Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CyberKnife

Is the curving torpedo bug fixed yet?

5 comments in this topic

[TFLT]
Members
305 posts
16,034 battles

I guess I should say "has the curving torpedo bug been acknowledged yet?:   I just watched Flamu's video on how Torpedoes on all ships are bugged and finally figured out what has been going on since the last patch. When I'm in a turn my torps 100% of the time curve off away from where I'm aiming and in the direction of my turn.

I have been going nuts the last week trying to figure out why I cant land torps on stationary objects...even islands if my ship is in even the slightest turn.  Thought it was just me. Anyone hear anything about this being fixed. I play Torpedo DDs mainly and my damage this week dropped off an unbelievable amount. Like to know when I can  play them again.

Here is the link to the video test Flamu did a week ago. 

I just would like to know if this issue is being worked on.

• Haha 1

[ALICE]
[ALICE]
Members
15 posts
11,452 battles

Hell No.

I was in my G.J Maeker yesterday and saw an amagi completely AFK.

And the white line was far ahead amagi, ridiculous!

So I didnt follow the white line and torped directly to that amagi.

All miss.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles

Flamu trying to pick straws out of anything, to me its silly...

Few things,

1. Stationary target fire  FROM a stationary target. Of course you're going to land where you aim...
  2. MOVING target firing at stationary target, of course your aim will be off... This not only on torps its in guns as well.. Especially when turning with your fire control system is not armed at a target.
    • This would be the same results if he was firing at an island or at stationary ship of the same size.

Flamu is now just doing crap for his followers to get in trouble...

This is just ridiculous...

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,075 battles
1 hour ago, Alice__Margatroid said:

Hell No.

I was in my G.J Maeker yesterday and saw an amagi completely AFK.

And the white line was far ahead amagi, ridiculous!

So I didnt follow the white line and torped directly to that amagi.

All miss.

If you have a white line on the screen you are locked on a target & the torps don't veer off when locked on a target...so your example (just like in the infamous Halland/DM video that supposedly inspired all of this) doesn't apply to what the OP is enquiring about.

That lie was debunked by Aeroon's video...although oddly enough Aeroon didn't even realize he was debunking it when he did it because he didn't stop to think about it (assuming anyway as he didn't mention it) after testing the scenario with the target lock set.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,075 battles
3 hours ago, CyberKnife said:

I guess I should say "has the curving torpedo bug been acknowledged yet?:   I just watched Flamu's video on how Torpedoes on all ships are bugged and finally figured out what has been going on since the last patch. When I'm in a turn my torps 100% of the time curve off away from where I'm aiming and in the direction of my turn.

I have been going nuts the last week trying to figure out why I cant land torps on stationary objects...even islands if my ship is in even the slightest turn.  Thought it was just me. Anyone hear anything about this being fixed. I play Torpedo DDs mainly and my damage this week dropped off an unbelievable amount. Like to know when I can  play them again.

Here is the link to the video test Flamu did a week ago. 

I just would like to know if this issue is being worked on.

Just to clarify...Aeroon did a video on the subject & proved w/out a shadow of a doubt that at no time does any torps actually "curve"...they just veer off target (but still in a straight line) when in a turn w/out a target lock (<that is a key factor).

Aka...this only applies to non locked on area denial torps...if you have a lock on target (aka a white line...or just a targeting circle if you CNTR/X on an island) the torps do not veer off & go where you aim them.

Not sure by the text in your OP if you are referring to ships that are locked on being missed but if so that is not the same scenario & your targets are just dodging your shots if they were locked on when you fired at them & you missed.

The torps veering off in a turn when maneuvering has been going on for many years & is not actually a new "bug"...if it's a "bug" it was known about many years ago by at least some STs (a friend of mine but I'm not sure how many other testers were in his inner circle that he tested things out with) & WG was informed about it many years ago & either they haven't figured out a solution yet or they never considered it game breaking enough to address...

As the game has been going along fine since then I'm assuming the latter.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this