You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hunter_Steel

New Dev Blog for Captain Skills

138 comments in this topic

[MOD]
Members
50 posts
6,145 battles
1 minute ago, rallybackmonkey said:

The name of the skill is currently a WIP

How about, "The Natural State of Battleships"? :D :D :D

[ARS]
Beta Testers
7,580 posts
8,269 battles
4 minutes ago, rallybackmonkey said:

It’s to make sure they don’t mess up their Russian stealth CVs, which are designed to camp islands and rain jet propelled death.

No, its because it made the skill useless.  No CV player took it because it caused their planes to be slaughtered.  All this does is make the planes take the same damage on the climbout as planes without the skill.

[RLGN]
Members
17,930 posts
32,094 battles
12 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

The -10% was moved to the other Secondaries skill.

~Hunter

9 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yes but it makes the CQC skill much less effective and worth the 4pts now. That -10% sec reload should have stayed put. CQC is not worth 4pts now. Fixed one and broke/ruined another. They should forget Brisk altogether. Replace the CE skill with the CQC skill which is a 2pt skill value wise now.

7 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

Oh I know it should have, I don't really have a use for it anyways.

~Hunter

Mostly useful to me as a Co-op brawling skill. Not sure if AT feels the same.

(The cynic in me says WG went all, ‘Wah! Wah! The Co-op peasants like that too much! We need to change it!’)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 2

[WPORT]
Members
15,234 posts
19,116 battles
1 hour ago, Hunter_Steel said:

Looks Le Kekondaries got a buff
https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/175

~Hunter

I've been using the Enhanced Anti-Torpedo Protection on several of my ships.  Looks like that is going away.  :cap_old:
Frankly, I don't understand why.

Line 3

Added a new skill (instead of Enhanced Anti-Torpedo Protection):

• Activated effect: -0.5% to the reload time of the Repair Party consumable for each potential damage value received, equal to the ship's total HP.

The name of the skill is currently a WIP

Seems that several of their ideas are "meh" and more complicated than necessary and often too conditional.

[4_0_4]
Members
331 posts
2,244 battles
Just now, Helstrem said:

No, its because it made the skill useless.  No CV player took it because it caused their planes to be slaughtered.  All this does is make the planes take the same damage on the climbout as planes without the skill.

It’s been there for months and they just changed it though.  My bet is because Hidden Menace is designed to get Russian CVs concealment down.  Unless you’re planning to be within ~15 km of the enemy the skill makes no sense anyways, you’re squadrons will take forever to return.  The Russian CVs are expressly designed to be taken close and spam rocket assisted takeoff planes.  So you’re correct the skill made it useless for everyone, but the only reason they care is that it was going to nerf the CVs it was designed for.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
7,580 posts
8,269 battles
Just now, rallybackmonkey said:

It’s been there for months and they just changed it though.  My bet is because Hidden Menace is designed to get Russian CVs concealment down.  Unless you’re planning to be within ~15 km of the enemy the skill makes no sense anyways, you’re squadrons will take forever to return.  The Russian CVs are expressly designed to be taken close and spam rocket assisted takeoff planes.  So you’re correct the skill made it useless for everyone, but the only reason they care is that it was going to nerf the CVs it was designed for.

Yes, on schedule with the first planned revisement of the captain skills.  The dead eye removal was an emergency action that wasn't initially planned. So no, you are still being a paranoid conspiracy pusher.

Edited by Helstrem

[WPORT]
Members
15,234 posts
19,116 battles
43 minutes ago, SKurj said:

wish they could just come out and say commander skills will be reset for all (insert ship type here) captains.. but no... 100% discount... so likely one free reset within a time window like last time...

With the release of Update 0.10.7, all players will have a 100% discount on the commander skill reset. All the details will be announced later.

Yeah.  And those of us with 200+ Ships & Commanders will be going through an administrative nightmare to perform all the resets manually.

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
24 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yeah.  And those of us with 200+ Ships & Commanders will be going through an administrative nightmare to perform all the resets manually.

really glad i fired like..70% of my captains >.>

[WPORT]
Members
15,234 posts
19,116 battles
2 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

really glad i fired like..70% of my captains >.>

The joys of being in the Collector's Club, eh?  :-)

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/177016-world-of-warships-collectors-club/

[SALVO]
Members
12,333 posts
8,250 battles
29 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Having a precedent, I hope the universal reset button option makes a  come back 

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
15,234 posts
19,116 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

That would be welcome.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
5,716 posts
3 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

the wording used doesn't give me a lot of hope...

i suspect the "reset" will only apply by ship type, and some may not get a reset at all...

They should clean it up after the mess in the spring, just reset everyone and leave them reset, even if the player isn't active...  yeah some will complain... but it's better than what they did in the spring.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
14,367 posts
20,487 battles

Well crap I thought we had a major buff to secondary guns for a second.

FAQ
Question Answer
Will the bonus from the activated effect of the Improved Secondary Battery Aiming skill accumulate if the priority target is not set? Yes, the bonus will start to accumulate once the secondaries start firing, even if the priority target is not set. Once it's set, the bonus will be applied. 
How will the bonus to the accuracy accumulate? 25% bonus from the effect will accumulate in the first 10 seconds of continuous secondary battery firing, and another 25% - in the remaining 35 seconds. Thus a 35% bonus to the accuracy on the priority target the skill used to give before the change will get accumulated in the first 10 seconds of secondary battery firing (25% from the activated effect and 10% from the permanent effect) 
How fast will the bonus reset if secondaries stopped firing? 

The bonus will be reset gradually, from 100% of accumulated bonus zero in 10 seconds 

These values can be changed during testing

If I had only a part of the bonus reset, and then secondaries fired again, will the bonus to the accuracy get accumulated from scratch? No, it's accumulation will resume from the value at which the reset stopped. 
Will the accumulated bonus reset to 75% if the priority target was destroyed, and right after that a new priority target was set? No, if a priority target ship was destroyed, and right after that a new priority target was set, 100% of the accumulated bonus to the accuracy from the activated effect will be saved. 

[WPORT]
Members
15,234 posts
19,116 battles
3 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

somedays i hate it xD

:Smile_veryhappy:

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
5,716 posts
1 minute ago, paradat said:

Well crap I thought we had a major buff to secondary guns for a second.

FAQ
Question Answer
Will the bonus from the activated effect of the Improved Secondary Battery Aiming skill accumulate if the priority target is not set? Yes, the bonus will start to accumulate once the secondaries start firing, even if the priority target is not set. Once it's set, the bonus will be applied. 
How will the bonus to the accuracy accumulate? 25% bonus from the effect will accumulate in the first 10 seconds of continuous secondary battery firing, and another 25% - in the remaining 35 seconds. Thus a 35% bonus to the accuracy on the priority target the skill used to give before the change will get accumulated in the first 10 seconds of secondary battery firing (25% from the activated effect and 10% from the permanent effect) 
How fast will the bonus reset if secondaries stopped firing? 

The bonus will be reset gradually, from 100% of accumulated bonus zero in 10 seconds 

These values can be changed during testing

If I had only a part of the bonus reset, and then secondaries fired again, will the bonus to the accuracy get accumulated from scratch? No, it's accumulation will resume from the value at which the reset stopped. 
Will the accumulated bonus reset to 75% if the priority target was destroyed, and right after that a new priority target was set? No, if a priority target ship was destroyed, and right after that a new priority target was set, 100% of the accumulated bonus to the accuracy from the activated effect will be saved. 

so much overcomplication... 

• Cool 2

[WPORT]
Members
15,234 posts
19,116 battles
Just now, SKurj said:

+1

• Thanks 1

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
Just now, SKurj said:

aaaaand not even a buff :/ Seems more of a nerf actually?

"You get less of a flat bonus and have to be actively in secondary range to achieve the old flat bonus" BUT your secondaries are still garbage and wont hit anything unless you are within 3km.

[WPORT]
Members
15,234 posts
19,116 battles
1 minute ago, Princess_Daystar said:

aaaaand not even a buff :/ Seems more of a nerf actually?

"You get less of a flat bonus and have to be actively in secondary range to achieve the old flat bonus" BUT your secondaries are still garbage and wont hit anything unless you are within 3km.

Aaaaannnnnnd.... we've removed your Enhanced Anti-Torpedo Protection.  So you won't be able to hit a DD and probably won't survive a full salvo of torpedoes, either.  

image_2021-07-08_173044.thumb.png.32b1ccf0e3b7a4a0a261f025ddfb1a18.png

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
5,716 posts

if i am reading it right...  you start at 10%... after 10 seconds you get an additional 25% and after another 35 seconds you will have a total 60% boost? and if 2nds stop firing for 10 seconds that 60% boost to accuracy is now gone.

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
Just now, SKurj said:

if i am reading it right...  you start at 10%... after 10 seconds you get an additional 25% and after another 35 seconds you will have a total 60% boost? and if 2nds stop firing for 10 seconds that 60% boost to accuracy is now gone.

I hope thats how it works.

My brain might be reading it wrong.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
5,716 posts
Just now, Princess_Daystar said:

they have things twisted, they state the max is +50% and then in the faq, they say 35 + 25...

[WPORT]
Members
15,234 posts
19,116 battles
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

1 minute ago, Princess_Daystar said:

But the DD's still have access to the "Dazzle" Skill.
Which gives them a 20% bonus to incoming projectile dispersion, for a precious number of seconds.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
14,367 posts
20,487 battles
11 minutes ago, SKurj said:

OK took me some time but yeah I think you got it. So OK that is a buff and gets us closer to the old secondary build... just with a time delay in getting there.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,950 posts
14,221 battles
2 hours ago, Hunter_Steel said:

The buff after 45s is higher than what we have now but overall still worse than the -65% flat buff we had back before the rebork. Honestly they should just make it a flat buff of 55% across the board and things will be better for all secondaries in the game.

~Hunter

I would like that too but at this point I will take what ever they offer . I like the new changes for BBs more choices it seems .