Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RainbowFartingUnicorn

Anybody get a couple random supercontainers?

42 comments in this topic

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles

I just got a couple random supercontainers, one with 15k coal and one with 50 Dragon signals. They weren't from my daily crates. I know there were two supercontainers for the Wounded Warrior Project donor campaign, but I figure that's not over yet, plus there would have been 2,500 doubloons with it. 

Was there some event or something giving them out?

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts

I'm not aware of any event awarding super containers.  Are you doing Halsey or Yamamoto campaign, they award 2 super containers per stage.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,986 posts
5,224 battles

I got 2500 Dubs and 2 SCs (paint and rags) from somewhere. 

Did you contribute to Wounded Warriors?

[ABCD3]
Members
569 posts
22,709 battles

Did not get any yet.   Donated to the WW on the second round of training.   Connection just got disconnected right now.

[IND6]
Members
104 posts
8,527 battles

Several people in my clan said they their Wounded Warrior SCs/dubs today, but I haven't yet.  The donations are open through Aug 8th; odd that some people are already getting them.

In this case, though, it's probably the Yamamoto or Halsey campaign rewards...

[BB-57]
Members
201 posts
23,403 battles

I always choose the resource container and figured I bumped the bottom button by mistake, 3 total over 7 days which is very rare.

[WHIPI]
Members
1,603 posts
18,719 battles

576885662_clancrates.thumb.jpg.84d1310560c746f814f236e2f845c3bb.jpg

4 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I just got a couple random supercontainers, one with 15k coal and one with 50 Dragon signals. They weren't from my daily crates. I know there were two supercontainers for the Wounded Warrior Project donor campaign, but I figure that's not over yet, plus there would have been 2,500 doubloons with it. 

Your clan can purchase super containers for their members using oil.  I think is only a couple of times year clans can do this.  You can ask your clan leaders if they did that.

Edited by db4100
added screen shot

[WOLF5]
Members
2,443 posts
17,255 battles

I got two "random" SCs yesterday afternoon. One was 50 Hydra (Hail Hydra...) signals and 1,000 doubloons. I believe that these were from the Wounded Warrior project to which I donated.

[MI-BR]
Members
265 posts
4,900 battles

I got 7 days free premium and 50,000 free xp out of nowhere. Assume it was the Wounded Warrior project but I thought it was supposed to be doubloons?

Edited by palestreamer

[ENL]
[ENL]
Members
30 posts
30,641 battles

I also got 2 super containers yesterday but no doubloons or camoflagess which were also supposed to be awarded from the Wounded Warriors donations.

[UNCLN]
Members
424 posts
19,357 battles

Do they started giving Wounded Warrior stuff now? There should be 5 Mosaic camo, 2500 dub and 2 SC. 

Milestone prize should be given to everybody right, no matter when people decided to donate after reaching the milestone or not?

[P2W]
Beta Testers
265 posts
17,770 battles

I got another chat ban and my no detonations signals were removed

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
4 minutes ago, jbc98k said:

I got another chat ban and my no detonations signals were removed

Well the chat ban bit is all.you :P

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
1,498 posts
8,467 battles

WW Project thing goes til August, doesn't it? I didn't think they were going to distribute til it ended. They have even added some more milestones. I did get two SC's yesterday but not the 2500 dubs or 5 mosaic camos. 

Members
15 posts
7 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

nah dude... but i sure netted 21 premium days total

[4_0_4]
Members
334 posts
2,244 battles

I got 1500 steel and 1000 doubloons, I thought it might be some kind of additional Anniversary thing, since I just hit 1 year, but I guess not.  Didn’t get any of the other wounded warrior stuff, though, so didn’t think it was that.

0 posts
5 hours ago, Hielor said:

Several people in my clan said they their Wounded Warrior SCs/dubs today, but I haven't yet.  The donations are open through Aug 8th; odd that some people are already getting them.

Yeah, I donated and haven't seen anything from it which honestly is no big deal. I gave the money freely to WW

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
9 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

I'm not aware of any event awarding super containers.  Are you doing Halsey or Yamamoto campaign, they award 2 super containers per stage.

I've had the Halsey and Yamamato campaigns done for some time, plus they also appeared when I was logged off, because they weren't there when I stopped playing Thursday afternoon but suddenly appeared Thursday night when I logged back on.

8 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I got 2500 Dubs and 2 SCs (paint and rags) from somewhere. 

I did, but I did not get 2,500 doubloons or any camos.

5 hours ago, Hielor said:

I also figured the Wounded Warrior donation campaign wouldn't give out community rewards until it ended.

5 hours ago, db4100 said:

576885662_clancrates.thumb.jpg.84d1310560c746f814f236e2f845c3bb.jpg

Your clan can purchase super containers for their members using oil.  I think is only a couple of times year clans can do this.  You can ask your clan leaders if they did that.

I am one of my clan leaders and we have a pretty dead clan, we don't have that ability unlocked yet.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
550 posts
6,157 battles

so I got my 2500 doubloons and 2 super containers which got me 100x equal speed charlie london flags & 100x India X Ray flags so I can at least confirm these are the rewards from the wounded warriors project. 

2Untitled.jpg.131fd0a8375086e5cd0adfbe81ba2f8a.jpg

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
71 posts
17,174 battles

I also received the two supercontainers, plus the 5 mosaic camos and the 2,500 doubloons, and I had previously donated to the Wounded Warrior project before the first milestone was met.  I believe you would only receive donation rewards if you donated before the corresponding milestone was met; this might explain why some players are receiving the supercontainers, but not the earlier doubloon or mosaic camo rewards.

• Thanks 1

[4_0_4]
Members
334 posts
2,244 battles
7 minutes ago, AG124 said:

I also received the two supercontainers, plus the 5 mosaic camos and the 2,500 doubloons, and I had previously donated to the Wounded Warrior project before the first milestone was met.  I believe you would only receive donation rewards if you donated before the corresponding milestone was met; this might explain why some players are receiving the supercontainers, but not the earlier doubloon or mosaic camo rewards.

I’m starting to suspect you are correct.  I also don’t think that was explained AT ALL in the news post and that if true, Wargaming has another PR nightmare on its hands.  

If you’re right, then only the people who donated before a certain milestone was met get that milestone.  I donated at ~5100, so I only get Supercontainers. Someone who donated at ~4000 would get the doubloons and super containers, but not camos.  And someone who donated at ~10500 gets... a chance at some free swag from Wounded Warrior.  

Somehow I’m betting there will be a number of unhappy people who are expecting 2500 doubloons and super containers...

[WOLFC]
Members
566 posts
20 minutes ago, rallybackmonkey said:

I’m starting to suspect you are correct.  I also don’t think that was explained AT ALL in the news post and that if true, Wargaming has another PR nightmare on its hands.  

If you’re right, then only the people who donated before a certain milestone was met get that milestone.  I donated at ~5100, so I only get Supercontainers. Someone who donated at ~4000 would get the doubloons and super containers, but not camos.  And someone who donated at ~10500 gets... a chance at some free swag from Wounded Warrior.  

Somehow I’m betting there will be a number of unhappy people who are expecting 2500 doubloons and super containers...

That could very well be the case.

I donated late, and could very well receive nothing if that's the case.

For me, the donation to a good cause is good enough, and if that's how it works, I'm not going to complain.

But I wouldn't doubt there would be people upset about their free stuff if so.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,986 posts
5,224 battles

I missed the first milestone.  I have no complaints at all.

Only wish I cold have donated more.

[TSF]
Members
924 posts
21,849 battles
On 7/8/2021 at 10:28 PM, iDuckman said:

I contributed to Wounded Warriors. I believe I made the contribution before the first milestone was met, but couldn't swear to it.

Nothing new in my account, but the donation went to a good cause. So that's something positive.

That said, if WGing is YET AGAIN, creating another unnecessary PR debacle by being unclear as to how the rewards would be earned through donations, and penalizing players by withholding those rewards that correspond to milestones hit before the individual player's donation was made, that is just scummy, really really scummy.

IF that is what WGing is doing, (and I am not stating that is the case), then frankly, that's one of the worst, scummiest, most underhanded, borderline evil, moves I have seen WG pull yet. 

For clarification, here is the information provided by WG related to the Wounded Warriors donation drive. 

"In the spirit of the Verizon Warrior Series and its commitment to assisting military and veteran charities, we've put together a live fundraiser to benefit Wounded Warrior Project. For each donation milestone we reach, prizes will be distributed to donors."

Donations open: Sun. Jun. 20 2:00 PM PT / your local time: Sun. Jun. 20 2:00 PM
Dontaions Close: Sun. Aug. 08 4:59 PM PT / your local time: Sun. Aug. 08 4:59 PM

Milestone prizes
$1,000 - Swag Package (for 3 random donors) by Wounded Warrior Project
$2,500 - Mosaic Camo x5 (for each donor) by World of Warships
$5,000 - 2500 doubloons (for each donor) by Verizon 
$7,500 - Golden Swag Pack (for 2 random donors) by Wounded Warrior Project
$10,000 - Super Container x2 (for each donor) by World of Warships
To take part, simply leave a donation at the link below:

The language:

"For each donation milestone we reach, prizes will be distributed to donors." 

Seems pretty straight forward. Pretty much every donation drive of this type uses similar language. 

It is reasonable for a player to conclude that if they make a qualifying donation, then "prizes" will be distributed to ALL donors for each milestone hit. 

Only WGing could come up with an alternative interpretation, (if that is what is happening) of:

"IF you donate before a milestone is hit, and IF your donation qualifies, then IF the milestone is hit, you will get the "prize", but only IF you donated BEFORE the milestone was reached."

Note that for WGing to reach the alternate conclusion above, they have to FIRST completely ignore this:

"(for each donor)"

N.B. I am not asserting that WGing is denying "prizes" to donors based on timing of their donation: that remains to be seen.

What I am asserting is that if WG is denying "prizes" based on the timing of donations, I have a MAJOR problem with it. 

Edited by Litigo_1970