Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Proposed weekly complaint

20 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,568 battles

WG, undo the achievement nerf. If I get a Dreadnought, it should mean flags.

Right now they're useless.

• Cool 15

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,969 posts
5,224 battles

"But .. but.  You get moar missions to grind! Is good, yes?  No?"

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles

To mimic the OP,

WG, undo the achievement nerf. If I get detonated by fun and  enganging and totally not RNG reliant mechanics, it should mean  a consolation prize. Maybe some signals like Juliet Charlie could do?

Speaking  of, has anyone noticed more Detonations lately? Up until I went on a break I saw the number only increasing.

[CAAT]
Members
6,206 posts
8,031 battles
38 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Same with my Close Quarters Kill medals. I want my secondaries flags, you hear me Wargaming?! MY SECONDARIES FLAGS!!!!

Watching anime ruined my life - Forums - MyAnimeList.net

Members
117 posts
10,039 battles

I like the old method of receiving ten Flags for the Achievements.  Why even list them now?

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,778 posts
14,438 battles

I also agre with this. Rewards for the achievements actually means something. The really rare achievements like Solo Warrior should get a much bigger reword than it used to. Some of the other signals that are frequently used should be reconnected to their relevant achievements as well, especially Dreadnought, Close Quarters Expert, and Detonation.

[BOTES]
Members
2,394 posts
10,556 battles

Better yet, build game-altering signal flags into the game. Stop making weird requirements just to have a level playing field.

Leave the signal flags to economy/cosmetic only and make them available again via achievements.

Members
1,603 posts
18,714 battles

Alright, alright......How about this?  (you guys are going to hate it).  For every heroic achievement you get RP points, coal, or steel?  I mean right now you purchase flags with coal and RPs.  At least this way you can choose the flags you actually want.

OR

WG can create yet another currency earned by heroic achievements so it can be used to purchase stuff.....

• Cool 2

[ANK-S]
Members
460 posts
20,505 battles

Yeah, this snake move pissed me off bigtime.  It's like they are doing everything in their power to make me quit.  Submarines may be the straw that breaks the camel's back.  

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,688 posts
14,166 battles

I agree and wish they would revert it back to what it was before. It's not like it was a lot of flags due to only being able to get them once a day WG come on.

[TO07]
Members
4,296 posts
31,663 battles

A first in my Normandie  and its all for nothing

shot-21_07.10_20_36_36-0716.thumb.jpg.e605ba0ed637772da28b547b119b2bfb.jpg

[ARGSY]
Members
31,039 posts
29,264 battles

I find the achievement to be its own reward. I get them so infrequently that the flags meant nothing; I'm actually better off now than I was before.

IMO Wargaming did this to benefit new players and the co-op crowd. 

• Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[NATO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,639 posts
10,316 battles
19 hours ago, Reymu said:

Its called communism. Earning flags put you in a position to be better (or have a better ship) than the spuds who cannot get flags by playing well (because they cant/dont/wont play well), and WG doesnt want players who are better than others. That being said, it seems to be OK with WG for you to buy said flags to have a better ship......enter the 'pay to be better' (even if it is only 5% better lol) phase of WoWs....

Members
92 posts
3,437 battles
19 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

Its called communism. Earning flags put you in a position to be better (or have a better ship) than the spuds who cannot get flags by playing well (because they cant/dont/wont play well), and WG doesnt want players who are better than others. That being said, it seems to be OK with WG for you to buy said flags to have a better ship......enter the 'pay to be better' (even if it is only 5% better lol) phase of WoWs....

>A move done by WG to make the game grindier and more frustrating to play, so as to try and make you tempted to spend IRL money on flags is Communism and Not the age old Capitalist move of trying to squeeze you dry for every last penny

[FROG]
Members
21 posts
22,715 battles

For casual players the change to achievements is a net positive - it provides more signals than they may otherwise get.  For people who play a lot, it results in less flags so it's a net negative.  

I would prefer a hybrid approach - once you complete all the missions for signals the you would qualify for a bonus system - e.g. the old method of achievement based signals.  This is similar to the change to Naval Battles - the more you play results in bonus battles. It would please all parties. 

[CO-OP]
Members
3,726 posts
37,437 battles
20 hours ago, jediknight120 said:

Anecdotally, I get a lot less flags after the achievement change than before. So for me, it’s a negative.

Working as intended them... want some flags, dig in those pockets, coal/silver/doubloons/CT/RP/Visa/MC/Discover/Paypal we take 'em all!!

[WOLFG]
Members
17,103 posts
20,447 battles
On 7/10/2021 at 2:28 PM, Reymu said:

image.jpeg.83e29159887b27c0352c575dc27782df.jpeg

• Haha 1