You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dementeddagger

Wargaming Bots Issues

11 comments in this topic

[SUNS]
Members
3 posts
781 battles

It may have been discussed before but I am New and have been binge playing for a few weeks and lately i notice that due to either lack of players or whatever reason, many of the random and coop battles I have entered have a lot of Wargaming Bots to take the place of missing players. The issue i have aside from their godly skill at accuracy at any range(even if you dodge they home in on you) I have tested this in around 20 battles and come to notice that they will ignore the bots on your team even when they are right next to each other and target any live players first. One instance is i was barely in range yet three bots from our team were about 2-4 KM from them yet the two ships targeted me instead, i have also seen it as a spectator on other live players. If you expect me to  spend money on premium membership think again i spend 5 to 6 battles with bots trying to accomplish what i can usually do in 1 or 2 with human players

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
6 minutes ago, Dementeddagger said:

It may have been discussed before but I am New and have been binge playing for a few weeks and lately i notice that due to either lack of players or whatever reason, many of the random and coop battles I have entered have a lot of Wargaming Bots to take the place of missing players. The issue i have aside from their godly skill at accuracy at any range(even if you dodge they home in on you) I have tested this in around 20 battles and come to notice that they will ignore the bots on your team even when they are right next to each other and target any live players first. One instance is i was barely in range yet three bots from our team were about 2-4 KM from them yet the two ships targeted me instead, i have also seen it as a spectator on other live players. If you expect me to  spend money on premium membership think again i spend 5 to 6 battles with bots trying to accomplish what i can usually do in 1 or 2 with human players

I believe that, with your battle count, (PvE doesn't count) you're in the "protected" queue, where all humans have similarly little experience.

I think once you hit 200 PvP matches, that ends, and you get thrown in with the sharks.

Alternatively, depending on what tier you play, and what time of day, bots are used to fill in.

T5 ships, you should only see a few bots, and not all the time, and in T6 ships, I don't think you'll ever see bots.

[SS238]
Members
473 posts
42,194 battles

First - I am a co-op main. Have been and will be, I do not enjoy random

Second - Games where you are the ONLY human player can and do happen. Depending on the time of day, you may have several of them. This should not be looked on as a problem. It should be looked on as an opportunity! You have a chance for really high damage scores, lots of action and many great battles in general

Third - Bots cheat! Get used to it. They know where you are. The know what ammo you have selected. They have a 98% fire chance. They know when you are aiming your torps, even when they are behind an island. They start dodging your torps the second you fire them. They have insane rudder shift times, can stop on a dime and give you a nickel change. On occasion they have Stalinium Armor and no citadels. As you state, they have amazing accuracy. And they have Death Torps - you know the ones where you kill the bot, change your speed, turn hard and then watch a spread of perfectly aligned torps pop up and blow you clear out of the water. The list of bots cheats is nearly endless.

The point of all this? That most the time bots are brain dead and suitable only for farming damage. But there are times when a bot will outplay any human player hands down. Go up against one of these and you can have a great fight. Go up against a couple of them in the same game, and win or lose, it's a blast.

And it's FUN!!!!  Because win or lose, the bots are perfect opponents. They don't crow when they win, they don't cry if they lose, and they die gloriously, in silence.

Enjoy

[CO-OP]
Members
5,206 posts
43,389 battles
22 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I believe that, with your battle count, (PvE doesn't count) you're in the "protected" queue, where all humans have similarly little experience.

I think once you hit 200 PvP matches, that ends, and you get thrown in with the sharks.

Alternatively, depending on what tier you play, and what time of day, bots are used to fill in.

T5 ships, you should only see a few bots, and not all the time, and in T6 ships, I don't think you'll ever see bots.

^^this.  Your first 200 games you get protected matchmaking, unless you play above tier 5.

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,404 posts
29,482 battles
46 minutes ago, Dementeddagger said:

2 more battles and you'll be food for us who love tier 1 to 4.....

• Cool 1

[F11]
Members
336 posts
6,826 battles

I'd suggest giving the section on matchmaking in the wiki a read.  Specifically this part:

The Matchmaker for Newcomers

A newcomer is a player who has played at most 200 battles. World of Warships has a special queue for newcomers entering Random battle so they gain experience before moving on to general Random Battles. If any newcomers decide they are ready to fight with experienced players, they will be able to do that by playing Tier V+ ships:

• When playing a ship of Tier I–IV, a newcomer is put into the special queue for newcomers only.
  • When playing a ship of Tier V or higher, a newcomer is put into the general Random queue.
  • Players who have played more than 200 battles will always be placed in the general Random queue.
  • If the waiting time spent by the first player in the queue exceeds 3 minutes, battles are possible where there is only one live player mirrored by a bot. In this case, the rest of the player’s team will be filled out with bots, and the opposing team will also be filled with bots, mirroring the player’s team in terms of ship tiers and types.
  • A Division can be placed in the queue for newcomers only if all members meet the requirements above (not more than 200 battles, Tier I-IV ship).

Bots in Non-Newcomer Random Battles

• In Tier I–V Random Battles, bots will be added until complete teams are formed if the waiting time spent by the first player in the queue exceeds 3 minutes. A battle will only be matched if the general queue contains at least one pair of players playing ships of the same tier.
  • If players have ships of different types, then after 3 minutes of waiting in the queue, they will be mirrored by bot ships of the same types and tiers, and the teams will be complemented with bots within the limits for ship types and tiers for this particular battle tier. It means each team will have the same number of bots.
  • A visual notification about the maximum waiting time and possibility of matching bots to the battle is on the battle loading screen.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Matchmaking

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,809 posts
20,779 battles
4 hours ago, Dementeddagger said:

First off, Welcome to the Game and the Forum.

Now about the bots: The bots target selection confuses me at times as well. I could be in co-op, and there could be a ship closer to the bot, but it targets and continues to shoot at me. Was I at a lower health? Had I already racked up alot of damage in the bots eyes? Was I a greater threat? I don't know.

Alot of people here who play Co-Op at higher tiers will agree, usually in a Co-Op game, the bot DDs will target each other and even ram each other, so it isn't that bots wont fight each other. They will.

As has been said, once you get past that 200 battle point, you are no longer in the 'protected' area. You should see more 'live' players then, but I don't think you'll see full teams of live players until about T4.

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,404 posts
29,482 battles
4 hours ago, Dementeddagger said:

Ive tested and even when i do not attack at all and I am at full health they seem to target me as soon as i am spotted

Some observations I gleamed from 2 hours of discovering which tier 1 was best 4 weeks ago:

Note, all I learned that day have helped no matter the tier or ship.

1) your health is a finite resource, preserve it from the start.

2) don't allways shoot at the first thing spotted.

3) use cover to shoot from as much as possible to do #1.

4) choose your targets wisely.  Getting a low health ship off the board may save  allies .

5) there is no such thing as a kill steal.

6) if you can save a friendly without dying,  do it.

7) first 5 minutes or so play at range and see how match develops,  unless you are a dd.

8) when in a destroyer, holding a cap last is better than loosing your health to take it first.

9) let the Muppets take the early damage while you remove the smarter red guys.

10) in the end its about points and not damage, don't trade one for another.

11) map control is king. Better positioning will lead to cap control.

And lastly, 

The guy with more friends and health at the end will usually win.

I played 12 tier 1 matches , most had 1 Hermlin guy from a top 25 clan who taught me more as I watched him after my deaths, until I got IT.

Last match I sat back picked off easy kills, saved allies and preserved my health. 3 humans to a side, rest bots.

I ended up last alive vs that great player....

I got high caliber, Confederate,  kraken [ 9 kills], AND

SOLO WARRIOR.

Patience helped a ton.

[SUNS]
Members
3 posts
781 battles
On 7/10/2021 at 9:45 PM, Lord_Slayer said:

First off, Welcome to the Game and the Forum.

Now about the bots: The bots target selection confuses me at times as well. I could be in co-op, and there could be a ship closer to the bot, but it targets and continues to shoot at me. Was I at a lower health? Had I already racked up alot of damage in the bots eyes? Was I a greater threat? I don't know.

Alot of people here who play Co-Op at higher tiers will agree, usually in a Co-Op game, the bot DDs will target each other and even ram each other, so it isn't that bots wont fight each other. They will.

As has been said, once you get past that 200 battle point, you are no longer in the 'protected' area. You should see more 'live' players then, but I don't think you'll see full teams of live players until about T4.

I have been playing fore a while now and have ships up to tier 8 and still have been trying to take care of my 50% bonus exp battles with my various  tier 1 to tier 8 ships, again whether it be random or coop and no matter what tier it is there seems to be a variation of me with a few other players with bots filling the gaps on our team against a full team of bots and in most cases i am usually alone on my team with bots against a whole team of bots. I just did a battle at tier 5 and stayed behind the rest of the team and did not open fire and i had bots on the opposite team ignore those in ahead of me and target me from 3 different areas and then once i was taken out then they attacked the bots nearest them. I will try and record the next battle. They really need to make the bots less accurate with about 90% hit accuracy from max range it is ridiculous.