You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

World of Warships Music now Available for Streaming

13 comments in this topic

[TSF]
Members
924 posts
21,879 battles

Sooo.. let me make sure I understand this.

WG announces that players will no longer be able to use their own music, because of technical support reasons. 

Then, one week later, WGing announces what appears to be some sort of collaboration with music streaming services to stream WGings own music?

Seriously, you can't make this stuff up. 

Just how out of touch with the playerbase can WGing actually get?

What's next? Wging branded bottled water? Bottled at Chernobyl?

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[ALLY]
[ALLY]
Members
37 posts
41,080 battles

CHEVLLE Face to the Floor any  of  my  Pandora channels & just  mute  all WG music  in port  & battle.

[REQ]
[REQ]
Members
51 posts
14,604 battles

I just tried listening to this music stream, and it requires a paid subscription to every option I tried.

• Cool 2

[O-M-G]
[O-M-G]
Members
5 posts
6,244 battles

The announcement page says "but it's now available for content creation". What are the restrictions on that? Only for WoWS related stuff? Is the music now copyright free and usable for other projects like YouTube channels? A link to the restrictions would be really nice.

[GROVR]
Members
232 posts
15,456 battles

come on. are you really surprised?

i've stopped playing because the game is now stupid.

however.....the forums have become what the game once was.......fun. :D :D

i love coming in here and reading the rants. you know as well as i do that weegee doesn't care. they are an app developer that people took a bit too seriously and now they have a big head thinking they have created something that everyone needs.

oh....you can't make this rubbish up. :D :D 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,856 posts
12,319 battles

Ferengi Rules of Acquisition have been read and applied Komrade! 

The bigger the smile the sharper the knife! :D 

• Funny 1

[MRCS]
Members
136 posts
7,425 battles

My top five are 15, 17, 19, 40 and 49.

40(Benefactor) always makes me want to log off and watch Blade Runner.:Smile_popcorn:

[HOPAS]
Members
57 posts
19,751 battles

Wargaming removed players ability to listen to their own music because apparently not many people did. Ok, they didn't want to have to provide technical support to this ''little used function''. But ''coincidentally'', a few days later they announce a collaborative enterprise with major music streamers, some that require subscription services. They basically wanted User upload music removed so they could commence collaborations with Pandora, Spotify, itunes, Amazon music. Is their first recourse to any event or announcement a blatant lie? They could have easily been upfront and honest on this one.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[PQUOD]
Members
44 posts

EZ.  In American we have freedom of speech so here i go:
Just Download Audicty and rip it ( https://www.audacityteam.org/ ).  Soundtrack isn't that good anyway. Soon it will be on youtube. In that case Download 4K downloader an rip it off  youtube as a mp3 or video file. .https://www.4kdownload.com/products/videodownloader/3

Edited by harneyempire2
  • Cool 1

Members
147 posts
1,961 battles

WG announces that players will no longer be able to use their own music, because of technical support reasons.

Wargaming removed players ability to listen to their own music because apparently not many people did

I mean, they actively changed the feature a couple of times to make it worse and more annoying to use. So, it wasn't technical support reasons - they were clearly willing to invest their time into altering the feature. The final straw was when they edited it so that after every update, their own audio files would be added in, and you'd suddenly find yourself listening to their stuff instead of your own playlist unless you closed the game, manually edited the folder, and then started it again.  If not many people used the feature, then that was primarily because the devs wanted it that way.

Edited by VictoryInThePacific
  • Cool 1