Sign in to follow this  
Mademoisail

ST, 0.10.6, Changes to Test Ships

9 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,701 posts
26,569 battles

A De Zeven Provincien ROF buff is quite welcome. Too bad it's still slower than its historical ROF.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,003 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

A De Zeven Provincien ROF buff is quite welcome. Too bad it's still slower than its historical ROF.

Yeah... I'm guessing none of the Dutch ships will ever see the standard parameters they should have due to the Airstrike requiring some sort of "balancing" factors.

Shame as long as you're been waiting for them to arrive they will never be the true battlers that they were famous for but instead have that gimmick of all the gimmicks they could have used for them.

Puts you in a catch 22...you gotta have them because you fougto so hard to get them introduced...but they're being treated like the naval personnel on board are inadequate & require the Air Force (sorry... don't know the Dutch equivalent so going w/the US terminology I do know) to cover their inadequacies.

Don't think I like the 65 second reload on the airstrike for the T8... going by the chat in the forums I thought they were supposed to have around 2 minute reloads not 1 minute.

Maybe they can get persuaded to increase the reload time of the airstrikes & buff the guns up to where they're moe realistic & airstrikes are actually just a 2ndary armament & not available so often that the guns can just be considered an afterthought.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,701 posts
26,569 battles
7 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

but they're being treated like the naval personnel on board are inadequate & require the Air Force (sorry... don't know the Dutch equivalent so going w/the US terminology I do know) to cover their inadequacies.

• Dutch Navy = Koninklijke Marine (Royal Navy)
  • Dutch Airforce = Koninklijke Luchtmacht (Royal Airforce)
  • And ofcourse Dutch Army = Koninklijke Landmacht (Royal Land force / groundforce)
7 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Yeah... I'm guessing none of the Dutch ships will ever see the standard parameters they should have due to the Airstrike requiring some sort of "balancing" factors.

Shame as long as you're been waiting for them to arrive they will never be the true battlers that they were famous for but instead have that gimmick of all the gimmicks they could have used for them.

Puts you in a catch 22... <Snip>

Well, you're not wrong. I'm happy they're coming and will grind them and yeet money at WG for De Zeven Provincien, but under protest - it sucks that the whole Yukon debacle happened right on the eve of this line landing. Without the NLCA line coming I would've easily closed my wallet at least for a while. Also, I'd much rather have them be pure surface fighters, gun cruisers, and balanced around that.

Ah well, een gegeven paard moet je niet in de mond kijken.

Edited by Lert

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,003 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:
  • Ah well, een gegeven paard moet je niet in de mond kijken.

C'mon... I'm on my phone...I can't remember all of that to type it into Google translate...

& it only takes 1 wrong letter to change something that (for example) should have said...

"I'd rather be beaten & tortured than sodemized" into...

"I'd rather be beaten & tortured then sodemized".

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Funny 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,701 posts
26,569 battles
2 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

C'mon... I'm on my phone...I can't remember all of that to type it into Google translate...

Shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. :) It's one of the few idioms that exist both in English and Dutch as direct translations that mean the same thing.

• Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,003 battles
11 minutes ago, Lert said:

Shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. :) It's one of the few idioms that exist both in English and Dutch as direct translations that mean the same thing.

Wow... I'm slow...

I didn't realize the 1st sentence there was the translation...so I wrote it all out & typed it in to google to try to discover what this great gift you were talking about was...

Doh 😣

[BONKY]
Members
2,274 posts
26,706 battles

Leeuw: Not really sure if buffs to reload, airstrike, and AP pen are needed

Johan: Still not sure if that's needed

D7P: loss of superheal, an airstrike buff and half a second of reload. Unless her Airstrike is absolutely busted, a reload closer to 5sec might be needed.

Congress: congrats, you now have a T8.5 ship at T8.

Ragnar: Expected the reload buff (now around Grozovoi/Gearing with 30mm HE pen) everything else wth?

Soviet CVs: oh wow, CVs designed for getting of one strike capable of nuking any ship out of existence are losing some of their alpha strike. Still doesn't help that the way AA works means they will always get that strike off unless the captain is a complete moron.

[ENDO]
Members
353 posts
8,272 battles

Sad they are pulling super heal off D7P. Hope they improve her main battery more. Unsure if buffing the airstrike really brings value to the ship.