You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ITZ_ACE_BABY

buy research points with steel

29 comments in this topic

[O7]
Members
1,526 posts
12,918 battles

steel is essentially a dead resource now as we amass more steel than purchasable content is released. i know of people with over 100k steel and i have 59k steel myself and nothing to buy.

23f47e597bac395245ac472bf05b98dd.png

Many of us have zero interest in random battles at all anymore to regrind for RP because of the state of them and we only log in to play clan battles. Can we get an option to purchase RP with steel?

steel is a far more lucrative resource of which im sure wargaming would be eager to drain out of the economy so i see no harm in letting us spend steel for RP.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[OPG4]
Members
1,203 posts
2,920 battles
12 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

steel is essentially a dead resource now as we amass more steel than purchasable content is released. i know of people with over 100k steel and i have 59k steel myself and nothing to buy.

Many of us have zero interest in random battles at all anymore to regrind for RP because of the state of them and we only log in to play clan battles. Can we get an option to purchase RP with steel?

steel is a far more lucrative resource of which im sure wargaming would be eager to drain out of the economy so i see no harm in letting us spend steel for RP.

I guess that this will devalue RP significantly, as now people can buy out dockyards and channel the steel to RP, whereas they previously had to buy hundred thousands of credits and fxp to regrind lines without the grind, which all together is more costly than buying out a few dockyards. So if implemented WG would have to make the exchange rate very high.

[-AFK-]
Members
1,502 posts
18,860 battles
43 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

+1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,512 posts
26,875 battles

What are the chances of RB points or other currencies coming up for the auction? Coal already has.

[-N-]
Beta Testers
270 posts
9,580 battles
4 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

not happening, RB is the hardest currency to get.

for you to get 60k RB to buy a ship you need to reset 3 lines all with 2x bonus, then regrind those 3 lines and buy the ships with credits. 

IF you free xp all of that, it comes to 3 million free xp AND 150 million credits per RB ship. so they are actually even more expensive than free xp T10 ships like smaland.

which is why WG will not do the exchange for steel. plus, they are introducing new ships in upcoming patches for steel. so...

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,146 battles
5 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

Perhaps WG would allow players to trade steel at a fixed price to players that will trade with RP?

If that is the case, I know a lot will be asking to trade steel to me for RP. LOL 😂

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,146 battles
32 minutes ago, reza577 said:

for you to get 60k RB to buy a ship you need to reset 3 lines all with 2x bonus, then regrind those 3 lines and buy the ships with credits. 

IF you free xp all of that, it comes to 3 million free xp AND 150 million credits per RB ship. so they are actually even more expensive than free xp T10 ships like smaland.

which is why WG will not do the exchange for steel. plus, they are introducing new ships in upcoming patches for steel. so...

That is true. Hardest currency. Steel is just elite few if you play PvP a lot. But a player that regrinds lines is probably sitting on a pile of RB points. While it would be expensive to just use FXP, FXP is also a commodity that some players hate to use. Most of those that hoard FXP are only doing so because they stopped using it or have nothing to use it on. 

WG tried to entice players that had tons of FXP to regrind lines, but the credit costs of repurchased ships got in the way.

Coal was easiest to get, but can't trade up for steel. Steel can buy ships for steel only or buy coal ships. Why is it that coal can't be converted the other way?

PvP players. That's the reason. They wanted to gate steel and now they are trapped with it.

RB points required grind. They don't want to grind eh? "That's hard work!"

So was PvP described this way.

Funny how the shoe is on the other foot.

Co-op players will he laughing at this thread.

"I only log in for ranked."

Oh the poor dears. Dears caught in steel hellish headlights.

Unwilling to "work" for it.

A PvP contradiction. Or is it the world's greatest conundrum?

Oh, I knew this day would come.

When Steel rusts in the hands of the PvP players and they really wanted the RB ships after all.

If only they had more PvE friends to buy them a beer 🍺 to soothe their lamentations 😭

Okay, I stopped laughing now. My ribs hurt.

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,078 posts
29,316 battles
6 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

Speak for yourself, Moneybags. You belong to one of the best WOWS clans on the planet and steel comes easy for you.

Maybe the reason you have no interest in randoms is because you've become ensconced in your comfortable little world where everyone can talk in real time to everyone else and the whole team knows what every person will be driving before you even start.

If you're looking to spend your steel on something, those admittedly gorgeous Tier 10 camos are 10K a pop.

There's already a currency which you can exchange for research points that should come easy to you - FXP.

• Cool 9
  • Meh 1

[BUOY]
Members
2,219 posts
22,194 battles
1 hour ago, reza577 said:

While I agree with your premise of RP being the most valuable currency right now and little incentive for WG to allow an exchange outside of maybe an auction... your cost calculations are only ballpark correct if you're resetting and rebuying the most expensive BB lines each time.

If instead you reset the cheapest full RP Harugumo line and only buy the ships to knock off the flakes when you have enough RP on them it's a 2.1M / 40M expense (2.7M initially if you haven't otherwise ground the line at all) still more expensive than 2M FXP ships directly BUT the Haru line's T8/T9 are two of the strongest DD's in the game and relatively easy to grind, saving you a boatload of FXP.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles
6 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

Cries in 22k steel and no steel ships. It's not that I don't have anything to buy, my first steel ship will be Shikishima. It's just that the resource for those of us who don't exactly have your skill isn't exactly dead. Maybe to you guys, but to players like me, yeah.

~Hunter

• Cool 1

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
3,172 posts
9,066 battles
4 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

Cries in 22k steel and no steel ships. It's not that I don't have anything to buy, my first steel ship will be Shikishima. It's just that the resource for those of us who don't exactly have your skill isn't exactly dead. Maybe to you guys, but to players like me, yeah.

~Hunter

Same here if anything let’s take ships out of the steel category and move them over to the research bureau 

[WPORT]
Members
20,733 posts
22,656 battles
7 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

I've got 11k steel, and plenty on my "to buy" list.

Members
9 posts
78 battles
3 hours ago, reza577 said:

Except you dont have to grind if you are free xping just need to burn free xp and then buy ships back when you are ready to grind. Exanple ...reset///use free xp without buying....reset...use free xp without buying...reset....use free xp and so on the resets stack. I an currently sitting at X8 on the german dd line and havnt bought a single ship.

[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,046 posts
32,987 battles
8 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

I recently had complained that the auction was not fair in that it allowed players that do not participate in the entirety of the game the option to monopolize the system with their hundreds of millions of credits, or even billions. I was promptly told by most that participating in the games entirety is a choice and, basically, I'm "warships privileged" to have all my boats.

My point is simply dont expect anyone to agree with you. Whether it be unicum or long term player, people on the forum dont care about keeping us around with incentives.

[CLUMP]
Members
2,861 posts
3,004 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Speak for yourself, Moneybags. You belong to one of the best WOWS clans on the planet and steel comes easy for you.

Maybe the reason you have no interest in randoms is because you've become ensconced in your comfortable little world where everyone can talk in real time to everyone else and the whole team knows what every person will be driving before you even start.

If you're looking to spend your steel on something, those admittedly gorgeous Tier 10 camos are 10K a pop.

There's already a currency which you can exchange for research points that should come easy to you - FXP.

This dude has 59k steel meanwhile I want FDR and Shikishima :Smile_sad:

[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
10 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

Thanks for bragging.  

• Cool 1

[DMGS]
Members
673 posts
9,521 battles
5 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Thanks for bragging.  

For real. This is a first world problem right here lol

• Cool 1

[CVRME]
[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,942 posts
10,652 battles

Can't see why this option shouldn't be added.  The people hating here for the option is just throwing salt because no steel to their names, lol.

Can someone here tell me reasons as to why steel can't be turned into RB?  Probably nothing good.

I mean hey, this reasoning for not playing randoms hints at far larger problems the game faces, but these forums aren't ready (nor willing) to take that seriously.  

[NMKJT]
Members
4,282 posts
9,133 battles
16 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

Many of us have zero interest in random battles at all anymore to regrind for RP because of the state of them

Randoms are p.much reeking trash now.

[IJAG]
Members
418 posts
21,787 battles
16 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

So you have the energy and time to grind up so much steel that you've eventually ended up with nothing else to purchase with almost 60k leftover, but not the energy and time to grind for research points? Ok...

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Wiki Editor
275 posts
8,136 battles
20 minutes ago, USAPatriotGamer said:

So you have the energy and time to grind up so much steel that you've eventually ended up with nothing else to purchase with almost 60k leftover, but not the energy and time to grind for research points? Ok...

You can grind 10.5k steel per clan battles season for as low as 30 wins. Steel is not a terribly difficult resource to acquire for those who enjoy competitive game modes rather than causal formats like randoms.

[IJAG]
Members
418 posts
21,787 battles
26 minutes ago, rhulkb27 said:

You can grind 10.5k steel per clan battles season for as low as 30 wins. Steel is not a terribly difficult resource to acquire for those who enjoy competitive game modes rather than causal formats like randoms.

For those who don't do much Competitive playing, it feels like a lifetime.

• Thanks 1

[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,833 battles

Total coop main here.  I 'whale' a lot.  On Jan 1, I had 9671 steel.  I had just bought my first steel ship, the Burger the week before.  As of today. I have 24224.

I am in a good clan, so our port is maxxed out.  We do NOT do clan battles, or anything else that will reward steel (NOT a complaint, as I hate the toxicity over in the ranked / random worlds).

I do get my 3 resource containers a day, which amounts to 44 steel a day.  I also buy at least the 2 booster packs in the dockyard so I get some steel from the bought phases.  I also have all Tech Tree Lines up to T10, so when the Anniversary / Christmas bonus comes out, I get whatever steel WG throws our way.

My steel purchases are carefully measured and thought about for a while before I hit the GO button.  Of course I save my coupon for that purchase as well. 

So for me, I am NOT drowning in steel.

[BONKS]
Members
506 posts
10,760 battles
3 hours ago, USAPatriotGamer said:

For those who don't do much Competitive playing, it feels like a lifetime.

it's around 50 games for a season

or about 150 games for a ship over half a year

Less than a game a day isn't that much, averaged out

Over a season that's about 4ish games a session