Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BillT

Naval Battles and COOP

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

271
[TYPH]
Beta Testers
237 posts
12,062 battles

Naval Battles has three competition modes that I've seen:
 - Base XP, where the first tier is easily attainable in COOP, but the second tier jumps to 800+ BXP which very hard to achieve in PVE.   So this mode strongly favors PVE players/clans.

 - Damage Done.  This mode is equally accessible to PVE players.  Possibly even favors them slightly, I'm not sure.

 - Ribbons earned:  This mode is equally accessible to PVE players.  Possibly even favors them slightly, I'm not sure.

 

Ah, but there's a catch.  For the last four weeks Wargaming has used only BXP.  So Naval Battles has been a big middle finger to PVE players/clans.   Now, my question to WG: Is that an intentional "FU" to us all, or are you just not thinking?  Could you please go back to mixing up the battle modes again?  I don't mind being unable to compete one week in three, but when it's every week I feel insulted.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
143 posts
148 battles
5 hours ago, BillT said:

For the last four weeks Wargaming has used only BXP. 

that's not true. This week and last week was BaseXP, but the week before was about ribbons.

5 hours ago, BillT said:

Could you please go back to mixing up the battle modes again?

since the introduction of Naval battles BaseXP was the most common mode, in 124 rounds of naval battles we had only 18x Ribbons and 30x damage...

Edited by Klopirat_oops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
296
[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
841 posts

Naval Battles is a competitive game mode.  Co-op, not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,229
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,422 posts
15,698 battles
5 hours ago, BillT said:

Naval Battles has three competition modes that I've seen:
 - Base XP, where the first tier is easily attainable in COOP, but the second tier jumps to 800+ BXP which very hard to achieve in PVE.   So this mode strongly favors PVE players/clans.

 - Damage Done.  This mode is equally accessible to PVE players.  Possibly even favors them slightly, I'm not sure.

 - Ribbons earned:  This mode is equally accessible to PVE players.  Possibly even favors them slightly, I'm not sure.

 

Ah, but there's a catch.  For the last four weeks Wargaming has used only BXP.  So Naval Battles has been a big middle finger to PVE players/clans.   Now, my question to WG: Is that an intentional "FU" to us all, or are you just not thinking?  Could you please go back to mixing up the battle modes again?  I don't mind being unable to compete one week in three, but when it's every week I feel insulted.

It hasn’t been 4 week it’s been one .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
271
[TYPH]
Beta Testers
237 posts
12,062 battles
13 hours ago, Viper069 said:

Naval Battles is a competitive game mode.  Co-op, not so much.

Naval Battles is not very competitive -- not compared to random battles or Clan Battles.  And the point of Naval Battles seems to be to strengthen clans by improving their bases, and PVE players want base bonuses, too.  And WG intentionally made it possible for PVE players to do Naval Battles.

It comes down to this: a lot of people prefer PVE, and WG probably wants us to keep playing and spending money.  So they shouldn't needlessly exclude us from things like Naval Battles -- not when that's easily solved by changing the frequency of these three modes for the game.  As I said at the start, I'm OK with the BXP battle mode which gives PVE clans an advantage, I just don't see why it has to be that mode 75% of the time.  And I don't see why they need to set targets at 300 BXP, then jump to 1050 (which is nearly impossible for PVE), instead of leaving a couple of PVE-attainable targets in the 400-600 range.   That would still leave PVP clans with a big advantage, but at least PVE players would feel included.  Our money's green, too.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[HI-CS]
Members
44 posts
14,948 battles
On 7/9/2021 at 2:24 AM, BillT said:

Naval Battles has three competition modes that I've seen:
 - Base XP, where the first tier is easily attainable in COOP, but the second tier jumps to 800+ BXP which very hard to achieve in PVE.   So this mode strongly favors PVE players/clans.

 - Damage Done.  This mode is equally accessible to PVE players.  Possibly even favors them slightly, I'm not sure.

 - Ribbons earned:  This mode is equally accessible to PVE players.  Possibly even favors them slightly, I'm not sure.

 

Ah, but there's a catch.  For the last four weeks Wargaming has used only BXP.  So Naval Battles has been a big middle finger to PVE players/clans.   Now, my question to WG: Is that an intentional "FU" to us all, or are you just not thinking?  Could you please go back to mixing up the battle modes again?  I don't mind being unable to compete one week in three, but when it's every week I feel insulted.

With XP, on one hand, it's a good way to play and get used to it; on the other hand, it seems many players are throttled by modifiers that puts players in losing battles time and time again, one right after the other in Random and Ranked ... so the problem compounds by 1 not used to Random or Ranked battles, and 2 WoWs ridiculous modifiers that from time to time really screw over players.  It's a very poor balance and NO, WG obviously did NOT think this through, or is preserving good team combinations deliberately for players who just happen to kiss their backsides week after week.

But you can definitely get more ribbons in coop most of the time, and damage done, while coop is less time in play, is better farmed over a short period of time in coop too.  But that's not a signal for WoWs to suddenly soup up the bots either!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,374
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

I started NB's just a few months ago, we had a couple weeks of ribbons, then a couple of damage, then basexp.. i was able to manage the 300's for the most part, thinkI managed 9 of 10...  but decided I wouldn't bother again (primarily pve)

it seems since then there was alot of basexp, and even adjustments but all that did was stop me bothering altogether...  i've pretty much stopped playing wows now, login for the daily reward and that's about it...  i have started playing f2p in legends tho...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
229
[PHLNX]
Members
557 posts
14,664 battles

Base XP is far and above the most common mode for Naval Battles, and it's not my favorite. BXP depends so much on the luck of a good team draw winning the battle. I've been top 3 of a losing team many times and came up short of the bar. You have to do Randoms or Ranked to get 800+ BXP. The other modes,  ribbons and damage,  are fun and doable in Co-op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
271
[TYPH]
Beta Testers
237 posts
12,062 battles

" Now, my question to WG: Is that an intentional "FU" to us all, or are you just not thinking?"

This week it's BXP again.  That's four weeks out of five.  And as a kicker,, the minimum is 400. 

So I think I have my answer.  It's a gratuitous middle finger to PVP  PVE players.

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,374
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
3 hours ago, BillT said:

" Now, my question to WG: Is that an intentional "FU" to us all, or are you just not thinking?"

This week it's BXP again.  That's four weeks out of five.  And as a kicker,, the minimum is 400. 

So I think I have my answer.  It's a gratuitous middle finger to PVP players.

eh? to pvp players?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
72
[WARHK]
[WARHK]
Members
146 posts
7,584 battles

Keeping players happy is not WG strong suit. The NA player base is dwindling every year.  I've spent THOUSANDS 2+ years ago between my kids and I cause we really enjoyed the beautifully rendered ships and gameplay.

2+ years later that is all that is left: Nice art! (Kudos to the art team!)  The gameplay is FAR from realistic or even balanced.  Perhaps a SIMULATION battle mode is needed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
271
[TYPH]
Beta Testers
237 posts
12,062 battles
19 hours ago, SKurj said:

eh? to pvp players?  

Oops.  Thanks for the correctiion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
681
[SOCOM]
[SOCOM]
Members
910 posts
32,076 battles
On 7/16/2021 at 6:57 AM, XturbohawkX said:

Keeping players happy is not WG strong suit. The NA player base is dwindling every year.  I've spent THOUSANDS 2+ years ago between my kids and I cause we really enjoyed the beautifully rendered ships and gameplay.

2+ years later that is all that is left: Nice art! (Kudos to the art team!)  The gameplay is FAR from realistic or even balanced.  Perhaps a SIMULATION battle mode is needed?

I totally agree with you. Any  thing but damage and ribbons,  pretty much puts it into PVP  except maybe BXP starting at 300 but the next bars are PVP play. Such is life from  Animal Farm Gaming .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×