Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rickhavoc

American Cruisers Collection

4 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
3,076 battles

I've been collecting the items in the American Cruisers Collection, and being a veteran of U.S. military service, (Army), I noticed a couple of minor issues that might not be apparent to a player who is not a U.S. veteran, or a U.S. Navy veteran. First, in the Awards section, the highest award is identified as the "Navy Medal of Honor". This is incorrect, as the Congressional Medal of Honor is the highest award for ALL branches of U.S. military service. In the section showing the ratings, you fail to mention that the RANK shown is the rank of Chief Petty Officer. It would be nice to see this corrected.

[CO-OP]
Members
5,201 posts
43,308 battles
19 minutes ago, Rickhavoc said:

I've been collecting the items in the American Cruisers Collection, and being a veteran of U.S. military service, (Army), I noticed a couple of minor issues that might not be apparent to a player who is not a U.S. veteran, or a U.S. Navy veteran. First, in the Awards section, the highest award is identified as the "Navy Medal of Honor". This is incorrect, as the Congressional Medal of Honor is the highest award for ALL branches of U.S. military service. In the section showing the ratings, you fail to mention that the RANK shown is the rank of Chief Petty Officer. It would be nice to see this corrected.

The term "Congressional" Medal of Honor is a misnomer.  The Medal of Honor is awarded in the name of Congress by the President of the United States.  The Medal of Honor has 3 equivalent variations: The Army, Navy and Air Force each have their own version of the Medal, but for precedence they are all equal.  For the U.S. Navy the Navy Medal of Honor is the highest decoration.

image.png.f419db98c17bf4d041cee4973245dd7b.png

To your second point, these are not rank designations, but MOS patches.

Edited by HamptonRoads
  • Thanks 1

[1CVDV]
Members
308 posts
14,191 battles

and that sir,is why your a seaman recruit!!!lol..

Members
7 posts
3,076 battles

I forgot that when the MOH was first authorized, the War Department and the Navy Department were separate organizations. I looked it up, and they didn't even authorize them on the same day. On the second point, I do believe that they are BOTH Technical rating and rank designations. The stripes indicate the rank of the wearer, and the symbol indicates the technical branch.