You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SCS_Captkirk

Oklahoma ,first battle.

17 comments in this topic

[COFFY]
[COFFY]
Members
10 posts
5,413 battles

It is slow...but workable .

2 ships sunk,NY and a Jaguar .

22 planes shot down,22 secondary hits that helped with the DD.

Fired only HE and got arsonist on the NY,devastating strike on the DD.

50,607 damage and second on the list.

Awesome secondarys but the main reload time of 37 seconds needs a buff.

Its not that bad of a ship..

shot-21.07.10_19.12.00-0242.jpg

Edited by SCS_Captkirk
  • Cool 4

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles

Agree.

Maybe not the best T5, but decent enough.

lol, five years playing battleships helps!

• Thanks 1

[BTLST]
Members
889 posts
4,181 battles

A look at the secondary accuracy tables should tell you that this ship is meant to be played up close.

[MNPF]
Members
245 posts
9,834 battles

Just for chagrins, I played the Oklahoma today. 40s gun reload, extremely poor penetration, very inaccurate.  There is no reason to play this boat.

EDIT - see below, I have changed my mind (9/6/2021)

Edited by Tigerspook
Time has passed
  • Meh 1

Members
111 posts
4,848 battles

Maybe I’m slightly biased, but I do enjoy her. The turret layout is very nice for her tier with fairly decent angles to work with. Secondaries are there and does help some, especially with a secondary build, not really the main armament though. I find many of her weaknesses exaggerated, for example: sigma is identical to most of the tier, are her guns really “exceptionally inaccurate?”

[MNPF]
Members
245 posts
9,834 battles

Ok, some time has passed and the game has changed. We have new captains skills and we've seen various Balans changes.

I've been running Oklahoma with a 16 pt captain with a full secondary build, plus AA doodads for funsies.  In addition I added the secondary equipment too.

This thing is kinda a monster.  The main guns suck, so load HE and get within secondary range.  Then just let the secondaries do their thing.  60k+ games are common.  I also uploaded  my best. Note the fires.  About half my damage was from fires and secondaries.  It was a straight tier 5 game, so about as fair as it gets.

The jury is still out on those 2 AA skills.  Since I equipped then CVs have been rare, like  1 game in 9.  If they don't chew up planes, I might need to grind another point so I can replace the 3 point skill with Fireproof.  This captain is also used in the Missouri and Georgia.

How to play:
1. Float forward slowly (it isn't like you have a choice, really) until the reds have committed themselves.
2. Push a cap, or push the center. Try to keep a DD or CA between you and the reds. You need spotting.
3. Load HE and spam like a drunk monkey.
4. When you get someone in 2ndary range, ctrl left-click to target, and let the 2ndaries work.

How to fail:
1. get torped, or get in range of too many HE spammers. The boat needs fire prevention. I have had a -0- point game just today when a Schchors lit me up with 2 fires, then put three on me. And that was that.
2. Go broadside.
3. Forget to run when you need to run. You won't be able to get away but the whole time your secondaries should be hammering away.
4. Stay back and take long range shots.

EDIT - after a few games with tier 4 and tier 6 CVs, it is clear that the AA skills provide no benefit for the Oklahoma.

Screenshot (74).png

Screenshot (76).png

Screenshot (71).png

Edited by Tigerspook
  • Cool 1

Members
111 posts
4,848 battles

I’ve found myself slinging AP around most of the time, you are low enough to find cruisers to citadel, and you can get 10k shots off against BBs. Not many BBs you can citadel though, pretty sure you can’t pen Konig’s belt even in a drive by. Just get a feel of what you can and can’t do here, upper belt is still quite juicy.

Basically keep an eye out for cruisers to citadel and try not to waste shots on angled BBs, your reload can hurt. She does want to be closer, but I’d advise against throwing your ship away just to get some secondary hits in.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,991 posts
760 battles

It's been a year since the event that made her available. Are they ever going to put her up for sale? 

• Cool 1

Members
111 posts
4,848 battles
On 10/19/2021 at 12:22 AM, ramp4ge said:

It's been a year since the event that made her available. Are they ever going to put her up for sale? 

Technically she is up for sale now, she is the completion reward from the always courageous containers.

[R_N]
Beta Testers
893 posts
1,628 battles

Being as that I am an avid US BB player and currently have in my port:

Arkansas Beta

Texas

Arizona

Alabama

North Carolina

I am really wanting to get the Oklahoma and W Virginia to complete my port. Call me crazy but I just love playing them and they have the added bonus of being the best looking battleships in game IMO.

[R_N]
Beta Testers
893 posts
1,628 battles

Its tied to a Collector set that you can only get through purchasing a certain type of container. And you have to collect all the pieces in order to get the Oklahoma. The required time and investment makes it not worth it IMO. Now if I could just pay 10-15 dollars and get it I would happily do so. It is only a tier 5 ship and my Texas is only 10 dollars nowadays and to be completely honest its one of my favorite premiums.

[KMS]
Members
133 posts
1,645 battles
On 9/3/2022 at 1:17 AM, USS_Vancouver said:

I never see anybody using this BB.

Be sure there' s good reason behind. ;)  You can fall asleep between reloads.

Members
268 posts
36,153 battles

I have Oklahoma in port. Used one of my rewards to skip playing it. The reload time was buffed but is still too slow. Turret takes almost a minute to switch sides. 19Kn speed means the battle may be over before you get into 17.1Km gun range.

• Cool 1