You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Clan battles with 1 CV is so much fun that we should totally have 2 of them!!

38 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles

At first I thought it was a typo :Smile_popcorn:.

I guess a team comprised solely by Perth and Huanghe will work? :Smile_hiding:

Edited by warheart1992

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,577 posts
17,526 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

Nah, we’ll have the Dutch cruisers by then, so it will be Perth/Huanghe pairs smoking the Dutch cruisers. 

[SALVO]
Members
3,898 posts
7,848 battles

God dang it. lol Double CV and nothing but smoking cruisers lol . 

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,284 battles
9 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Ise

[CAZA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
587 posts
8,784 battles

I'm more surprised by the fact Graf Spee is immediately banned lol

• Cool 1

[GAMMA]
Members
909 posts
18,341 battles
57 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I'm so excited and can't wait, WG!!!! 

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/177

Hot damn! Clan battles is coming back to tier 6... Now if I can only find enough people in my clan who have tier 6s and who will get off their butts to participate in clan battles.

34 minutes ago, Torenico said:

I'm more surprised by the fact Graf Spee is immediately banned lol

Honestly, I'm not. The last time clan battles were at tier 6, Graf Spee was a very, very, very popular choice. People were using her as a ersatz battleship because she has big guns, lots of HP, decent armor, and a heal. It wasn't unusual to find teams running a BB (often Bayern, PEF, or another faster BB), 3-4 Graf Spees, and either a light cruiser of some kind and a DD or two DDs.

Edited by jkirschy

Members
39 posts
6,397 battles

Absolutely cannot wait. First season with a high level competitive clan and I get to have Fun(TM) getting bombed by two unicum Lowenhardts and stay Engaged(TM) with fruitless attempts to dodge. Screw the BOOOOOO-RING dynamic ship combat of yesteryear - what competitive teams really want is a game mode where they can see who is best at throwing crap at the wall for 20 minutes.

Edited by partridge_in_a_pear_tree
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
39 posts
6,397 battles
42 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Because 2 CVs would be a winning recipe at the highest levels right?

YES! The competitive community has already voiced its unwavering support for 1 CV clan battles - 2 should be DOUBLE THE FUN! Now where did my mom's credit card go? I need to buy Ark Royals for my whole clan...

[GAMMA]
Members
909 posts
18,341 battles
1 minute ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

Wait for 2 CVs and 5 ISE!!!

Will be fun

Unless I'm reading what was posted in the dev blog wrong, you can't have 2CV's and 5 Ise's on a team in clan battles. The rules said no more than 2 CVs or battleships could be on the same team.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,432 posts
9,039 battles
6 minutes ago, jkirschy said:

Unless I'm reading what was posted in the dev blog wrong, you can't have 2CV's and 5 Ise's on a team in clan battles. The rules said no more than 2 CVs or battleships could be on the same team.

Naw... you read it right.. But let them carry on with their hysterics anyway.. It makes for entertaining forum reading!   

• Funny 2

[GAMMA]
Members
909 posts
18,341 battles
5 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Naw... you read it right.. But let them carry on with their hysterics anyway.. It makes for entertaining forum reading!   

Ah... This is where I should get a bag of pop-corn and watch the steam escape from their ears because they are upset about the possibility of 2 CVs per team in clan battles instead of rejoicing because clan battles are coming back to tier 6 instead of once again being limited to tier 10. Got it...

:cap_popcorn:

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,735 posts
6,718 battles
17 minutes ago, jkirschy said:

That is correct.

However, Dutch cruisers should be out by then, so I hope you're ready for 2 CVs and 5 Airstrike capable cruisers!

• Cool 1

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,577 posts
17,526 battles
3 minutes ago, jkirschy said:

This. But right now there’s no limit on the number of Dutch cruisers you can bring. 

[ANK-S]
Members
2 posts
10,648 battles

A Ban, rather than a limiting of Graf Spee, just to have two CVs? Seems a bit odd friends. Rather see a limit on the Graf to 1 and of course...a single CV. Modules being what they are, it is hard to make effective full AA builds on warships at this tier. T9/T10 you can of course choose the 6th slot to help out against air power. But that isn't an option elsewhere. Side note...perhaps let all tiers have access to all module spots. Would make up-tiers a little easier. Anyway, to the subject at hand here...with skills and builds limited to deal with Air...including two CVs is a poor choice in my calculation. Odds are we will, as many have suggested, see many smoking CA and DDs as well. Radar not being something to spoil the day. So the way most will be forced to play is to chain smokes together. Not certain how they expected this to go to be honest. Seems a little tone deaf on WG part. The player base, grumpy as always, hates CVs. Thank goodness the rockets got nerfed. Any little bit helps I suppose. Why then would you (WG) force those who desire steel or a competitive setting (based on their skill and league etc) to play against a class which is so unpopular. The number of surface ships needed to make a 'workable' AA bubble is simply too high in many cases. These air threats (aeroplanes) that are 'balanced' for randoms...which have an increased number of AA guns statistically...since...you know...there are more ships. Don't function in the same way when there is half as many ships in play. It honestly messes with balancing and I don't think that logic should escape anyone.

So...with one CV we know their planes will (or should statistically) last longer. As the total damage output of AA is less. Which means CVs are strong out of the gate in a CB/Ranked scenario. Okay. We can understand this much. Now we get two...which means resets on caps. Something that CVs can do early game, can be done both sides. In theory of course. We know that it doesn't 'always work.' So now we get a good amount of cap control in the form of resets...unless we have sneaky smokes going up from DDs. That's it own thing. But then we get to things like Cross-Torp(ing) etc. Solo warships left alone won't have a great time. I assure you WG...if you are reading this...I would want to pay a little more attention to the pulse of the player base.

Secondary Changes announced today were nice. A step in the right direction. But there are fields which just fall short. Like...Siegfried Secondary Guns...RIP...and of course...as above and in this whole thread...double CV. 

Hide in smoke friends, never leave them, for from above there can only come...thunder. 

There concludes my overly composed thoughts on why this was a bad idea...

[GAMMA]
Members
909 posts
18,341 battles
1 minute ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

This. But right now there’s no limit on the number of Dutch cruisers you can bring. 

Actually there sort of is. There is a hard cap of 7 ships per team in clan battles. Figure most teams will run a CV and a BB (of some kind). So that means that there can be no more than 5 Dutch cruisers. And most teams will want at least 1 DD, for spotting. So now you're down to 4 dutch cruisers. I suppose if a team were determined to be as aircraft heavy as possible while still having as much flexibility as possible, it would be possible to run a team of a CV (for scouting and strike), Ise, and 5 Dutch cruisers. But given that we still don't know how well the gimmick on Dutch cruisers will work, I find it hard to believe that many teams will commit that heavily to Dutch cruisers.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,414 posts
38,082 battles

The "surveys" must have come back that the community likes to have more CVs in battles, not less.  Never would have guessed that.:Smile_hiding:

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

Graf Spee is being banned because it won't be available... 

Members
227 posts
4,425 battles

5 dd's good luck with that rocket change, make them have to cv snipe each other .  I dont remember that last t6 CB season to be much fun with 1 cv . 

[SALV0]
Members
584 posts
2,566 battles
1 hour ago, Merc85 said:

The "surveys" must have come back that the community likes to have more CVs in battles, not less.  Never would have guessed that.:Smile_hiding:

No it's the typical WG double down...

[BOMBL]
Members
225 posts
9,660 battles

Wish we could alternate CB season with the odd Tiers - when was the last time T7 got a look in ?