Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Done_Dirt_Cheap

Update today took away 3 min max queue times?

22 comments in this topic

[DDDDC]
Members
132 posts
1,118 battles

What the title says... is that what the update today did?

I'm currently sitting at 5 mins waiting to get into a T3 match... opps... i'm in. Same 4 humans, rest bots. but I got the honour of waiting an extra 2 minutes for this.  *Sigh*

PS: the 3 min time has been removed from the text while you are waiting in queue.

Edited by Done_Dirt_Cheap
  • Boring 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

ermm i don't recall seeing that, though maybe that's just for the protected mm at low tier...

[DDDDC]
Members
132 posts
1,118 battles

Here's what it says now..

"Maximum waiting time for a random battle is not limited. Vacant spaces will be distributed among bots (sic)"

That's definitely changed.  and first time I had to wait more then 3 mins since i started playing again a month ago.

• Sad 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,729 posts
26,569 battles
5 minutes ago, Done_Dirt_Cheap said:

"Maximum waiting time for a random battle is not limited. Vacant spaces will be distributed among bots (sic)"

Been that way for a long, long time.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[HWIN]
Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
200 posts
9,724 battles
10 minutes ago, Done_Dirt_Cheap said:

Here's what it says now..

That's definitely changed.  and first time I had to wait more then 3 mins since i started playing again a month ago.

It’s been like this for a while in regards to low tier battles.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Yeah, the 3 minutes is "inside info".

[DDDDC]
Members
132 posts
1,118 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

Don't want to disagree, but I started playing again about 3 or 4 weeks ago and I started from scratch, Eliting all Tier 1 and Tier II and most of Tier III before i started going up the 5 tech trees I want to continue, and in those 200'ish games I have been staring at that 3 min max time...   all while ONLY playing those tiers.  So, maybe they had a time limit as an experiment and now its removed.  But that 3 min max was most definitely there for low tiers this past month.  I timed my coffees on the damn thing lol

• Sad 1

[TCCN]
Members
247 posts
17,481 battles

You broke 200 battles and are no longer in the newb protected matchmaker

The Matchmaker for Newcomers

A newcomer is a player who has played at most 200 battles. World of Warships has a special queue for newcomers entering Random battle so they gain experience before moving on to general Random Battles. If any newcomers decide they are ready to fight with experienced players, they will be able to do that by playing Tier V+ ships:

• When playing a ship of Tier I–IV, a newcomer is put into the special queue for newcomers only.
  • When playing a ship of Tier V or higher, a newcomer is put into the general Random queue.
  • Players who have played more than 200 battles will always be placed in the general Random queue.
  • If the waiting time spent by the first player in the queue exceeds 3 minutes, battles are possible where there is only one live player mirrored by a bot. In this case, the rest of the player’s team will be filled out with bots, and the opposing team will also be filled with bots, mirroring the player’s team in terms of ship tiers and types.
  • A Division can be placed in the queue for newcomers only if all members meet the requirements above (not more than 200 battles, Tier I-IV ship).
Edited by triley70
added wows wiki
  • Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
2 minutes ago, triley70 said:

The Matchmaker for Newcomers

that clears that up, and what i suspected.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,729 posts
26,569 battles
6 minutes ago, Done_Dirt_Cheap said:

Don't want to disagree, but I started playing again about 3 or 4 weeks ago and I started from scratch <snip>

Protected newbie MM. That's over now. The 'not limited' has been there for a long, long time in 'mature' MM.

• Boring 1

[DDDDC]
Members
132 posts
1,118 battles
1 minute ago, triley70 said:

238 games...   hmmm. that makes sense. Thanks. Was not aware it changed at a certain threshold. 

The last time I played this game was Dec 2016 and i had about 15K battles.  Back then, you never saw a bot outside of tier I .. sometimes tier II.    So it was a shock for me to go all the way to tier IV playing mostly bots.

6 minutes ago, Lert said:

Protected newbie MM. That's over now. The 'not limited' has been there for a long, long time in 'mature' MM.

Got it.  Thx.

Lot of new mechanics to get used too.

Love the new content. It's nice having double the tech trees all at once to play with.

Not loving the MM though.  Especially the 4 CV's in matches I get with my Tier III's that have absolutely no AA.   And I absolutely can't make hide nor tails of all the premiums in the game now, lol. Just random names to me ATM.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
1 minute ago, Done_Dirt_Cheap said:

Not loving the MM though.  Especially the 4 CV's in matches I get with my Tier III's that have absolutely no AA.   And I absolutely can't make hide nor tails of all the premiums in the game now, lol. Just random names to me ATM.

i am with you there! it doesn't get better at t4 either... where your aa power maybe single digits ...

[RLGN]
Members
19,148 posts
35,185 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

This.

Been playing Randoms again for about two weeks, and don’t recall it being anything but ‘waiting time is unlimited.’

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,080 posts
60,245 battles

Excuse my ignorance, but as a co-op player, I have a question regarding MM in Randoms.  If the waiting time is unlimited in 'mature' Randoms, does that mean there are no longer queue dumps there?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
1 hour ago, Patton5150 said:

Excuse my ignorance, but as a co-op player, I have a question regarding MM in Randoms.  If the waiting time is unlimited in 'mature' Randoms, does that mean there are no longer queue dumps there?

of course not..  (there are always going to be queue dumps)

[CO-OP]
Members
5,205 posts
43,341 battles
13 minutes ago, remington79 said:

I’ve only seen the time limit on Co-op. 

Newcomers in a protected tier have a 3 minute max:

Bots in Non-Newcomer Random Battles

• In Tier I–V Random Battles, bots will be added until complete teams are formed if the waiting time spent by the first player in the queue exceeds 3 minutes. A battle will only be matched if the general queue contains at least one pair of players playing ships of the same tier.
  • If players have ships of different types, then after 3 minutes of waiting in the queue, they will be mirrored by bot ships of the same types and tiers, and the teams will be complemented with bots within the limits for ship types and tiers for this particular battle tier. It means each team will have the same number of bots.
  • A visual notification about the maximum waiting time and possibility of matching bots to the battle is on the battle loading screen.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,551 posts
20,974 battles

You do realize that the update today is just the preload for 10.6 which comes out next Wednesday right? It has no affect on 10.5 at all.

[DDDDC]
Members
132 posts
1,118 battles
18 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

<snip>

• A visual notification about the maximum waiting time and possibility of matching bots to the battle is on the battle loading screen.

Ya, that's what confused me.   I was seeing that 3 min. max notification for the past 200 games, so when I advanced out of that protected status, it caught me by surprise.  Here's what it looks like for a new player...

queue.jpg

Members
3,062 posts
25,648 battles
1 hour ago, Done_Dirt_Cheap said:

Ya, that's what confused me.   I was seeing that 3 min. max notification for the past 200 games, so when I advanced out of that protected status, it caught me by surprise.  Here's what it looks like for a new player...

queue.jpg

So how general queue works is that the queue will give you 3 minutes to find your opitmal match (for example 12v12, all same tier, 1 cv etc). After the 3 minute mark some restrictions are eased, uptiering/downtiering is allowed, multipul cv's will be allowed.

But once you hit 5 minutes this is where it gets funky. If you are tiers 1-5 all vacant spots will be filled with bots, 3 cv ges become possible.

And if you hit 5 minutes when tier 6-10 it doesnt fill the vacant spots with bots, so you can get battles that arnt 12v12, this typically only happens though if it was the cv that went over but still very possible to get 1v1 games.

In short: queue timers are quite interesting to break.

unknown-13.png

[FRFR]
Members
1,675 posts
On 7/9/2021 at 2:19 PM, Done_Dirt_Cheap said:

Back then, you never saw a bot outside of tier I .. sometimes tier II.    So it was a shock for me to go all the way to tier IV playing mostly bots.

Not loving the MM though.  Especially the 4 CV's in matches I get with my Tier III's that have absolutely no AA.

The CVs are a big reason why there are so many bots in the low tiers. Nobody wants to play against all those CVs with ships that don’t have AA.