Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SteffisCute

I don't think I overreacted

18 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
660 posts

So Bekah and I go to the supermarket for our weekly shopping. We get to my Audi, load it up and I am pulling out of the parking lot when she says "OMG I forgot something important!"

So I pull back in and I am all "I'll wait here!" and she goes inside. Just then I get a text from my Dad.

"Steffanie I am in the emergency room but I am ok I will call you later"

So I am all "DADDY NOOO! YOUR BABY GIRL IS COMING DON'T DIE!!!!!!!!" and I blast out of the parking lot doing like 75 headed back to my hometown. 5 minutes later I get a call from Bekah:

"STEFF WHERE THERE @%%@^ ARE YOU?!?!?"

oops hehe

So I go back, pick up Bekah, and drive away like I am in the Daytona 500. Bekah is all "What the hell is wrong?"

So I say "DAD IS IN THE HOSPITAL HE IS DYING!!!!!" So she starts to panic. I am driving like a lunatic, at one point I hit 100mph....thank God I didn't see any cops.

There is only ONE hospital in my hometown so I know he is there. I barrel in, jump out of my car, get to the emergency room and I yell " DAD WHERE ARE YOU!??!?!"

Yeah Security didn't like that one bit.

So I tell them who I am and that if my dad needs any of my organs they can take Bekah's if she is a match instead. This did not go over well with Bekah. She is all "I need my organs"

OMG whatever.

So they find my dad and I go running to him crying.

he says "Steffanie why are you here? I dropped a 15 pound weight plate on my foot and broke my little toe."

In my defense Bob Marley broke HIS toe and it turned into cancer and killed him so I feel I reacted accordingly.

Bekah was laughing so hard, i didn't find the situation funny at all.

Dad was all "You need to stop over reacting when I get hurt. When I had my root canal you tried cooking for me and almost burnt the house down. And that time I had a UTI you called the Mayo Clinic, and let's not forget the epic 'Dad had a hangnail and Steffanie started researching bionic limbs fiasco."

Ok did I over react? I don't think I did. 

• Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1

[V_V_V]
Members
1,511 posts
20,791 battles
21 minutes ago, SteffisCute said:

21 minutes ago, SteffisCute said:

blast out of the parking lot doing like 75

22 minutes ago, SteffisCute said:

drive away like I am in the Daytona 500.

26 minutes ago, SteffisCute said:

I am driving like a lunatic, at one point I hit 100mph....

23 minutes ago, SteffisCute said:

I barrel in,

24 minutes ago, SteffisCute said:

24 minutes ago, SteffisCute said:

Nice tunnel vision, kid.  Type the fist and last quotes above 100 times and then tell me you didn't over react.  And think of how many others could have joined your Dad in the ER, or worse. 

Of course, hindsight is 20-20.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,991 posts
5,224 battles
39 minutes ago, SteffisCute said:

So I tell them who I am and that if my dad needs any of my organs they can take Bekah's if she is a match instead. This did not go over well with Bekah. She is all "I need my organs"

OMG whatever.

Yeeah.  This is gonna go well.

• Funny 1

[CO-OP]
Members
5,206 posts
43,389 battles

Does your father have any health issues that could result in hospitalization (severe hypertension, heart or lung problems, cancer?)  Has he had a severe medical crisis (e.g. stroke, heart attack, blood clots?)  Is your father active and healthy?  How old is he?

Since he texted you, he probably wasn't in extreme medical need, but does your father have a habit of downplaying these types of things?

[WOLF3]
Members
660 posts
40 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Does your father have any health issues that could result in hospitalization (severe hypertension, heart or lung problems, cancer?)  Has he had a severe medical crisis (e.g. stroke, heart attack, blood clots?)  Is your father active and healthy?  How old is he?

Since he texted you, he probably wasn't in extreme medical need, but does your father have a habit of downplaying these types of things?

No he is pretty healthy and we have really good health insurance. Pretty much everyone in my family lived to their 90's except one cousin who went out in a blaze of glory in a shoot out with some federal agents.

[WOLF3]
Members
660 posts
56 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Yeeah.  This is gonna go well.

Yeah she already was lecturing me on ownership of her organs.  Total drama queen.

• Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
12,068 posts
21,313 battles

Not real good in an emergency situation are ya Steffi? Calm and collected is the better way to go. Your probably stuck like that though, Only The Weather Changes. I also would never go scuba diving with you in shark infested waters, especially if you are carrying a dive knife.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Haha 1

[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,116 battles
35 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Only The Weather Changes.

Change is the only constant...&...in the immortal words of Johnny Carson...

"The more things change...the more they go insane".

3 hours ago, SteffisCute said:

OMG whatever.

That was so good I changed my "Funny" notification to a "Thank You" notification...

Because amateurs borrow & professionals steal...steal from mell you steal twice...

& I'm gonna steal that (names may be changed...to protect the guilty).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,424 posts
15,698 battles
9 hours ago, SteffisCute said:

So I am all "DADDY NOOO! YOUR BABY GIRL IS COMING DON'T DIE!!!!!!!!" and I blast out of the parking lot doing like 75 headed back to my hometown. 5 minutes later I get a call from Bekah:

Forgot something ? I can’t wait till the wedding should be some classics post coming up . Sure beats the WG sucks , CV  suck , new ships suck ,  I’m closing my wallet threads .

Edited by clammboy
  • Thanks 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,802 posts
22,691 battles
10 hours ago, SteffisCute said:

<edited for brevity>

Okay, you asked.  And my answer is:  Yes.  You did.

My Dad died two years ago.  I'm grateful for the time we had on this Earth, and look forward to seeing him again in the afterlife.

I encourage you to make the best of the time you have with your loved ones.

Leaving your fiance'/future-Wife behind?  Let's just say that is a behavior which could be improved upon.

Speeding?  Risking yourself and your beloved in traffic patterns with mostly amateurs?  Getting into a vehicle accident would not have helped the situation, to put it simply.

Organs?  Sounds like the lecture on healthy personal boundaries was totally warranted.

As @HamptonRoads pointed out, the message, and I quote....

... did not indicate a life-threatening emergency, but that they were in a location known as an "emergency room", instead. 
Which is sometimes a first stop in a hospital visit because of a lack of an appointment and the nature of an injury was triaged to place a person in the "emergency room" for the care they need(ed). 
Other locales might triage a person into "Urgent Care", which is less life-threatening than a true "emergency" but involves an injury that one doesn't have an appointment for treatment.

When people are able to communicate, on their own, and hospital staff are not calling you because they're using the I.C.E. number on your Dad's phone, then that is probably a good sign.

The whole situation might be good to look at as a "trial run" or a "test".
No, it wasn't a seriously life-threatening emergency.  That's good.
Yes, how you reacted was not ideal. 
But it is a place to start, for analyzing what could be improved upon and how to handle a real emergency much better in the future.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
660 posts

If they took MY organs I could not take care of Dad. BUT if they took Bekah's organs, I COULD take care of Dad because I would still have all mine.

It makes perfect sense.

• Sad 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,802 posts
22,691 battles
9 minutes ago, SteffisCute said:

If they took MY organs I could not take care of Dad. BUT if they took Bekah's organs, I COULD take care of Dad because I would still have all mine.

It makes perfect sense.

Apparently, the Hospital Staff had more sense than you.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

Usually, a broken toe is no big deal unless it's the big toe, a compound fracture, or there is a circulation problem. Just straighten it out, tape it to the next toe, and use a pair of crutches and a walking cast shoe until it heals, usually in about two months.

It's nice that you want to take care of your Dad but don't get so flustered in a real or perceived emergency that you injure yourself or others trying to rush to his side.

Members
1,244 posts
6,750 battles

Should have found out what was wrong BEFORE you went to the hospital , it would have let you be a lot calmer

[WPORT]
Members
20,802 posts
22,691 battles
On 7/9/2021 at 9:25 PM, SteffisCute said:

I realize that.....now...... 

That's a start.

Sign in to follow this