 battles

I know most people think that they are the special Detonation poster boy...but I've been deleted from the game in ships as weird as the Prinz Eugen, and a full health  Atlanta...via a Graf Zeppelin strike for his "first blood" award. :cap_wander_2:  Sometimes RNG comes to your house, sucker punches you, kicks your dog, steals your beer, and then borrows your tools... "Fun and engaging."

• Cool 1

[VORTX]
Members
869 posts
12,447 battles

I’ve sucked it up and started buying them with silver. I only run them on DDs so I go through them slow enough. Still, I agree with you that it’s a poor move on what feels like a slow death slide. 

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
19,136 posts
35,170 battles
40 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

I know most people think that they are the special Detonation poster boy...but I've been deleted from the game in ships as weird as the Prinz Eugen, and a full health  Atlanta...via a Graf Zeppelin strike for his "first blood" award. :cap_wander_2:  Sometimes RNG comes to your house, sucker punches you, kicks your dog, steals your beer, and then borrows your tools... "Fun and engaging."

You forgot to include; ...with no intention of giving them back. :Smile-angry:

1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

I still have 1,605 of those.  :cap_old:

1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

IDudes, you exploded a lot!!! :fish_boom:

For me, not this ^ so much, as I just don't use them much, so they've built up. Think I have 5, 6 hundred of them?

RNG trolls me mostly with shells falling all around targets and none hitting; I don't really explode much...:Smile_sad:

[UNCLN]
Members
423 posts
19,338 battles

WG sells 20 Juliet Charlie for 1,920,000 (1 for 96000), while buy back excessive signals at 6000 (which you need to sell 320 to buy 20). I simply don't see any reason for the difference to be so huge.

• Cool 1

Members
2,760 posts

I use them so seldom I've almost forgotten about flags...

flags.jpg.5efda0c9b44844ad722eec23607b99f8.jpg

...and when I say flags, I mean, of course, signals.

Edited by theLaalaa
  • Cool 2
  • Haha 1

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,040 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

I started running the magazine mod. In preparation for this moment, so far it is holding steady. 

Dudes, you exploded a lot!!! :fish_boom:

Actually...you don't need to explode to stock up on them...just don't use them...they give them out like candy (especially common 100 at a time in SCs...yay).

I inadvertantly did a little experiment way back in the day.

I never ran det flags & would go for months (this all took place while playing on average 40 battles a day for years) w/out detonating...& 1 day my full life Yammy was just gone 2 minutes into the game... didn't even get to fire (you know the scenario... there's a target...let me work my guns to it...damn...it went dark... there's another target...let me work my guns to it...damn...went dark... there's another target....BOOM!!!).

That's it...never more (at least not at T10 service costs dammit).

Had over 700 det flags in stock so loaded them up on every single ship T8 & above...& just played for about 6 or 7 months (kept acquiring them along with the original 700+) until 1 day...they ran out.

9 out of the next 14 battles had detonations (my Gearing was not a happy camper)...

Wait.. Wut!!!

Detonations are a once every couple of month thing...

Yes...but only if you don't ever use the flags...use them & all those detonations (that are programmed to occur every so often) stock up...& show themselves with a vengeance.

I know I could have used the flags I got to stop it but after the 1st 1 I was like, "Ok... won't see another 1 of those for a couple months... let's see what happens"...

& then it was just a matter of how many of these are gonna happen before it balanced back out to the once every couple months standard that I knew was programmed in.

After the 1st day w/9 it got gradually better...4 or 5 the 2nd day...only a couple the 3rd day & after a couple weeks they went away & I've never used them except for ranked battles & I got hundreds of them stocked up again...but not from detonating all the time...just from crates handing them out like candy when all you want is anything but more det flags yet again.

I think I'm stuck using them forever on my Kagero though as I've had hundreds of games in a row (in ranked) in it using the det flag & I'm sure it's just waiting for me to try a battle (or 10) w/out them.

Had a long break & started again on New Years...in that time I've only been detonated twice & the only ship I use det flags on is Kagero in Ranked...or occasionally a high tier HE spammer that I'm using the +5% det chance fire flag on for a fire mission.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,040 battles
18 minutes ago, a252 said:

WG sells 20 Juliet Charlie for 1,920,000 (1 for 96000), while buy back excessive signals at 6000 (which you need to sell 320 to buy 20). I simply don't see any reason for the difference to be so huge.

Wait until you do the coal to credit conversion value for the 10 post battle cost reduction flags (each coal is valued at 30k credits per the conversions ratio on all the other signals btw)...

Keep in mind...the most those flags will ever be worth is an 18,000 credit reduction in a T10 battle...& they're only worth less (worthless...doesn't really need the space in this context) on lower tier ships.

So make sure to spend all of your coal to stock up on those today...because you can't buy those for credits.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[P1]
Members
772 posts
16,156 battles

There's more to this topic than the lack of rewards for detonating. I have never used the flag on my DD's. Nor have I used Magazine Mod 1. I have never noticed any issues with detonations except the odd one in my DD's ....until recently. I detonate every other game or so when not using them flags/mod. It seems to me WG has not only removed the flag reward for detonations but also riled up the detonation frequency.

• Cool 8

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,105 posts
30,874 battles
3 hours ago, Arctic_Chann said:

True!

image.thumb.png.1bb5e476fca817671104427e82956c83.png

Yes, they're extraordinarily overpriced in the Armory for what you get.  Also, DDs are the ones that actually worry more about Detonations, so a player that uses that ship type a lot will burn through Det Flags real quick.

Members
591 posts
5,040 battles
2 hours ago, CallingElvis said:

There's more to this topic than the lack of rewards for detonating. I have never used the flag on my DD's. Nor have I used Magazine Mod 1. I have never noticed any issues with detonations except the odd one in my DD's ....until recently. I detonate every other game or so when not using them flags/mod. It seems to me WG has not only removed the flag reward for detonations but also riled up the detonation frequency.

Would not put it past them.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,178 posts
15,765 battles
4 hours ago, Almedius said:

Some people are as bad at the forums as they are at the game...I'm sure there is a common factor that results in both...For all the irritants this game has added in the past 2 years robbing us of free flags is at the top of my list...lack of detonation and healing flags is definitely taking things into pay to win territory...

How is it pay to win when the currency is earned in game?

For everyone I suggest only using detonation and repair flags in ranked and clan battles where min/maxing is more important. For DD's outside of those two things there is Magazine Mod 1 with minus 70 to detonation. It drastically reduces the odds of it happening in randoms so you can use flags where they have the best impact.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 5

[GT3]
Members
320 posts
10,150 battles

mine are running low too.. sure i could spend every credit i earn keeping them up i guess.

detonated in a full health GK by 1 torp last night.. fun and engaging.