You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TeutonicKnight

EULA & English

11 comments in this topic

[IRISH]
Members
38 posts
21,717 battles

So this is my question, why does WGing allow players who do NOT understand simple English to play in ranked play? I have no problem with players from China & South America playing, what I do have is frustration over players who don't understand simple commands. Its frustrating because you cannot convey the message to the player... who is unresponsive, and you lose a ranked match because of it. Please Wargaming im asking you if you could create a simple questionnaire in English when a player queue's for ranked that asks simple English instructions and if the player cannot answer the questions, well then they are not allowed in ranked play *until* they understand the questions being asked.

• Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,523 battles

I'm fairly sure English comprehension is not the reason people don't respond or listen in chat. People are either not paying attention to chat at all or just don't care at all about what some random guy is telling them. If you want good team communication go play clan battles with your clan in voice comms.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

Members
6,667 posts

Exactly.  What @AJTP89 said.  Maybe people don't want to bother with 'instructions' from someone that, for all they know is a 40%er with 20K matches.

I'm not saying that the OP is one, but, I'm not going to stop playing the match to look up stats to see if I should listen to 'unknown person trying to tell everyone what to do' either.

Just how it works.

Edited by Kesh_Lives

[USFC]
Members
10 posts
29,755 battles

i understand your frustration, but a player's lack of English skills can just as easily generate a win for you, when that player is on the other team, so a player's lack of English skills is not likely to create a significant net advantage/disadvantage for you.  it's just more visible when that happens on your team.  i get more frustrated when players who have English as a first language can't/don't understand simple questions or concepts during a game, but that also is probably not a significant net advantage/disadvantage to me.

doug

[NMKJT]
Members
4,272 posts
9,133 battles
37 minutes ago, TeutonicKnight said:

So this is my question, why does WGing allow players who do NOT understand simple English to play in ranked play? I have no problem with players from China & South America playing, what I do have is frustration over players who don't understand simple commands. Its frustrating because you cannot convey the message to the player... who is unresponsive, and you lose a ranked match because of it. Please Wargaming im asking you if you could create a simple questionnaire in English when a player queue's for ranked that asks simple English instructions and if the player cannot answer the questions, well then they are not allowed in ranked play *until* they understand the questions being asked.

That will not stop people who deliberately turn their chat off.

[PUMA]
Members
1,319 posts
12,503 battles
1 hour ago, TeutonicKnight said:

By your theory there should be 2 valid languages on the NA server. English and French.

Parles-tu francais?

[SALVO]
Members
16,358 posts
10,152 battles

Hey, just had a Ranked match with you.

Imagine you play in EU, that would be awesome for you.

I was gonna say something nasty  but my head hurts, this just isn't worth it.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,358 posts
10,152 battles
1 minute ago, freggo said:

By your theory there should be 2 valid languages on the NA server. English and French.

Parles-tu francais?

and Spanish, and Portuguese...

[PUMA]
Members
1,319 posts
12,503 battles
3 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

and Spanish, and Portuguese...

well, technically the NA (North American?) server would be only for the USA and Canada, ergo English/French. Unless it just is to define the server's physical location.

However, personally I welcome ANY friendly player :-)

Edited by freggo

[NKOTD]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Supertester, Privateers
1,971 posts
19,588 battles

The NA Server is open to anyone who wants to play here, regardless of language or country of origin, and although English is as useful here as the Russian language would presumably be useful on the RU server, the EULA does not exist to bar anyone from enjoyment of the game whatever. Also, in North America, dozens of languages are spoken by persons living here. 

As it seems the tone of this thread is trending to personal attacks and looking down on other players based on their nationality or culture, I'm going to close it now. 

• Thanks 1