You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ProfessorLumpy

Missouri coming back in September?

136 comments in this topic

[DRY]
Members
314 posts
11,039 battles

UPDATE 0.10.7, DOCKYARD, "DUTCH CRUISERS. PART 2" EVENT.

According to the devblog for 10.7, a slew of content for Missouri will be added to the game. Patches, a flag, and most significantly a lovely permanent camo called "Celebration". These goodies, the devblog says, "has been added for upcoming activities dedicated to the end of World War II".

So in the spirit of rampant speculation, I'm thinking that there's way WG is adding all of this unless it's going to be part of some event in which Missouri can be acquired. Why put all of this out there for a ship that's relatively rare at this point? It makes sense... What better time to bring her back than to celebrate the end of the war?

Now to go further down that rabbithole, the 'Celebration" camo very much has the look of permanent camos which have come with Dockyard ships, with sailors on the deck and bedecked with pennants. I'd almost think she'd be a dockyard ship, except that a Dockyard event starts in the very same patch and will then run for several months. I can't see activities dedicated to the end of WWII starting in December when we should be seeing the Christmas Dockyard.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

yes 10.7 auction: Missouri: starting bid 50,000 dubs, 10 up for grabs globally....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Haha 2

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,291 battles

General availability = Not happening.

Some limited way like in an auction or something = maybe.

And just because there is new content for the ship doesn't mean it is coming back. They do stuff like that a lot. For instance in this last auction there was a flag for Sommers and it has been removed. So new content does not automatically = return of removed ship.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[4_0_4]
Members
334 posts
2,244 battles
13 minutes ago, ProfessorLumpy said:

According to the devblog for 10.7, a slew of content for Missouri will be added to the game. Patches, a flag, and most significantly a lovely permanent camo called "Celebration". These goodies, the devblog says, "has been added for upcoming activities dedicated to the end of World War II".

So in the spirit of rampant speculation, I'm thinking that there's way WG is adding all of this unless it's going to be part of some event in which Missouri can be acquired. Why put all of this out there for a ship that's relatively rare at this point? It makes sense... What better time to bring her back than to celebrate the end of the war?

Now to go further down that rabbithole, the 'Celebration" camo very much has the look of permanent camos which have come with Dockyard ships, with sailors on the deck and bedecked with pennants. I'd almost think she'd be a dockyard ship, except that a Dockyard event starts in the very same patch and will then run for several months. I can't see activities dedicated to the end of WWII starting in December when we should be seeing the Christmas Dockyard.

I hope if they do it’s not an auction event, which has been the speculation from a few folks.  I’d rather they just make it a limited time offer of some kind.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
2 minutes ago, rallybackmonkey said:

I hope if they do it’s not an auction event, which has been the speculation from a few folks.  I’d rather they just make it a limited time offer of some kind.

if they did, it will be very expensive,

the auction idea lets them sell piles of currency while people are putting together their bids...   

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,340 posts
9,621 battles

They added a camo for Musashi that could be bought with one of the anime collaborations recently, that didn't bring Musashi back for purchase though.

• Cool 4

[EGO]
Members
113 posts
21,854 battles

I'd love to see the Missouri come back with credit earnings reduced to normal tier 9 levels.  They could then rename the original iteration to "Missouri __________". 

EDIT: To clarify, I meant "reduced to normal tier 9 premium levels", not tech tree levels.  And, of course,  the original version should continue to be a license to print credits for those who have it.

Edited by Wrayeth
Clarity
  • Cool 3
  • Meh 2

[FRFR]
Members
1,675 posts
13 minutes ago, Wrayeth said:

I'd love to see the Missouri come back with credit earnings reduced to normal tier 9 levels.  They could then rename the original iteration to "Missouri __________". 

They could call it "MOOssouri, the cash cow"

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
299 posts
12,781 battles

They did this to Belfast a while back as well. New camo, no ship. The camo even dropped randomly from cash shop boxes iirc.

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

I would buy that Mo with both hands seeing how that radar saves it from DD's stalking at 6km. Price would be no object. even at 100K coin.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[SVF]
Members
2,921 posts
2,776 battles
26 minutes ago, Wrayeth said:

I'd love to see the Missouri come back with credit earnings reduced to normal tier 9 levels.

Soooo, the T9 tech tree Iowa then.  Why even bother?

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,735 posts
22,656 battles
37 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

They added a camo for Musashi that could be bought with one of the anime collaborations recently, that didn't bring Musashi back for purchase though.

Indeed.
I'll have to have it drop into my Port via a crate, at the rate things are going.  With my luck, that is unlikely.

[CVA16]
Members
8,875 posts
27,090 battles
2 minutes ago, landcollector said:

Soooo, the T9 tech tree Iowa then.  Why even bother?

I think he was referring to normal T9 premium earnings.

Largely due to the radar, Missouri out performs its tech tree stablemate by quite a bit so even with tech tree earning, people would buy it.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
8,875 posts
27,090 battles
14 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

They did/do a limited event for the MO every Christmas.

Yeah, buy a ton of loot boxes and (once you get all the crappy listed ships) you MIGHT get a Missouri. 

I think the auction route may be WGs best play to make the ship available. Not as many players will fall for the loot box scam again and WG can limit the number of MO's they want to add to each server. And can make a lot on the deal. 

Still likely to be a Missouri_F (Frugal) with the earnings trimmed way down. 

Or more likely, just the Missouri content (like the Somers flag)

Edited by Sabot_100

[DRY]
Members
314 posts
11,039 battles

I hear what a lot of your are saying, about there being other examples of unavailable ships getting some content. I still think this might be different.

For one thing, this is a lot. All of these different patches and a flag and the camo. It's not going to be just an auction, it looks more like rewards for a chain of missions.

Also, they're saying specifically that this is for activities celebrating the end of WWII. I can't see those activities being an auction. 

Finally, it's the style of the camo. It's quite a bit different from the sort they offer for steel or ranked tokens, like the camo fit FDR on the same posting. This kind of camo looks like what's been on dockyard ships previously.

I certainly don't think they'll be giving Missouri away easily, but it really seems to be there something being here. Maybe it's possible that they've find a way to introduce a version with less credit earning potential. 

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,291 battles
35 minutes ago, ProfessorLumpy said:

I hear what a lot of your are saying, about there being other examples of unavailable ships getting some content. I still think this might be different.

For one thing, this is a lot. All of these different patches and a flag and the camo. It's not going to be just an auction, it looks more like rewards for a chain of missions.

Also, they're saying specifically that this is for activities celebrating the end of WWII. I can't see those activities being an auction. 

Finally, it's the style of the camo. It's quite a bit different from the sort they offer for steel or ranked tokens, like the camo fit FDR on the same posting. This kind of camo looks like what's been on dockyard ships previously.

I certainly don't think they'll be giving Missouri away easily, but it really seems to be there something being here. Maybe it's possible that they've find a way to introduce a version with less credit earning potential. 

It is actually one of the 2 stock Missouri camos they just added some streamers, baubles, and sailors to (see below). Not saying 100% for sure it won't be back but I wouldn't get your hopes up. People were asking on stream if it was coming back when they showed all this stuff and they kind of laughed and side stepped it but was kind of a NO! LOL.

It is due in 10.7 which is when the new Dockyard for the T8 Dutch Cruiser starts so I am pretty confident saying there won't be a huge competing event to get Missouri. An event to get Missouri would be HUGE and I just don't see that going on while the new Dockyard is. Most likely it is just some missions to get the flag and patches and MAYBE Missouri will be auctioned off or something. I really don't see it being made available in a general sense again. Don't want to see you or others be disappointed by getting your hopes up.

Image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[-N-]
Beta Testers
270 posts
9,580 battles
1 hour ago, ProfessorLumpy said:

son, do you know how much you have to spend on crates to get missouri? about 1.5 to 2 THOUSAND dollars.

no way WG is going to give her away for free. or even an event.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,310 posts
23,640 battles

Hmm... yeah maybe. I would imagine some change to her economy or maybe WG is not worried about it any more thanks to the auction system cleaning out credits. 

[CVA16]
Members
8,875 posts
27,090 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I really don't see it being made available in a general sense again.

I agree. Even if they nerf the earnings. An auction would mean they could limit the numbers AND see what the whales  will be willing to pay.

Just wondering for WG auctions. Is the bid you give the amount you  will pay (assuming you are not outbid) or is it the reduced to one doubloon above the next lower bid?

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,291 battles
1 minute ago, Sabot_100 said:

I agree. Even if they nerf the earnings. An auction would mean they could limit the numbers AND see what the whales  will be willing to pay.

Just wondering for WG auctions. Is the bid you give the amount you  will pay (assuming you are not outbid) or is it the reduced to one doubloon above the next lower bid?

You pay what you bid if you have one of the winning ones

[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,833 battles

I think auction would be the best possible way for WG to make Missouri available.    The resource would be the question, along with the minimum bid. 

I can see it now.  Resource = RP.  Minimum bid = 100k.  Or Steel, with a minimum bid of 150k.

[CVA16]
Members
8,875 posts
27,090 battles
2 minutes ago, kyesac said:

I think auction would be the best possible way for WG to make Missouri available.    The resource would be the question, along with the minimum bid. 

I can see it now.  Resource = RP.  Minimum bid = 100k.  Or Steel, with a minimum bid of 150k.

I think WG would prefer the direct fast cash route. That way you open up the potential buyers to all the whales out there. RP or Steel are rewards that take a long time to earn and leave a lot of potential whales out of the market.

Then again the MO might remain unobtainable with just the flag and cammo as consolation prizes to those thatt will never have her.

At this point we need more clues however WG has peaked the interest of many by raising the possibility it MIGHT be available..

Members
873 posts
14,547 battles

It's funny to see all this chatter about MO. When I went to WG Anchors Away at the Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum,  @FemennenIy lost her voice, screaming out winning numbers desperately trying to give one away. I think she pulled 9 to 12 times before she finally got a winner with a sigh of relief. Everyone was laughing and joking about how you couldn't give the Might MO away. IMO I don't see WG ever putting it back out for sale. If they did, it would be in the range of cash that would make your spouse, kids, and banker cry. It will only ever be obtainable thru special events, giveaways, and of course, loot boxes where it would be very limited. They couldn't or wouldn't nerf the original just to resale it again, looking at you Giulio Cesare. And I don't see another version going over too well, looking at you Belfast '43. As the auction idea goes, I don't think it has gone over as well as WG would have liked. There has already some disdain and controversy there. Throwing the MO in there would more than likely fuel a whirlwind of fire with the player base across the globe bigger than the ones we have seen in the past. All though it wouldn't be the first time old WEE GEE has went double or nothing on something. However, I'd like to think they'd test the waters first with another ship if ships ever went to auction. Either or the idea of auction ships puts a huge knot in my stomach, and I wish folks would stop clamoring about the idea.  The reality is MO is a huge cash cow with a carrot dangling from its teet for WG and always has been. Even when it was first released, it was a grinding drain on the community. Not everybody got one even then, for the most part, limited even then. If I were a betting man, the only way Id think MO would be turned out in the wild again I'd have to say 300,000,000,000 or more community tokens would be the fairer bet where the ship crates for ungodly amounts are already there. So is this type of content that is being added. 

Just my two pennies worth.       

• Cool 2

Members
6,667 posts
3 hours ago, Ghawain said:

They did this to Belfast a while back as well. New camo, no ship. The camo even dropped randomly from cash shop boxes iirc.

True, but they also brought out Belfast 43 as well...

We shall see.  

(Disclosure: I got Missouri for 750K FXP before she went away.)

• Cool 2