Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RedSun9

official WoWs Twitch channel and limited schedule to collect weekly token drops

23 comments in this topic

[LWOP]
[LWOP]
Members
64 posts
1,031 battles

Seriously, WG, can you cut us some slack on this?

A lot of us cannot schedule our day or night on that one specific weekly 2 hour window (ESPECIALLY if you're NA) to collect those token drops from the official WoWs Twitch channel.

Streamers, or at least any I've subscribed to, don't get to drop that one, even when we watch their shenanigans and informative streams for the requisite 4 hours for the other Twitch crate drop.

Can we get some additional opportunities, like when you run the rerun videos?

Last time, I was only able to grab it because of a tournament on the Spanish WoWs channel.

But the upkeep on the weekly schedule list on the WoWs Twitch official page is woefully lacking most times as to "when will the next actually live event be?"

Many of us are more than willing to invest in the game, but please cut us some slack here and invest in us, your player base, as well: give us more opportunities than such a narrow window to collect those tokens from the official channel, seeing as they're becoming the new thing.

Streamers are on all hours of the day anywhere around the world, but only the official WoWs Twitch channel drops the weekly 250 token chest.

Currently, rerun videos don't drop them, even if we can schedule to watch those for 8 hours of our day. But if we miss that one official weekly slot time because we actually had life priorities for two hours of that whole week.... we're screwed?

Can we get a better upkeep on the posted weekly schedule so we can see IF we have more than one opportunity granting us more than one narrow little time slot to acquire them?

Much appreciated.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

Thats why I dont do those kinds of activities.

I do not game or social by appointment. I have all the time remaining in my life to do things but this would not be one of them.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles

log into twitch select a streamer put it on mute and walk away. Or minimize and do what ever you would be doing.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,291 battles
Just now, paradat said:

log into twitch select a streamer put it on mute and walk away. Or minimize and do what ever you would be doing.

Has to be the official WOWS stream for some content and as OP eludes to it can be very difficult to be able to watch when it is on (even watching other area streams in other languages and stuff). They don't run their stream enough to let many people get in the time needed.  

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Has to be the official WOWS stream for some content and as OP eludes to it can be very difficult to be able to watch when it is on (even watching other area streams in other languages and stuff). They don't run their stream enough to let many people get in the time needed.  

Oh right .... for the tokens.... sigh. Yeah even I who can have twtich on 24/7 have not bothered to try and get the tokens.

[RSWF]
Members
434 posts
6,464 battles

They just started an stream on the official channel now.

[RSWF]
Members
434 posts
6,464 battles
2 hours ago, RedSun9 said:

Seriously, WG, can you cut us some slack on this?

A lot of us cannot schedule our day or night on that one specific weekly 2 hour window (ESPECIALLY if you're NA) to collect those token drops from the official WoWs Twitch channel.

Streamers, or at least any I've subscribed to, don't get to drop that one, even when we watch their shenanigans and informative streams for the requisite 4 hours for the other Twitch crate drop.

Can we get some additional opportunities, like when you run the rerun videos?

Last time, I was only able to grab it because of a tournament on the Spanish WoWs channel.

But the upkeep on the weekly schedule list on the WoWs Twitch official page is woefully lacking most times as to "when will the next actually live event be?"

Many of us are more than willing to invest in the game, but please cut us some slack here and invest in us, your player base, as well: give us more opportunities than such a narrow window to collect those tokens from the official channel, seeing as they're becoming the new thing.

Streamers are on all hours of the day anywhere around the world, but only the official WoWs Twitch channel drops the weekly 250 token chest.

Currently, rerun videos don't drop them, even if we can schedule to watch those for 8 hours of our day. But if we miss that one official weekly slot time because we actually had life priorities for two hours of that whole week.... we're screwed?

Can we get a better upkeep on the posted weekly schedule so we can see IF we have more than one opportunity granting us more than one narrow little time slot to acquire them?

Much appreciated.

I am usually able to get these but that's because I can have my browser minimized with the tab muted while I'm at work, if I can find an official stream at the right time.  Last week I had part of the time in before one of their streams ended and there was another scheduled that would work for me, but then the stream got cancelled.  So I didn't get the tokens last week.

You can have the tab muted, and any of the official streams will count toward the time whether it's in a language you understand or not and regardless which server/audience it's intended for.  Still, the times that the official channel is streaming are limited.

When you are trying to find their schedule on Twitch, don't go to the "Schedule" tab on twitch.  Go to the "About" tab on their twitch page and hit the teal colored "Schedule" button there.  It takes you to the schedule on the WOWs website.  It is kept updated better.

[WOLF6]
Members
795 posts
15,508 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

This is what I do.

• Funny 1

[WOLFA]
[WOLFA]
Members
112 posts
2,157 battles
17 minutes ago, Bomont said:

They just started an stream on the official channel now.

Without prior notice. It's hit-and-miss as to whether you'll be able to catch the official WoWS channel online when they've stopped posting a schedule of when they'll be on.

If their objective is to reduce goodwill with the community and make it more difficult to obtain community tokens, they're succeeding. I've missed out on 500 in the past week alone, and I may or may not be able to get them from the stream currently online, since Twitch is prioritizing the container/mission over the community tokens.

Sadly, this seems to reflect a trend of ignoring or even antagonizing the community. :fish_palm:

• Thanks 1

[RSWF]
Members
434 posts
6,464 battles
3 minutes ago, FinderKeeper said:

Without prior notice. It's hit-and-miss as to whether you'll be able to catch the official WoWS channel online when they've stopped posting a schedule of when they'll be on.

If their objective is to reduce goodwill with the community and make it more difficult to obtain community tokens, they're succeeding. I've missed out on 500 in the past week alone, and I may or may not be able to get them from the stream currently online, since Twitch is prioritizing the container/mission over the community tokens.

Sadly, this seems to reflect a trend of ignoring or even antagonizing the community. :fish_palm:

You have to look at the right schedule.  See my post above. 

[WOLFA]
[WOLFA]
Members
112 posts
2,157 battles
13 minutes ago, Bomont said:

When you are trying to find their schedule on Twitch, don't go to the "Schedule" tab on twitch.  Go to the "About" tab on their twitch page and hit the teal colored "Schedule" button there.  It takes you to the schedule on the WOWs website.  It is kept updated better.

That is only available on the EU site. I am prompted to redirect to the US/NA site, but there is no equivalent there. Try it for yourself (if you're in the US). The schedule on the EU site is also incomplete (it does *not* show the current stream on the schedule).
Either WG has no one handling the NA page for this or the person who does neglected to post a full schedule.

It also begs the question as to whether WG (EU, NA, elsewhere) can be arsed to update their Twitch schedule on their channel on Twitch itself. The answer is apparently 'Nyet'.

Edited by FinderKeeper

[RSWF]
Members
434 posts
6,464 battles
8 minutes ago, FinderKeeper said:

That is only available on the EU site. I am prompted to redirect to the US/NA site, but there is no equivalent there. Try it for yourself (if you're in the US). The schedule on the EU site is also incomplete (it does *not* show the current stream on the schedule).
Either WG has no one handling the NA page for this or the person who does neglected to post a full schedule.

It also begs the question as to whether WG (EU, NA, elsewhere) can be arsed to update their Twitch schedule on their channel on Twitch itself. The answer is apparently 'Nyet'.

I know it's the EU site, and changing to NA doesn't work.  But the schedule on the EU site is accurate. I had just checked it, which is why I saw there was a stream going right now and posted it above.  It's just got the times in UTC.  It does show the current stream  (July 8, 23:00 UTC, Spanish).

I'm not trying to defend them or say that's how I'd do it.  I'm just trying to let people know that there is a way to find it (convoluted as it may be).

Edit to add:  I am in the US, and went back to see if something had changed since I first saw the schedule and posted above.  Nothing changed, it still shows the current stream on the schedule, which is in fact currently running.

Also, I seem to be getting progress toward both the tokens (official channel only) and the mission at the same time.

Edited by Bomont
Added info
  • Cool 1

[WOLFA]
[WOLFA]
Members
112 posts
2,157 battles
4 minutes ago, Bomont said:

I know it's the EU site, and changing to NA doesn't work.  But the schedule on the EU site is accurate. I had just checked it, which is why I saw there was a stream going right now and posted it above.  It's just got the times in UTC.  It does show the current stream  (July 8, 23:00 UTC, Spanish).

I'm not trying to defend them or say that's how I'd do it.  I'm just trying to let people know that there is a way to find it (convoluted as it may be).

OK, I see it now. 
Looking forward to seeing them post an equivalent schedule on the site I actually visit (the US/NA site). But I won't hold my breath. In fact, I fully expect them to keep it this convoluted, or make it even more so. That would fit their SOP (Standard Operating Procedure).

[RSWF]
Members
434 posts
6,464 battles
Just now, FinderKeeper said:

OK, I see it now. 
Looking forward to seeing them post an equivalent schedule on the site I actually visit (the US/NA site). But I won't hold my breath. In fact, I fully expect them to keep it this convoluted, or make it even more so. That would fit their SOP (Standard Operating Procedure).

Yeah, don't count on that (schedule on NA site).  I discovered the EU site schedule accidentally by clicking both place on their Twitch page.  It's been that way for a while.

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles

You guys all understand that you can watch any official stream, right, even if you don't speak the language they're streaming in? I just have a couple of weekly reminders set to go off when official streams start, and I fire them up while I'm at work until I have the drops.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles
14 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

You guys all understand that you can watch any official stream, right, even if you don't speak the language they're streaming in? I just have a couple of weekly reminders set to go off when official streams start, and I fire them up while I'm at work until I have the drops.

Yeah that is a good idea. I need to set that up

[LWOP]
[LWOP]
Members
64 posts
1,031 battles
15 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

But the premise isn't entirely just to collect the tokens: I appreciate a lot of the information that's put out, with the added opportunity that, often, it's an informal Q & A session: if you ask something in the chat window, the speaking developers often will respond to certain players' inquiries.

That in itself demonstrates genuine interest in a strong customer base, more than the game just being a money grab: genuine live interaction between the developers and players, ~almost~ on a reliably weekly basis.

So leaving my computer running all day at home when I'm away at work, or when I'm traveling and trying to coordinate sleep cycles between umpteen jumps across time zones (which is how I caught the Spanish channel tournament the other weekend...),  these aren't the most appealing options. 

Posting a reliable schedule for the upcoming next several days, so we could schedule accordingly, would do a great service for a lot of us who WANT to participate more in the official content release (seminars? discussions?) ....webinars?

Yeah, I get it: I can watch reruns of those. But there it all ties back to NOT being able to collect the weekly token drop from the official channels. The Twitch system only registers each drop once, so allowing us the option to collect it from watching that week's rerun (but only from the official WoWs channel, not streamers) would be a nice token gesture (pun intended).

[P2W]
Beta Testers
265 posts
17,770 battles

Its a WOW world and we need to adjust our schedules accordingly.

Im getting the tokens as I missed getting the Normandie ocean liner camo I like.

Only way I can get it now.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

i can't stand the drive to get players to do this out of game stuff, guessing it's yet another revenue stream for wg...

[CO-OP]
Members
3,732 posts
37,489 battles

It's something else to dominate your free time with WG oriented activities.

[DDDDC]
Members
132 posts
1,116 battles
On 7/8/2021 at 9:31 PM, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

It seems the "Official Channel Weekly Drop"  only works off the main WoWS channel right now.  Which is confusing because i got one of the weekly drops off another streamers channel a couple of weeks ago.  The whole Twitch-WoWS collaboration seems really poorly managed, IMO. The fact that the schedule tab only gets updated AFTER a stream has occurred.  The semi-official schedule gets posted on the EU server only.  Broken information links all over the Twitch information pages..... or trying to figure out what drop you can actually work toward.  Very confusing.   Isn't there some sort of community manager who is in charge of all this?

Here's a screen cap of the Drop inventory page for the weekly 250 token drops.  It's clearly shown that any of the "Participating Live Channels" should count toward this drop, but that's not working this week.  I've tried almost everyone's channels.  Wargaming should fix this, as this hurts the streamers when their audience gets frustrated and just logs off.

I've been using Twitch to help me get back into the game and I usually run a channel on my second display while I am playing - but if it comes down to having to schedule a particular time slot to be able to participate in these drops, then ... nah.... I don't make appointments for leisure time. I'd much rather bounce around among the real fans of the game and see how their channels are.  Not wait around for WG to make an appearance, which I may or may not catch, after working out where the secret schedule is located, then doing the time shift calculation for UTC time.

drops_1.jpg

[USA1]
Members
42 posts

Being able to watch any stream is wonderful, how ever if you do not speak the langue what is the point? I made sure that I was connected to the twitch account correctly yet there were some drops I was rewarded but they were not placed in my game account. Yes, I followed instructions on how to redeem the twitch drops and received some but did not receive two I really wanted.

This has caused me to not watch the official or any other twitch channels for WOWS! I do enjoying playing the game but am very offended when things go wrong! Do not tell me I am at fault, I check my connections every week before I watch a WOWS twitch channel!

When games get to where they are annoying or cumbersome players trend to go elsewhere!

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
2 hours ago, dross3x3 said:

Being able to watch any stream is wonderful, how ever if you do not speak the langue what is the point? I made sure that I was connected to the twitch account correctly yet there were some drops I was rewarded but they were not placed in my game account. Yes, I followed instructions on how to redeem the twitch drops and received some but did not receive two I really wanted.

This has caused me to not watch the official or any other twitch channels for WOWS! I do enjoying playing the game but am very offended when things go wrong! Do not tell me I am at fault, I check my connections every week before I watch a WOWS twitch channel!

When games get to where they are annoying or cumbersome players trend to go elsewhere!

Rewards. The point is to get the rewards. The NA stream is a really inconvenient time for me, so I will watch the EU one, and if I miss that, I'll listen to the RU one just to get the drops if nothing else.