You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hades05

Musashi

41 comments in this topic

[-GFY-]
Members
31 posts
13,034 battles

TF has WG done to Musashi's spread and penetration? I missed every shot on a Petro from 6kms and after about 7 shots I had accrued a total of 4k damage on it..... In the end he ended up killing me?

• Haha 1

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
10,578 posts

Musahi hits hard and has trollish dispersion.  That's how it's always been. 

• Cool 2

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
5,165 posts
15,884 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

Musahi hits hard and has trollish dispersion.  That's how it's always been.

Which is why it was so perplexing as to WG decided to remove her. Musashi isn't OP.

[SUNK-]
Members
331 posts
8,229 battles
4 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Which is why it was so perplexing as to WG decided to remove her. Musashi isn't OP.

I would disagree. I love my Mushi, but she literally had better armor than her t10 counterpart, t10 HP pool, and t10 guns at t9. All at the cost of what? Average BB dispersion, very low AA, and slow turrets? and the turrets were the same speed as Yammy when they were released. 

[CLUMP]
Members
2,861 posts
3,004 battles

You want a tier 9 Yamato this what you get :Smile_teethhappy: It also has horrible AA I go after Musashi's with passion :Smile_trollface:

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles
13 minutes ago, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

I would disagree. I love my Mushi, but she literally had better armor than her t10 counterpart, t10 HP pool, and t10 guns at t9. All at the cost of what? Average BB dispersion, very low AA, and slow turrets? and the turrets were the same speed as Yammy when they were released. 

Ironically Musashi AA is better than the RTS CV days. It can actually shoot down a few planes.

I found horrible AA to be a funny balancing factor to move a Yamato down 1 tier as Yamato herself has garbage AA. What makes her deadly is not that she faces T7s as any T9 BB can do that. It’s that she’s extra dangerous in T10.

Members
1,004 posts
8,620 battles
1 hour ago, Crokodone said:

She is pretty OP. She poops on everything at her tier.   Trick is staying mobile and using all 9 guns.  

• Cool 1

[TSF]
Members
924 posts
21,849 battles

The more games you play, the worse your RNG gets.

The game is a skinner box. 

The business model is addiction, not realistic physics. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,144 posts
30,906 battles
2 hours ago, Crokodone said:

She was broken OP even if you discount comparing her to Tech Tree Ships that will have lower stats for a variety of reasons.  Musashi is so OP that she made Jean Bart & Georgia look reasonably weak :Smile_trollface:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,887 posts
17,700 battles
3 hours ago, Crokodone said:

Musashi isn't OP.

what sort of  drugs are you on? its got T10 HP pool, Yamato armor and the 18.1 inch guns at T9, and all it has to give up for that is AA, which the IJN ships didnt have good AA to begin so no big loss there, and .3 sigma in comparsion to Yamato, imagine being a T7 and having to fight the Musashi

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
5,165 posts
15,884 battles
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

She was broken OP even if you discount comparing her to Tech Tree Ships that will have lower stats for a variety of reasons.  Musashi is so OP that she made Jean Bart & Georgia look reasonably weak :Smile_trollface:

The wonky dispersion and t6 AA even with fighter plane makes her frustrating to me. Feels like you almost have to brawl to get the most out of her 18.1in guns. And when I mean brawl I'm referring to the 12-14km range.

2 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

what sort of  drugs are you on? 

The drugs named: "plays this game." Armor wise, she's nothing new, and with that accuracy, stealth and AA, she feels more punching bag than super battleship. Which raises the question, with the introduction of super BBs, will Yamato join her sister at t9 and replace Izumo?

Mind you, Musashi isn't Yamato. Different Accuracy and no legendary mod. Georgias are more scary.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,144 posts
30,906 battles
1 hour ago, Crokodone said:

The wonky dispersion and t6 AA even with fighter plane makes her frustrating to me. Feels like you almost have to brawl to get the most out of her 18.1in guns. And when I mean brawl I'm referring to the 12-14km range.

The Sigma Musashi has of 1.8 is actually average Battleship Sigma.

Anyways, her numbers are still absurd.  They always have been.  Even after the Skill Rebork she's insane and makes Georgia and Jean Bart look weak.  Her sister Yamato, on paper the superior ship, has to play in an ultra-competitive Tier X Battleship setting.  In Tier IX, Musashi is the clear top dawg.  Not even close, Jean Bart doesn't even compare.

For the week of 07-03-2021 on NA Server:

Tier IX

Premium Marco Polo 47.7% WR, 1385 XP Avg, 63.9k Dmg Avg

Premium Hizen 47.1% WR, 1451 XP Avg, 65.3k Dmg Avg

Premium Musashi 56.6% WR, 1757 XP Avg, 96.9k Dmg Avg

Premium Pommern 50.1% WR, 1330 XP Avg, 60.2k Dmg Avg

Premium Jean Bart 54.4% WR, 1764 XP Avg, 88.4k Dmg Avg

Premium Georgia 54.1% WR, 1539 XP Avg, 75.9k Dmg Avg

Premium Missouri 54.9% WR, 1850 XP Avg, 77.8k Dmg Avg

Tier X

Yamato 49.2% WR, 1757 XP Avg, 86.1k Dmg Avg

Premium Shikashima 54.1% WR, 1972 XP Avg, 106.9k Dmg Avg

Premium Thunderer 49.8% WR, 1691 XP Avg, 91.8k Dmg Avg

Kremlin 50.9% WR, 1662 XP Avg, 78.3k Dmg Avg - LOL so much for Russian Bias, people! :Smile_veryhappy:

Premium Ohio 55.3% WR, 1841 XP Avg, 91.2k Dmg Avg

Musashi puts in numbers worthy of a Tier X Battleship, but she's in Tier IX.  Numbers worthy of some of the best Battleships Tier X has to offer.  This damn thing can beat the sh*t out of hapless Tier VII ships.  It only got easier for her with the CV Rebork removing odd tier CVs.  The CV Rebork also gutted everyone's AA, so Musashi's bad AA in the RTS CV days is now par for the course.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
2,442 posts
17,239 battles
9 hours ago, Rothgar_57 said:

Musashi does that from time to time.  Also petro does that all the time.

This is such a perfect statement. Bravo Zulu....

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
834 posts
12,079 battles

Nothing wrong with your Musashi.

Petro is a long skinny raft made of stalinium and armed with laser beams. Very hard to hit. 

• Funny 2

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
12 hours ago, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

I think Musashi's sigma is worse too.

And don't knock slow turrets as a balancing factor. They are quite glacial, and play a major role in determining how you operate the ship.

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles
8 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The Sigma Musashi has of 1.8 is actually average Battleship Sigma.

Anyways, her numbers are still absurd.  They always have been.  Even after the Skill Rebork she's insane and makes Georgia and Jean Bart look weak.  Her sister Yamato, on paper the superior ship, has to play in an ultra-competitive Tier X Battleship setting.  In Tier IX, Musashi is the clear top dawg.  Not even close, Jean Bart doesn't even compare.

For the week of 07-03-2021 on NA Server:

Tier IX

Premium Marco Polo 47.7% WR, 1385 XP Avg, 63.9k Dmg Avg

Premium Hizen 47.1% WR, 1451 XP Avg, 65.3k Dmg Avg

Premium Musashi 56.6% WR, 1757 XP Avg, 96.9k Dmg Avg

Premium Pommern 50.1% WR, 1330 XP Avg, 60.2k Dmg Avg

Premium Jean Bart 54.4% WR, 1764 XP Avg, 88.4k Dmg Avg

Premium Georgia 54.1% WR, 1539 XP Avg, 75.9k Dmg Avg

Premium Missouri 54.9% WR, 1850 XP Avg, 77.8k Dmg Avg

Tier X

Yamato 49.2% WR, 1757 XP Avg, 86.1k Dmg Avg

Premium Shikashima 54.1% WR, 1972 XP Avg, 106.9k Dmg Avg

Premium Thunderer 49.8% WR, 1691 XP Avg, 91.8k Dmg Avg

Kremlin 50.9% WR, 1662 XP Avg, 78.3k Dmg Avg - LOL so much for Russian Bias, people! :Smile_veryhappy:

Premium Ohio 55.3% WR, 1841 XP Avg, 91.2k Dmg Avg

Musashi puts in numbers worthy of a Tier X Battleship, but she's in Tier IX.  Numbers worthy of some of the best Battleships Tier X has to offer.  This damn thing can beat the sh*t out of hapless Tier VII ships.  It only got easier for her with the CV Rebork removing odd tier CVs.  The CV Rebork also gutted everyone's AA, so Musashi's bad AA in the RTS CV days is now par for the course.

It’s funny when you bring up stat comparisons of Yamato vs Musashi as mine show similar results. I’m an avid Yamato enjoyer, one of my OG BBs that’s big and historical. They now have basically the same amount of battles in terms of sample size, which I believe are significant enough.

Musashi has a slightly higher win rate, average damage, average frags, significantly worse planes destroyed, and lower PR than Yamato (lol). Colorado vs Musashi is basically a meme at this point.

[ANZ4C]
[ANZ4C]
Members
645 posts
10,685 battles
15 hours ago, Crokodone said:

Musashi is Hilariously OP at t9 bro

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,144 posts
30,906 battles
7 hours ago, GoldPile said:

It’s funny when you bring up stat comparisons of Yamato vs Musashi as mine show similar results. I’m an avid Yamato enjoyer, one of my OG BBs that’s big and historical. They now have basically the same amount of battles in terms of sample size, which I believe are significant enough.

Musashi has a slightly higher win rate, average damage, average frags, significantly worse planes destroyed, and lower PR than Yamato (lol). Colorado vs Musashi is basically a meme at this point.

The stat pattern of Musashi vs Yamato actually repeats itself with Azuma vs Yoshino.  Without a doubt Yoshino is the far superior ship between the two B-65 Super Cruisers.  But Yoshino's stats suck because Tier X is a tough neighborhood.  Azuma has the potential to beat up on Tier VII and her armor can matter more there.  Hell, Azuma can run into 356mm armed BBs which she can tank the f--k out of them!  Yoshino OTOH will be dealing with Yammies, Monties, Kremlins, Thunderers, Burgers, etc.  Even the other Cruisers in Tier X are not an easy fight for Yoshino.  Henri IV, Goliath, Des Memes, Petropavlovsk, or even Stalingrad.  Not easy, still a very dangerous environment.  Azuma can deal with Tier VII Cruisers that don't have Repair Party access and her 305mm AP can Overmatch the good and venerable Fiji.

IX Azuma 52.2% WR, 1573 XP Avg, 69.7k Dmg Avg

X Yoshino 47.4% WR, 1456 XP Avg, 68.4k Dmg Avg

I like diving into stats all the time and the pattern has repeated for both groups of ships for a very long time now.

Also, I still remember when Musashi was about to be released, a lot of people, including myself disparaged her.

"Why would I want a worse Yamato-class when I have the better Yamato aleady?"

I played a few games and observed a few Musashi players just own the map in a Tier VII-IX game.  I ate my own words and got Musashi.  It was hilarious Citadeling Bismarcks at long range, "worse" accuracy and all.

In the past, Tier IX Ranked has also been dominated by 3 ships:  Musashi, Kitakaze, Jutland.  The funny thing with IX Ranked is you saw the huge amount of battles Musashi is played.  All the owners come out of the woodworks.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
5,165 posts
15,884 battles
37 minutes ago, _SterlingArcher_ said:

Musashi is Hilariously OP at t9 bro

Against t7 ships yes but her dispersion is still wonky compared to her t9 peers.

59 minutes ago, GoldPile said:

I haven't seen enough Colorados to taste that meme

[NMKJT]
Members
4,282 posts
9,133 battles

Musashi punches the faces in of almost all T9 BBs, OP. And she's very strong uptiered, because it's Yamato guns with just average sigma and no other downsides. It's just you're fighting Petro.

4 hours ago, Skpstr said:

And don't knock slow turrets as a balancing factor. They are quite glacial, and play a major role in determining how you operate the ship.

Major role, but you can work around them pretty easily if you're a seasoned BB player. And the armor is still monstrous Yamato armor, cheek weakness aside. I like baiting out Kremls with those two, letting them think they'll cit me but it never happens.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,340 posts
9,620 battles
19 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Against t7 ships yes but her dispersion is still wonky compared to her t9 peers.

No it isn't.  

She has exactly the same dispersion as Izumo.  Same dispersion table, same sigma.

[F11]
Members
336 posts
6,815 battles
1 hour ago, GoldPile said:

Musashi has a slightly higher win rate, average damage, average frags, significantly worse planes destroyed, and lower PR than Yamato (lol)

This is because PR is calculated by comparing your stats in a ship to the ship's average stats (damage, kills, and winrate) across the server.  Musashi averages significantly higher than Yamato in all categories, so you have to have a similar increase in average stats from Yamato to Musashi in order to keep the same PR.