You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shomaruki

You know after trail and error with Rockets

18 comments in this topic

Members
732 posts
999 battles

At times I feel like they don't deploy but, I can say I'm not against the change. Really all I did not was focus my targets else where. (Once I figure out the recorded folder I'll upload it.)

I start the game set the standard for the team letting them know. "I'll spot the DD but I'm not going to waste first half of game shooting at him" The team gives me the Wilco, I ping the DD, and next thing you know my teammates are focusing the DD.  Rockets to me have become nothing more then just I'm going to Freeze a zone from being captured long enough for a teammate to sail into the area. I'm personally okay with keeping it. O-O

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Members
328 posts
6,735 battles

CVs have been nothing but nerfed since 8.7 and it is time to give the class a few things back.  Since I'm pretty sure we aren't going back to the old rocket aiming, I think the rocket lead times need to be shortened....especially for Tiny Tims which are unusable on anything but battleships.  Unless the devs are going to allow the tracers to do damage, I'd like to see all of the small HE rocket lead times shortened to 3 seconds or less, with Tiny Tims and the upcoming Soviet rockets at no more than 4.  I believe anything but the British HE rockets are too difficult for a new CV player to use right now, and if the CV number trend any lower, it is not healthy for the game.  Also, the Audacious rocket penetration needs to be increased to 30 mm so they work on cruisers.  Lastly, bring the Enterprise back to the Armory and Premium Shop, or at least run some events where you can get her.  No one who knows what they are talking about considers her anywhere closed to unbalanced anymore.  I'd argue she is weaker than Lexington at T8 right now.  

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,602 posts
7 hours ago, Shomaruki said:

At times I feel like they don't deploy but, I can say I'm not against the change. Really all I did not was focus my targets else where. (Once I figure out the recorded folder I'll upload it.)

I start the game set the standard for the team letting them know. "I'll spot the DD but I'm not going to waste first half of game shooting at him" The team gives me the Wilco, I ping the DD, and next thing you know my teammates are focusing the DD.  Rockets to me have become nothing more then just I'm going to Freeze a zone from being captured long enough for a teammate to sail into the area. I'm personally okay with keeping it. O-O

I think your comments reflect something many CV players don't step back and take note of:

'I'm not going to waste the first half of the game shooting at him'

Now imagine the DD player, who faces the first half of the game just trying to stay alive, not really participating, just dodging until his death.

You described exactly why the change was needed. :Smile_honoring:

As for the freezing of the zone, you make it sound terrible - yet how long ago did the hit rate of the torpedoes became so poor (remember they are a weapon meant to damage/kill) that they started to be referred to as 'area denial' tools. :Smile_teethhappy:

DD players, especially torp ships, had to hear how their main damage weapon was in fact an 'area denial tool'. At least it's only one CV weapon that has been changed, and you can still hit many, many other targets with them.

@MaddauIt's surreal how many similarities there are between the DD/CVs. How the DD went through many nerfs (still remember EarlGreys review of all the changes years back) - all to ensure they fit into the WG master plan.

Each nerf came with the cry of 'not another nerf!' - and the DD Mafia tag was born.

It now seems the DD Mafia needs to step aside for the Next Generation: the CV Mafia. Like the DD ship type, you could have many many years of changes to come.

Remember CV mains, after all these years the DD is still here, and although CV mains will get as fed up with the 'adapt and overcome'  as the DD main did, I am sure the CV will also survive. :Smile_honoring:

The same 'will' happen to the subs.

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

Members
2,007 posts

The rocket nerf is tolerable at T6. It's even less pronounced with AP rockets. At T8 and T10 it's ruining the game for me.

Some CV's require their rockets to function normally. You only get a second or two to aim and make a decision.  You're under constant AA damage at all times. A fraction of a second matters. This nerf ruins the precision required.

Have you tried Indomitable with the rocket nerf? It only has rockets and bombs. It's possible to do well with bombs only, but this is a pretty big nerf for that CV. The Enterprise has basically been reduced to a Port Queen.

Fuggit. I just play T6. At least the Loewenhardt and Ark Royal can still sorta deal with DD's.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,602 posts
46 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

The rocket nerf is tolerable at T6. It's even less pronounced with AP rockets. At T8 and T10 it's ruining the game for me.

Some CV's require their rockets to function normally. You only get a second or two to aim and make a decision.  You're under constant AA damage at all times. A fraction of a second matters. This nerf ruins the precision required.

Have you tried Indomitable with the rocket nerf? It only has rockets and bombs. It's possible to do well with bombs only, but this is a pretty big nerf for that CV. The Enterprise has basically been reduced to a Port Queen.

Fuggit. I just play T6. At least the Loewenhardt and Ark Royal can still sorta deal with DD's.

I'm sure when the torp DD mains were told their primary 'weapon' should be thought of more of as an 'area denial' tool, they felt bad too.

The fact the CV has other weapons in addition to the fact they can still hit other ships with their rockets, well, for it to 'ruin' a CV players game seems to indicate that CV player is not doing the best for their team if so fixated on the one thing (granted I'm using the thoughts of Ahskance when he said if this Rocket change is effecting you that much I would suggest you aren't playing your CV correctly). :Smile_honoring:

Of course I understand some CVs will be more affected, a bit like the Atlanta and Kidd were affected more with the A changes - ironic as they were ships specifically sold for their AA gimmick. It doesn't look as though they will eve revert back to their stronger days.

I hope WG at least addresses those CVs that are limited in their loadout and are greatly affected by the change with the rockets. But then they left the Atlanta/Kidd as they are, in fact the Atlanta was further hit with the IFHE nerf) so who knows if they will even bother? I hope they do address it though, as I would like all ship types/players to have an equal chance to contribute to their teams game.

[WPORT]
Members
20,733 posts
22,656 battles
8 hours ago, Maddau said:

CVs have been nothing but nerfed since 8.7 and it is time to give the class a few things back.  Since I'm pretty sure we aren't going back to the old rocket aiming, I think the rocket lead times need to be shortened....especially for Tiny Tims which are unusable on anything but battleships.  Unless the devs are going to allow the tracers to do damage, I'd like to see all of the small HE rocket lead times shortened to 3 seconds or less, with Tiny Tims and the upcoming Soviet rockets at no more than 4.  I believe anything but the British HE rockets are too difficult for a new CV player to use right now, and if the CV number trend any lower, it is not healthy for the game.  Also, the Audacious rocket penetration needs to be increased to 30 mm so they work on cruisers.  Lastly, bring the Enterprise back to the Armory and Premium Shop, or at least run some events where you can get her.  No one who knows what they are talking about considers her anywhere closed to unbalanced anymore.  I'd argue she is weaker than Lexington at T8 right now.  

image_2021-07-11_072231.png.d61afa07a297f38b6692ace5a2d8c94e.png

2 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

image_2021-07-11_072231.png.d61afa07a297f38b6692ace5a2d8c94e.png

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,146 battles

When the numbers fall to the point of once in a blue Moon, that is 28 days apart for a full Moon; we will see what happens.

I am not sure rockets will be useful as a DD deterrent, so I keep my CV moving and use other strike groups. If I use rockets now, it is to spot.

But having seen the games I am in with untouched spotted DDs; that is not ever good. When your spot damage should be at a certain point and it no longer is; that is a problem.

Before the nerf, I would hit a DD a few times and a player realizing that a CV player is about to score a kill takes it for themselves. I would get a lot of spot damage for that. Because the vast majority of players hate CV players and will jump at the chance to steal a DD kill.

Since nerf, I just spot them. But since a fat BB is further behind to farm, nobody shoots at the DD. The cap is then taken. Team blames CV for not getting the DD. Yet same players complaining are same ones shooting over the spotted DD and at a BB.

Bottom line, if I beat the DD or any ship to near death, someone will steal it. But I spot it a lot, no one shoots at a lower HP ship type at full health if a bigger HP farm ship is another choice. But you lose the cap and it's CVs fault eh?

This is the problem in PvP and CV players don't like the attitude some players have towards them.

If a CV player had an opt out button for every match with a team mate with a snarky remark or even red team's comments ,  then there probably would never be a single CV match ever.

It's funny to see the comments at start and then late game. They are night and day. As if these teammates are experienced CV players to begin with. But God forbid you look up their stats post match only to find that these players never played a single match or even competitively in a CV with significant battles played that would construe them as experts.

It seems opinions are like mustaches everyone has one,  only some you see on the face. The rest are aft and down below.

I think WG should create a CV mode and be done with it. Lock out DDs BBs, and cruisers. Make it both a co-op mode and a Randoms with steel payouts.

This will benefit players that hate CVs. And CV players will have incentive to play.

It just might make a few players that never tried the ship type, to try it just for the steel rewards alone.

That would make WG happy, Right?

.   Meanwhile at cruisers that hate CVs bar....

"They get their own mode and get paid with Steel. Oooooffff, I hate CVs, I hate those disgusting bastards! Arghh! * Cruiser player Chokes a Twinkie

• Thanks 1

[STJ]
Members
2 posts
10,692 battles
On 7/11/2021 at 8:07 AM, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

When the numbers fall to the point of once in a blue Moon, that is 28 days apart for a full Moon; we will see what happens.

I am not sure rockets will be useful as a DD deterrent, so I keep my CV moving and use other strike groups. If I use rockets now, it is to spot.

But having seen the games I am in with untouched spotted DDs; that is not ever good. When your spot damage should be at a certain point and it no longer is; that is a problem.

Before the nerf, I would hit a DD a few times and a player realizing that a CV player is about to score a kill takes it for themselves. I would get a lot of spot damage for that. Because the vast majority of players hate CV players and will jump at the chance to steal a DD kill.

Since nerf, I just spot them. But since a fat BB is further behind to farm, nobody shoots at the DD. The cap is then taken. Team blames CV for not getting the DD. Yet same players complaining are same ones shooting over the spotted DD and at a BB.

Bottom line, if I beat the DD or any ship to near death, someone will steal it. But I spot it a lot, no one shoots at a lower HP ship type at full health if a bigger HP farm ship is another choice. But you lose the cap and it's CVs fault eh?

This is the problem in PvP and CV players don't like the attitude some players have towards them.

If a CV player had an opt out button for every match with a team mate with a snarky remark or even red team's comments ,  then there probably would never be a single CV match ever.

It's funny to see the comments at start and then late game. They are night and day. As if these teammates are experienced CV players to begin with. But God forbid you look up their stats post match only to find that these players never played a single match or even competitively in a CV with significant battles played that would construe them as experts.

It seems opinions are like mustaches everyone has one,  only some you see on the face. The rest are aft and down below.

I think WG should create a CV mode and be done with it. Lock out DDs BBs, and cruisers. Make it both a co-op mode and a Randoms with steel payouts.

This will benefit players that hate CVs. And CV players will have incentive to play.

It just might make a few players that never tried the ship type, to try it just for the steel rewards alone.

That would make WG happy, Right?

.   Meanwhile at cruisers that hate CVs bar....

"They get their own mode and get paid with Steel. Oooooffff, I hate CVs, I hate those disgusting bastards! Arghh! * Cruiser player Chokes a Twinkie

On 7/11/2021 at 4:38 AM, ElectroVeeDub said:

Note: I do not play cvs much, only for fun, i have not grinded a cv line and don't plan to

In regards to spotting a dd and no one shooting them, that happens with radars, hydros, and dds that outspot other dds. I'm not going to look up your stats but if you've played other ships types often and of various nations, you will notice that turrets take time to traverse, load if they are reloading, fire accurately (account for course and shell travel time) and whether they can shoot over the island (if there is one). Another thing to keep in mind when spotting a ship and expecting a hail of shells to rain down on the spotted ship, is whether your allies can shoot at them without being obliterated because unlike carriers, gun bloom exists so a broadside mogami will not shoot at a spotted dd at 11km if there is a bunch of red battleships that can possibly toast the mogami. This lack of thinking about the surface ship's position and mindset leads to something CV players on the forums in general seem to forget alot when complaining about other surface ships' complaints about CVs (granted some players like myself are mediocre at best): The carrier does not risk their hull to deal damage (due to unlimited range and flight time), utilize weapons (planes) that move faster than surface ships (also causes accidental spotting problems for surface ships), can provide their own spotting as well as strike at ships regardless of their (CV's) ship position. From the point of a surface ship's perspective, you might as well be a cruiser (rockets), battleship (bombs), and destroyer (torps) all rolled into a single ship that moves faster (plane speed) than them whilst being able to randomly spot them (plane spotting). Keeping that in mind, the surface ship cannot effectively stop the CV from striking them because AA doesn't stop first strikes and on most ships, doesn't stop the second strike. A surface ship shooting down a CV's attack plane is the equivalent of breaking another surface ship's guns but one or two barrels at a time on a triple or quad turret (note in this case, the turret will still shoot even with only 1-2 functioning barrels). I'm not going to touch the topic of plane squads, AA damage reduction to planes, plane reload, CV's potential to strike any ship etc..

The rocket plane nerf with the delay between initiation of the machine guns and rockets firing is a means to allow ships to dodge rockets like how they can dodge shells because rocket travel time when firing from 1 - 2 km was way too fast to even dodge. It was the equivalent of ships firing at 1-2 km from each other which requires barely any lead (mostly). This lack of travel time was made worse because the CV player could choose the angle of attack since planes out-maneuvers ships. Therefore, the rocket plane nerf was needed to prevent CVs from getting basically free damage on ships since rockets couldn't be dodged consistently even in the hands of a very good player.

One thing to note about the rocket nerf is the planes get immunity when firing the machine guns, which negates close range AA from possibly reducing the attacking flight size (number of rockets being fired) at the last moment.

Also that constant AA damage thing, doesn't really matter if the time you spend getting hit by AA is only when you choose to get within attack range of them (which means you can strike them as well) and when all the fire being direct at the planes is AI controlled as well as on some ships might as well be the officers on the bridge firing pistols (kagero).

As for getting kills stolen from you, happens to everyone and of course everyone will shoot a low hp ship.

TLDR: Play different surface ships and get to understand their limitations as well as things that surface ship players must keep in mind (overmatch, armour scheme, fires, torps, hp, getting outspotted, gun bloom, positioning, gun range, CV strikes etc). You will realize soon why surface ships complain about CVs. The rocket nerf was an attempt to fix one very particular problem with rocket plane interactions.

Edited by RedstoneMech

[-HUGS]
Members
973 posts
13,180 battles

I started playing CVs again, after a couple week hiatus. Did some games with Ryujo and Furious especially, yesterday. I can still hit DDs with rockets, but yeah... It's going to happen that only 1 or 2 hits. getting about 3-4 on avg.  I think I could improve my hit rate further with a bit of practice, learn to anticipate how a DD turn radius will look like... Anticipate the curve a bit better.

For sure, you can't focus/erase DDs anymore, but you can still influence their gameplay a lot using rocket planes. Getting a few hits on a destroyer is normally more than sufficient to force it to retreat and seek cover.  So rocket planes are perfectly fine for area denial on destroyers, which can be key in assisting your teams to contest caps or prevent a successful torp run. Most teams need assistance with DDs; there are still lots of battleships who insist that it's not their job to shoot at DDs, as an exemple.    What I am really trying to say is that in some circumstances, locating them is not sufficient because your team will be too incompetent to do anything about them on their own; you'll need to engage them and force them to retreat too.

Beside that, it's business as usual. Although I suddenly find myself struggling to win games with Furious, for some reasons.  Before the nerf, the influence you had on destroyers was a big part of its game. Destroyers were afraid of getting blapped, with 1 or 2 modules incapacitated.  Now that you don't get that much impact, you're left with the DOT gimmick on large ships. Which works if you have people on your team who understand it and follow up your strikes with HE, report ships that have use DCP, etc.  But random being what it is... That kind of cooperation usually doesn't happen. Which sucks. I wonder if I'll get the T8 now, or just forget about that branch for the time being. 

Members
103 posts
1,170 battles

My issue with CVs is many things. Not that I am anti-CV; I actually think they bring something valuable to the game. I do think they are balanced poorly, and that there should be some way for surface ships to opt out of CV/SS game.

My main issue, however, is lack of counterplay. A): Surface ships can do nothing against a CV except dodge or stay close together. This is infuriating for them. B): If RNG puts flak in the planes faces, they lose 1-5 planes, and the others are seriously damaged, frequently forcing to CV to recall the whole squadron without attacking, or suffer the loss of the vast majority of the squadron (which takes about 2-5 minutes to replace). Not counting RNG, if players simply stay within about 4km of each other, then form a death ball, against which the CV can do nothing. 

It almost seems as if the system was designed to infuriate both sides, cause dissent between them, and allow WG to profit off of that. 

Members
732 posts
999 battles
36 minutes ago, Igiby100 said:

My issue with CVs is many things. Not that I am anti-CV; I actually think they bring something valuable to the game. I do think they are balanced poorly, and that there should be some way for surface ships to opt out of CV/SS game.

My main issue, however, is lack of counterplay. A): Surface ships can do nothing against a CV except dodge or stay close together. This is infuriating for them. B): If RNG puts flak in the planes faces, they lose 1-5 planes, and the others are seriously damaged, frequently forcing to CV to recall the whole squadron without attacking, or suffer the loss of the vast majority of the squadron (which takes about 2-5 minutes to replace). Not counting RNG, if players simply stay within about 4km of each other, then form a death ball, against which the CV can do nothing. 

It almost seems as if the system was designed to infuriate both sides, cause dissent between them, and allow WG to profit off of that. 

This is what people fail to understand in this game that I have argued none stop.

No Ship should be able be to counter everything.  ALL surface ships have AA it's just some have stronger AA than others. This isn't a 1 v 1 game, the object of the game is literally to work as a Team /Fleet. I hate destroyers with a passion but because it takes forever to kill them but due to teammates that outright ignore them. However I hate getting sunk more than I do losing a game. I personally pick off any target this is either getting the closest to me and/or away from their teammates and near mine.  Hell if removed rocket planes in general just let me be able to control multiple units of planes once more like the RTS days and I'll never complain about how strong they make AA again lol.

• Cool 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,146 battles
On 7/12/2021 at 10:03 PM, RedstoneMech said:

Note: I do not play cvs much, only for fun, i have not grinded a cv line and don't plan to

In regards to spotting a dd and no one shooting them, that happens with radars, hydros, and dds that outspot other dds. I'm not going to look up your stats but if you've played other ships types often and of various nations, you will notice that turrets take time to traverse, load if they are reloading, fire accurately (account for course and shell travel time) and whether they can shoot over the island (if there is one). Another thing to keep in mind when spotting a ship and expecting a hail of shells to rain down on the spotted ship, is whether your allies can shoot at them without being obliterated because unlike carriers, gun bloom exists so a broadside mogami will not shoot at a spotted dd at 11km if there is a bunch of red battleships that can possibly toast the mogami. This lack of thinking about the surface ship's position and mindset leads to something CV players on the forums in general seem to forget alot when complaining about other surface ships' complaints about CVs (granted some players like myself are mediocre at best): The carrier does not risk their hull to deal damage (due to unlimited range and flight time), utilize weapons (planes) that move faster than surface ships (also causes accidental spotting problems for surface ships), can provide their own spotting as well as strike at ships regardless of their (CV's) ship position. From the point of a surface ship's perspective, you might as well be a cruiser (rockets), battleship (bombs), and destroyer (torps) all rolled into a single ship that moves faster (plane speed) than them whilst being able to randomly spot them (plane spotting). Keeping that in mind, the surface ship cannot effectively stop the CV from striking them because AA doesn't stop first strikes and on most ships, doesn't stop the second strike. A surface ship shooting down a CV's attack plane is the equivalent of breaking another surface ship's guns but one or two barrels at a time on a triple or quad turret (note in this case, the turret will still shoot even with only 1-2 functioning barrels). I'm not going to touch the topic of plane squads, AA damage reduction to planes, plane reload, CV's potential to strike any ship etc..

The rocket plane nerf with the delay between initiation of the machine guns and rockets firing is a means to allow ships to dodge rockets like how they can dodge shells because rocket travel time when firing from 1 - 2 km was way too fast to even dodge. It was the equivalent of ships firing at 1-2 km from each other which requires barely any lead (mostly). This lack of travel time was made worse because the CV player could choose the angle of attack since planes out-maneuvers ships. Therefore, the rocket plane nerf was needed to prevent CVs from getting basically free damage on ships since rockets couldn't be dodged consistently even in the hands of a very good player.

One thing to note about the rocket nerf is the planes get immunity when firing the machine guns, which negates close range AA from possibly reducing the attacking flight size (number of rockets being fired) at the last moment.

Also that constant AA damage thing, doesn't really matter if the time you spend getting hit by AA is only when you choose to get within attack range of them (which means you can strike them as well) and when all the fire being direct at the planes is AI controlled as well as on some ships might as well be the officers on the bridge firing pistols (kagero).

As for getting kills stolen from you, happens to everyone and of course everyone will shoot a low hp ship.

TLDR: Play different surface ships and get to understand their limitations as well as things that surface ship players must keep in mind (overmatch, armour scheme, fires, torps, hp, getting outspotted, gun bloom, positioning, gun range, CV strikes etc). You will realize soon why surface ships complain about CVs. The rocket nerf was an attempt to fix one very particular problem with rocket plane interactions.

I do play all the ships. And my record is available to the public.

[JR-B]
Members
21 posts
1,470 battles
On 7/13/2021 at 12:03 AM, RedstoneMech said:

I'm furious with with WG for rockets nerf at the point I'm considering stop playing WoW. I had chosen USA CVs for  the rockets then they nerfed the rockets saying they "evolved" (👎). I feel like they are mocking me using the word "evolved".  I was learning CVs, I was only only targeting DD's when they aggressively go against my carrier. Now is almost impossible for an average CV player to hit destroyers so if they manage to approach your CV your CV is dead. I laugh at teammates that "order" me to go for destroyers, only I can do against them now is to spot them. It's impossible for me as an average player to hit them. I think they should at least compensate CVs with very long range and powerful secondary batteries that keep destroyers far away from the carrier at risk of taking heavy damage.  May be top expertise CV players can still defend their carriers against destroyers; average ones than me can't and are defenseless. Also new rocket animation is ludicrous: why should I advise a ship I'm going to fire my rockets with a previous machine gun long barrage that makes it zero damage??  But all comes at a prize: now BBs and cruisers had to deal with destroyers themselves without any CVs help,  CVs concentrate rockets into BBs and big targets, and DDs reign and only have to fear others DDs and some maneuverable cruisers. 

• Boring 1

[-BUI-]
Members
2,797 posts
7,603 battles

I stopped playing entirely and will not come back until the rockets are fixed.  

CVs are unplayable right now and a total waste of time.     DDs just charge at your CV and there is nothing you can do to stop them from killing you at all.

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

[KERR]
Beta Testers
430 posts
10,291 battles
On 7/14/2021 at 2:39 PM, Igiby100 said:

wait, "form a death ball". Are you referring to the ACTUAL Real Life style that was used quite effectively in WW2?  Heaven forbid some of these folks actually take the time to learn and use real warfare tactics in an MMO.

• Funny 1

[JR-B]
Members
21 posts
1,470 battles
8 hours ago, Zenn3k said:

CVs are unplayable right now and a total waste of time.     DDs just charge at your CV and there is nothing you can do to stop them from killing you at all.

I agree. I very rarely play my Ranger CV after this dirty nerf.  My CV has basically been turned into a defenseless ship. The few times I play it, I only attack BBs to farm credits and XP. I do not worry anymore about spotting for the team, my planes take exotics ways just to prey on isolate BBs. And I know if a DD manage to get close to my CV, my CV will be sunk because I can't defend it against DDs anymore. Anyways, I don't care, because by that time I would have farmed more credits than ship reparation costs. I play with chat sound disabled and I do not pay attention to the chat at all.  This is the way Wargaming forced me to play my CV after the rocket nerf. 

[KERR]
Beta Testers
430 posts
10,291 battles
On 7/16/2021 at 2:50 PM, Zenn3k said:

Guess I am on the other foot.  Re-started the IJN and RN lines and plan to get them to 10, then going to another carrier line.  Being "bull headed", I plan to do my best to figure this out and have fun in the process.

Members
103 posts
1,170 battles
On 7/16/2021 at 6:58 PM, Smokeader said:

wait, "form a death ball". Are you referring to the ACTUAL Real Life style that was used quite effectively in WW2?  Heaven forbid some of these folks actually take the time to learn and use real warfare tactics in an MMO.

This is not history. If we were going for history, then yes. But we aren't. Consumables like MBRB and Engine Boost, along with ships like the Kremlin come to mind (to fight effectively on the high seas, it would have to be roughly 2.8 times the length of the Yamato, given its displayed freeboard).

• Cool 1