Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
reza577

Is it worth removing premium ships 20% less repair cost skin and replace it with the 30% more credit one?

6 comments in this topic

[-N-]
Beta Testers
270 posts
9,580 battles

Is it worth removing premium ships 20% less repair cost skin and replace it with the 30% more credit one?

for more credit earning at the end of the game?

[WPORT]
Members
20,735 posts
22,656 battles

I suggest looking at your last ten games with the ship in question (or tracking the next ten games), and to do the math for the 10% difference.
Up to you to decide if it is worth it.

I've got the Makoto Kobayashi camouflage mounted on my Kii.  I did that more because I thought it looked "cool", and the credits earnings were a nice side-effect (for me). 
Not everyone wants to spend the 7,000 doubloons for that camo.

Signal-flags can make-up the difference in earnings, too.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,148 battles

Only if you are successful with the ship. Think top 4 on leaderboard or you are able to get good revenue without the camo to begin with.

The reduced cost one helps significantly even in bad games.

Permanent camos have that distinct advantage. Although the higher one goes up in tier, you find more lucrative camos. Or ones you like for looks.

As long as you don't have to pay too much for them, you should try for camos with the best value while considering the aesthetics.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,148 battles
10 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I suggest looking at your last ten games with the ship in question (or tracking the next ten games), and to do the math for the 10% difference.
Up to you to decide if it is worth it.

I've got the Makoto Kobayashi camouflage mounted on my Kii.  I did that more because I thought it looked "cool", and the credits earnings were a nice side-effect (for me). 
Not everyone wants to spend the 7,000 doubloons for that camo.

Signal-flags can make-up the difference in earnings, too.

Yeah, I like that camo too for the looks and the value. It's already paid for itself.

Many players wanted the Musashi and Yamato camos as well.

I urge players to always research the significance of unique permanent camos. Because whether you like them or not, they will save you money in the long term.

I used to make fun of beercan camo on Roma, but I do have it because it makes revenue. I am made fun of for it, but I laugh too, all the way to the bank.

As for economic signals, or even dragon signals. It is a solid investment for economic signals.

But dragons, you have to look carefully from where you get them if the value is there. Just read the sales ads carefully and you are good.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[O_O]
Members
7,895 posts
22,089 battles

It also depends on how often you play that premium ship, and how many consumable camo you have in reserve.  The premium ship will always have its camo.  Your tech tree ships will only have the camo you have earned or bought.

Also, I think premium ships have a built in credit earning increase that isn't tied to the camo.  Obviously, adding a +credit camo will add to that, but it is still something to consider.

Edited by desmo_2

[BUOY]
Members
2,220 posts
22,194 battles
1 hour ago, reza577 said:

for more credit earning at the end of the game?

Repair costs are fixed solely to the service fee, up to -18k per 10% per pvp match for T10 TT ships. Premium ship service fees are half that of TT ships so you're not saving much from even the T10 perma (-45k).

OTOH the upside of 30% more credits is 'indefinite' and has a larger upside potential on premium ships since they earn more credits.

So yes a 30% greater credits will almost always net you more credits on a premium ship outside of the absolute worst / AFK 0 credit matches.