You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lynx7386

so what's really going on here?

6 comments in this topic

[AC1]
Members
246 posts
380 battles

In several ranked matches over the last few days, I've noticed that within 30 seconds to a minute of the match starting, one (or more) ships on the enemy team will "blind" fire before anyone has even been detected or gotten into spotting range yet, and quite often will score hits or come close to  doing so.  The last match I did last night, I was in my jurua (t7 dd) on an epicenter match and avoided 3 salvos in a row by the skin of my teeth long before anyone on either team had been spotted.  I suppose it could be exceptional guesswork from people who know the maps inside and out but it seemed pretty fishy to me, especially considering their shells were following my line of movement (and no I wasn't on a straight course).

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,404 posts
16,552 battles
15 minutes ago, Lynx7386 said:

In several ranked matches over the last few days, I've noticed that within 30 seconds to a minute of the match starting, one (or more) ships on the enemy team will "blind" fire before anyone has even been detected or gotten into spotting range yet, and quite often will score hits or come close to  doing so.  The last match I did last night, I was in my jurua (t7 dd) on an epicenter match and avoided 3 salvos in a row by the skin of my teeth long before anyone on either team had been spotted.  I suppose it could be exceptional guesswork from people who know the maps inside and out but it seemed pretty fishy to me, especially considering their shells were following my line of movement (and no I wasn't on a straight course).

I suppose it’s not impossible that there are some shenanigans but it is highly likely that it is just people who know the Maps in the spawns and where ships like to go. I know I take blind shots into areas I expect D D’s to go and see what happens. It’s very rare to land a hit but it has happened for me once I can remember

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,800 posts
20,759 battles
16 minutes ago, Lynx7386 said:

providing a replay would vastly help those of us who were not there to see what you saw.

Perhaps with a second pair of eyes (or third/fourth) we could see something that might provide an explanation.

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,103 battles
1 minute ago, Lord_Slayer said:

providing a replay would vastly help those of us who were not there to see what you saw.

Perhaps with a second pair of eyes (or third/fourth) we could see something that might provide an explanation.

An insinuation of cheating accompanied by an actual replay?

Shirley, you jest.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[NKOTD]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Supertester, Privateers
1,972 posts
19,588 battles

If you think there may be shenanigans, file a support ticket along with a replay.

No one here can resolve your issue, so I'll wrap this one up.

And don't call me Shirley. ;)

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1