Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snoopys_Odyssey

Finally! Got Past That Awful Kansas

24 comments in this topic

[WHIPI]
Members
1,604 posts
18,727 battles

I don't know if it was worth the grind (on second thought it wasn't), but I finally got past the cupcake shooting Kansas and obtained the Minnesota.  I noticed the difference in her guns right away.....they hit hard, all twelve of them.  Dispersion is still bad, but still worthy of the 40 second reloads as 30 second reloads would be OP.  I am now enjoying grinding to the Vermont via ranked battles.....I highly recommend FXPing past that Kansas and her cupcake shooting guns.  

Now if WG would only buff the cupcake shooting guns of the Kansas AND the Constellation......

[WHIPI]
Members
1,604 posts
18,727 battles
4 minutes ago, Laser_Beam said:

You should have gone Russian BB    :Smile_trollface:

Arrrggghhh, I just quivered, and the vein in my forehead is throbbing.....

• Funny 1

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles

Cupcake shooting?ill agree the Kansas suffers from really bad accuracy, and Constellation from its bad angles, but the guns hit like trucks.

Constellations speed is love. 

Members
1,004 posts
8,620 battles

Not a fan of the entire line.  Guns get better but that is more than outweighed by the increase in map size.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,082 posts
29,342 battles

I will give him this - getting Minnesota was very definitely a step up; the gunnery felt so much better (it helped that you gain access to APR Mod 2 at that point). That being said, when I made my step up, it was before KS had received a couple of sigma buffs.

[WHIPI]
Members
1,604 posts
18,727 battles
5 hours ago, LitanyPurgatus said:

Both use the same 16"/45 guns.  The Minnesota's shells are slightly heavier, though.

The Minnesota uses the same shells that are used on the Iowa (except for the "mod 1" designation.  whatever that entails, WG never says).  The Kansas uses the same shell as the T7 Colorado.....big difference.

Members
64 posts
5,735 battles
31 minutes ago, db4100 said:

The Minnesota uses the same shells that are used on the Iowa (except for the "mod 1" designation.  whatever that entails, WG never says).  The Kansas uses the same shell as the T7 Colorado.....big difference.

AP shell weights of various American BBs, according to the wiki:

Kansas: 920kg

Colorado: 1016kg

Minnesota: 1100kg

North Carolina and Iowa: 1225kg

[REVEN]
Members
610 posts

lol, Minnesota is not that much better. This US BB line is trash

• Thanks 1

[WHIPI]
Members
1,604 posts
18,727 battles
27 minutes ago, LitanyPurgatus said:

AP shell weights of various American BBs, according to the wiki:

Kansas: 920kg

Colorado: 1016kg

Minnesota: 1100kg

North Carolina and Iowa: 1225kg

Kansas has lighter shells than the Colorado.......well, that explains why the Kansas shoots cupcakes

[-N-]
Beta Testers
270 posts
9,580 battles
13 hours ago, db4100 said:

I don't know if it was worth the grind (on second thought it wasn't), but I finally got past the cupcake shooting Kansas and obtained the Minnesota.  I noticed the difference in her guns right away.....they hit hard, all twelve of them.  Dispersion is still bad, but still worthy of the 40 second reloads as 30 second reloads would be OP.  I am now enjoying grinding to the Vermont via ranked battles.....I highly recommend FXPing past that Kansas and her cupcake shooting guns.  

Now if WG would only buff the cupcake shooting guns of the Kansas AND the Constellation......

humm the fact u were praising minnesota was a red flag, and when you said you are playing her in ranked i laughed so hard lol.

you clearly have no idea what you are doing.

• Boring 1

[CAAT]
Members
6,270 posts
8,033 battles
13 hours ago, db4100 said:

Yeah, Minnesota is DEFINITELY better than Kansas. You have 1.8 sigma, which is a bit better, you CAN potentially drop your reload to 35.2s IF you take Main Bat Mod 3 (although a lot of people will take the Dispersion mod for obvious reasons), her armor is better, and for me, she looks better XD

Oh, and her AP shells aren't as gimped as Kansas. At least Minnesota gets the Colorado shells. Kansas has damage values closer to 15in guns....

Beta Testers
1,255 posts
17,518 battles

Just stop, the line does not get any better. I went up to the Vermont and it is now rusting in port and will hopefully sink one day.

• Cool 2

[WHIPI]
Members
1,604 posts
18,727 battles
5 hours ago, reza577 said:

humm the fact u were praising minnesota was a red flag, and when you said you are playing her in ranked i laughed so hard lol.

you clearly have no idea what you are doing.

I do good with her in ranked.  Her guns will punish.....

Minnesota only struggles when confronting DDs, but that is how the game is designed.  

[-N-]
Beta Testers
270 posts
9,580 battles
1 hour ago, db4100 said:

I do good with her in ranked.  Her guns will punish.....

Minnesota only struggles when confronting DDs, but that is how the game is designed.  

That line was designed with deadeye talent in mind. Deadeye got removed but WG never buffed the line to compensate for it.

[WHIPI]
Members
1,604 posts
18,727 battles
3 hours ago, reza577 said:

That line was designed with deadeye talent in mind. Deadeye got removed but WG never buffed the line to compensate for it.

sad

[ARR0W]
Members
6,149 posts
32,910 battles

I liked Kansas, still play it occasionally.