Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Blorgh2017

Weimar in PVE

25 comments in this topic

[WOLF8]
Members
9,253 posts
7,537 battles

Has anybody tried Weimar in Coop, and also in the Operation Narai, yet? How does she perform, especially when compared to Munchen, the other forgotten(kek :Smile_trollface:) Tier VII Premium German CL? :fish_book:

I'm currently at work, and I won't be home till very late because of a lot of overtime today, but I was still curious... lol. :Smile_hiding:

I really like Munchen, because she's so fast and nimble (almost like an oversized DD with a citadel), with a decent concealment, and floaty shells that allow island-camping playstyle, if needed.

On the other hand, I heard that Weimar has less range, worse mobility, and not as good concealment? Well, she has whooping four more guns, plus the Spotter Plane and the Speed Boost. IMHO, the latter consumable was a bit of a surprise to me. It feels like an odd choice of a consumable to give to her... but I haven't played her yet, so I guess I can't really say much until I do.  Still, those extra guns should count for something, right? Maybe? LEL. :Smile_hiding:

Thanks in advance... lul. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Blorgh2017

[CO-OP]
Members
5,196 posts
43,257 battles

In the same situation as you @Blorgh2017On paper it looks like she should be better than München.  In ops she should do fine, probably not as good as Atlanta/Flint or Fiji, but should be able to do extremely well (might even be able to exploit the speed boost to get to the transports before anyone else.)  In co-op she should be a terror to rival most DDs for top honors.

[HOP4S]
Members
6,983 posts
35,369 battles

Here's my first COOP battle.  Handles a lot like the Nurnberg.  Isn't bad.  A lot of guns that are just like the Nurnberg.  Som for me, a tier 7 Nurnberg.

GermanCL.thumb.jpg.632e4b11fa477f9809f058fe31b467ea.jpg

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,665 posts
12,559 battles
2 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

In the same situation as you @Blorgh2017On paper it looks like she should be better than München.  In ops she should do fine, probably not as good as Atlanta/Flint or Fiji, but should be able to do extremely well (might even be able to exploit the speed boost to get to the transports before anyone else.)  In co-op she should be a terror to rival most DDs for top honors.

Using Weimar for transports route is a complete waste of potential.

You need to go to the CV route to make full use of Weimar

[HOP4S]
Members
6,983 posts
35,369 battles
3 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

The Weimar can do either sub-mission without any real difficulty.  I've taken the Muchen out several dozen times and it hasn't failed me yet.....  The Fiji is king of the Cruisers.  Atlanta/Flint are monsters as well.  Weimar will be the same.  It's Tier 6 sister, the Nurnberg, is the optimal Cruiser for most OP at the level.  Macht Nichts............

[HOP4S]
Members
6,983 posts
35,369 battles

Here's a Narai.  Was Second on team score.

shot-21_07.09_17_02.32-0224.thumb.jpg.6705ae6c6765f2031a6489c1d597f23c.jpg

I took the Carrier side.  No problems (other than other players not knowing what they were doing....  Could have be a lot higher if the others played the roles they took and stopped stealing kills across the map.....!

Anyway, this is a Narai go-to ship.

[CVA16]
Members
8,869 posts
27,039 battles
33 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Using Weimar for transports route is a complete waste of potential.

Of course some players don't care if their ship is optimal for various missions. DDs or BBs will try to solo the transports, Purple players can pull it off but the unwashed masses can fail.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,105 posts
30,874 battles

I haven't looked at her stats, nor followed her development until just now.

Munchen, Yorck, Weimar fitting tool links for fun.

I'm very surprised with how bad her gun range is, 14km is damn short for a Tier VII Cruiser that doesn't have Smoke.  Yeah she has Spotting Aircraft but that's a temporary fix.  "Bad Gun Range" is a quality that German Cruisers avoid, except Weimar.

I'm wagering however, the limited range is less an issue for Co-Op, and even smaller one for Narai.  But for PVP, I'd be very concerned about taking a 14km gun range Tier VII CL.  This thing will encounter some nasty Tier VIII-IX threats in Random Battles.  14km gun range is putting your **** out on the chopping block.

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
646 posts
45 minutes ago, Aporthos said:

First Weimar Narai 600k+ damage game.

image.thumb.png.07526381cfeea60005afba8c6dcd9885.png

Mind posting a replay of this?

[WOLF8]
Members
9,253 posts
7,537 battles

Well, I just managed to play one Coop game in Weimar. It went pretty well, though nothing spectacular.

Just as I expected, she's a baby Mainz... and a baby-baby Hindenburg, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

She pretty much has the same playstyle... lel. :Smile_hiding:

If it weren't for the Spotter Plane and the Speed Boost, I think she might have been a little painful to play. No doubt, those consumable are band aid solutions to her weaknesses... but they're still handy and useful, nonetheless. :fish_book:

Personally though, I think I prefer Munchen a little more. TBH, Weimar just feels... a little bit redundant, so to speak, since we already have Mainz. I mean, in all practical sense, I say Weimar is just a "Mainz Lite," who got her stats shaved to be placed at one tier lower... and then given few consumables to partially make up for it. Why though? Why? :Smile_amazed:

Munchen feels a little more special, since she's nothing like the other German cruisers. Even without having a Speed Boost, she's still fast (gobba go fast), nimble, and funnily has shells that are floaty-enough to play like the USN cruisers, if she wants too. :cap_cool:

That's just me though. Weimar still feels like a GUDBOTE in my book... at least for the PvE, lul. :Smile_hiding:

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,105 posts
30,874 battles
2 hours ago, aardvark7734 said:

That's astounding but I bet the rest of your team hates your guts. :)

Nah, people aren't like that in Ops.  Do a good show in front of your teammates in Narai and you'll get kudos.

• Cool 1

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
646 posts
5 hours ago, Aporthos said:

New Narai 651k Damage Record

image.thumb.png.11226ce25d01ca694fc97f75f45004d4.png

image.thumb.png.e796a20b57df7cbecbcc9afb933223a6.png

Again, Mind sharing the replay? Or is this a trade secret...?

[H_]
Members
993 posts
16,668 battles
On 7/10/2021 at 6:24 PM, Aporthos said:

ok, i'm suitably impressed.. can't say i've been in any Nari game that i've seen this kind of performance,  my personal best is low 400's.. and that was because the othe players were just not aggressive.. This above? did the others just let you farm everything? LOL..  and i'm sure at the end of the game there were some frustratred team mates.. LOL..  

[CO-OP]
Members
3,726 posts
37,437 battles
On 7/10/2021 at 6:24 PM, Aporthos said:

@Aporthos you should send the replay to Jingles with the Stats screens.

[USCC]
Members
3,907 posts
19,236 battles
On 7/10/2021 at 11:26 PM, xamdam said:

Again, Mind sharing the replay? Or is this a trade secret...?

Looking at the rest of the team scores, were they even playing?, or just supporting,
Great game never the less, but ya gotta wonder what the other guys were doing!

[CO-OP]
Members
3,726 posts
37,437 battles

tcfreer's review of Weimar and a Narai run.

[WOLF7]
Members
1,378 posts

Is it just me, or does Weimar seem basically to be a premium Yorck? Or maybe "Yorck meets Muenchen"? How similar is it to Yorck and/or Muenchen? Is it worth the asking price?

Edited by HamAndCheez

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,105 posts
30,874 battles
3 hours ago, HamAndCheez said:

Is it just me, or does Weimar seem basically to be a premium Yorck? Or maybe "Yorck meets Muenchen"? How similar is it to Yorck and/or Muenchen? Is it worth the asking price?

I don't have the ship, but from what I understand she's heavily based on the Yorck hull, just given 150mm guns and some armor tweaks.  Even the wiki description for Weimar mentions she's a variation of Yorck.

It sounds similar to how Mainz is Hipper-class hull but with some tweaks, namely in main battery going from 203mm -> 150mm guns.

CA Yorck and CL Weimar

Yorck_wows_main.jpgWeimar_wows_main.jpg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
9,253 posts
7,537 battles
On 8/2/2021 at 9:41 AM, HamAndCheez said:

Pretty much, yeah; Weimar is to Yorck, as Mainz is to Hipper. Weimar is practically a mini-me version of Mainz ar Tier VII, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

Though Munchen doesn't have anything to do with any of them. She's a slightly different beast.

I personally say Munchen is more fun, overall. Weimar is pretty good too, but only when her speed boost and/or spotter plane consumables are active. Once those run out of steam, the Weimar herself feels like she ran out of steam... lel. :Smile_trollface:

And Munchen can lob shells over islands, should you want/need to. And she's quite fast herself, even without the speed boost. But Weimar beats her in torpedo punches.

I say Weimar is definitely worth the price... but I'm a German ship lover in this game, so please take my words with a grain of salt, lul. :Smile_hiding:

If you can get only one of them. then... I recommend flipping a coin, or something, lal. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,105 posts
30,874 battles

I have long said Munchen is a better USN CL than most USN CLs in the game.  She even makes the function of Atlanta, outside of Radar, obsolete.

[USCC]
Members
3,907 posts
19,236 battles

Just over 100 matches in my Weimar, 88k average damage 2.42 frags.
I generally don't play tier VII all that much, but I love the KM cruisers and of course my GK, so I make exceptions lol

I've had huge games in Weimar, nearing 200k and some that left me mid pack at the end as the dd's gobbled up everything lol,
the ship really excels in early attack.
I use the speedboost right at the start and head as far away from the pack as I can looking for those fat BB's in the back

Along the way you have to gun down a dd or two, but with really fast reloading torps, I use them more than anything at times.
overall, Weimar is a solid ship and honestly, I rather play it when I'm uptiered, it's just that good.
Money well spent.  WeeGee got this one right.

• Cool 2