You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

PSA: New Dockyard Update 10.7 (De Zeven Provinciёn)

27 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,327 battles

Talked about on the WOWS stream and just posted to Dev Blog. New Dockyard for 10.7 with the T8 Dutch Cruiser De Zeven Provinciёn. Also, new perma camos for Missouri and FDR, new Captains, flags, patches, etc...  No word on how to get them yet.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/177

phpLmhllc.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,735 posts
26,570 battles

No idea who Klaas Janssen is supposed to be, other than a WG fantasy captain with the single most Dutch sounding name they could think of.

phpAGbONc

• Funny 1

[BONKY]
Members
2,285 posts
26,872 battles

4500 dubs for a T8 premium of a brand new nation. Right now with 8 6in guns and a 7.5 sec reload, even speed boost, stealth, Airstrike, and superheal is gonna struggle to overcome that. At least it looks cool and is the new king of Dakka.

[CO-OP]
Members
5,206 posts
43,379 battles

Interesting looking patches for the Missouri (not sure why we need 5 of them,) but I really like the flag.

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,580 posts
17,536 battles
8 minutes ago, rallybackmonkey said:

Dare I hope for a limited time availability of the Mizzou?  Fingers crossed.

Inb4 Missouri in the auction for some insane amount of doubloons. Or better yet, they’ll list is for a super low doubloon price knowing full well people are going to bid like crazy for it. 

[4_0_4]
Members
334 posts
2,244 battles
1 minute ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Inb4 Missouri in the auction for some insane amount of doubloons. Or better yet, they’ll list is for a super low doubloon price knowing full well people are going to bid like crazy for it. 

I would be extremely disappointed...but the possibility is definitely there.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,352 posts
9,639 battles

Unless the Missouri camo has some different economic bonuses I don't see a reason to get it.  Good for those who want it though.

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,808 posts
20,779 battles
45 minutes ago, rallybackmonkey said:

Dare I hope for a limited time availability of the Mizzou?  Fingers crossed.

doubt it.

remember the camo for the High School Fleet Musashi, yet no Musashi was available to get.

[ARR0W]
Members
6,161 posts
32,942 battles
38 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

4500 dubs for a T8 premium of a brand new nation. Right now with 8 6in guns and a 7.5 sec reload, even speed boost, stealth, Airstrike, and superheal is gonna struggle to overcome that. At least it looks cool and is the new king of Dakka.

The AA will get D7P heavily bought outright, if unchanged from what I last saw. 

[4_0_4]
Members
334 posts
2,244 battles
1 minute ago, Lord_Slayer said:

doubt it.

remember the camo for the High School Fleet Musashi, yet no Musashi was available to get.

True, but I mean it’s not just a Camo, you have a flag and a bunch of patches.  Wouldn’t be the first time I ended up with a Perma Camo for a ship I don’t own.

[CAAT]
Members
6,313 posts
8,036 battles
57 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

phpLmhllc.jpg

...Ok, real talk, that is a NICE looking cruiser. I will definitely be doing this Dockyard event (as if I ever don't do them :P)

• Cool 1

[VVV]
Members
3,246 posts
5,521 battles

Now if only they'd buff De Zeven Provinciёn. Last I saw, the stats were seriously underwhelming for a T8 CL. 7.5 sec reload is way too long for 8x 152mm; we have other T8 CLs with 12x 152mm and the same or better reload. Particularly when D7P also has very thin armor and a relatively limited consumable set. Heal is nice for a T8 cruiser, but doesn't really seem like enough to make up for the unimpressive overall stats.

At the a minimum she should have 6 sec main gun reload. And seeing as the rest of Dutch cruisers get Hydro + DFAA it's odd that she doesn't. While radar would be more thematically appropriate to a 1953 CL than calling in air support from 1937 bombers, I'm not sure I'd recommend that since we already have more than enough radar cruisers. Maybe do something unique like have their airstrike be a few Hawker Hunters doing a rocket attack instead of T.Vs dropping bombs? That'd make D7P's airstrike more timeline-appropriate to her design and also primarily an anti-DD weapon which is already her main role as a CL. Though I know having jet fighters in the game in any capacity would also be controversial.

• Cool 1

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
56 minutes ago, Lert said:

No idea who Klaas Janssen is supposed to be, other than a WG fantasy captain with the single most Dutch sounding name they could think of.

phpAGbONc

I think it's more like a special commander and less like a unique one. The George Does and so forth with an improved skill but no unique skill, tracers, or pennant.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
550 posts
6,157 battles
6 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

The Missouri camo would be nice for those of us who have it. 

Agreed it would maybe for hmm 4k doubloons or free why not

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,735 posts
26,570 battles
10 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I think it's more like a special commander and less like a unique one. The George Does and so forth with an improved skill but no unique skill, tracers, or pennant.

Probably.

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
32 minutes ago, DemonW0lf said:

Agreed it would maybe for hmm 4k doubloons or free why not

I can foresee it being free. A year or two ago they had some event where the reward was a Musashi permacamo, so there is precedent for having event rewards be a permacamo that is unusable for a large number of players.

29 minutes ago, Lert said:

Probably.

The source of confusion is pretty clear, they refer to him as a unique commander, after all.

[NUWES]
Members
3,848 posts
15,817 battles
22 hours ago, Lert said:

phpAGbONc

I'm still holding out hope for Adm Doorman.

[SIMP]
Members
1,747 posts

Thanks AT for the update!

However, why is WG creating an entire new Nation for the Dutch? Why not simply a branch in the Pan European line? Because we all know the Dutch were a MAJOR naval power during the time frame of this game - you know, all the absolutely pivotal engagements they were in changed the course of history! .... not.

(Freaking idiotic decision making going on at WeeGee :fish_palm:)

Edited by capncrunch21
  • Boring 2

[WOLF6]
Members
299 posts
12,801 battles

Looks like some changes for this thing on the dev blog. 

[-VT-]
[-VT-]
Members
2,274 posts
26,543 battles

They keep changing it too much. I fell for Hizen, what a terrible ship after deadeye was removed. 

Going to wait on this one.

Edited by Cit_the_bed

[-AF-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,313 posts
16,110 battles
On 7/8/2021 at 11:03 AM, AdmiralThunder said:

Talked about on the WOWS stream and just posted to Dev Blog. New Dockyard for 10.7 with the T8 Dutch Cruiser De Zeven Provinciёn. Also, new perma camos for Missouri and FDR, new Captains, flags, patches, etc...  No word on how to get them yet.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/177

phpLmhllc.jpg

Wow, she's a beauty!   
But I don't want to do another dockyard!!!   
Said the same thing though when the XF-6 dockyard event popped and still I bit on that one. 

Not sure why I did that one.