Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BaronVonTom

Yet another example of poor communication with WG

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

418
[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,187 posts
26,928 battles

So, as some know, I was a Super Tester during 2019.  Absolutely loved it and had no problems.  Especially working with Gneisenau013 and Winston.  Fantastic professionals that took good care of their volunteers, unlike WG who goes into your account and takes back what you earned and what you were told you could keep for a job well done.  Apparently anytime their policy changes they can do this.  This should scare the livin hell out of everyone.

So after a year of testing, I decided to call it quits and notified Gneis I would be leaving.   He established Jan 10th 2020 as my last day.  Here is the message he sent me on the wows forum:

Hey BaronVonTom!
Sorry to hear that you want out of the gulag! 
Totally understandable that you would like to step away and you've done quite a bit for the program!
The ST flag, and patch will be retired from you account once you move to the inactive roster. 
For your hard work and achievements, you may keep the ST emblem you earned as well as the Alabama ST!
If you decide to return, feel free to ping me and I can get you reinstated!
Sad to see you go but it was an honor to have you a part of the team!
#anchorsaweigh 

The important take from this is that I left on good terms and Gneis was so kind to allow me to keep the Master ST emblem.   On Jan 10th 2020 the removable things were taken from my account and they left in my account the Alabama ST, the kraken camo, and the Master St Emblem as promised by Gneis and earned by me.  

Fast forward 18 months to July 5th 2021 (18 months later).  I logged into my account after being gone for 7 days and saw a notification that said "Destinctive Insignia Removed".  I knew right away this was the Master ST emblem as it was no longer showing on my profile.  I used this emblem every time I played in game since getting it.   What I didnt know was why....no message as to why.....no e-mail informing me....NOTHING!!! 

So now the journey begins.  I opened a ticket to find out why they removed what I had clearly earned.  

For the last three days it has been a back and forth where I was told the first time......"this award only applies to current ST's."  So I sent them a copy of the message as you see above from Gneis.  The next response was if you have questions about rewards contact the ST awards manager.....which I tried to do in discord but the friend request would not go through...trying for 45 mins.   I dont have questions about rewards for ST's.  My question is simple...."Why did an employee of WG tell me I could keep this Master ST emblem for my hard work as a ST (I was top tester two quarters in a row) and 18 months later a different employee of WG goes into my account and takes it away?   Finally I got this reponse:

Dear BaronVonTom,

The heads of the testing department have revised the policy of awarding awards. At the moment, only a current ST member can have a patch. As for the flag, we returned it as a commemorative gift to your account.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

 

This is quite laughable.  First, it isnt a patch.  It is an emblem.   Secondly.....they are trying to appease me with a flag that means nothing.  The emblem was a beautiful design that everyone loved.  You dont get anything displaying this emblem.....its just beautifully designed.  I dont know who designed it or I would credit his/her genius.   Third, what gives WG the right to go into someones account and remove something they earned and something that was given to me by a WG employee for my hard work?  Because of a policy change?  Are you kidding me? 

So this means if they change the policy on the AlabamaST and the Kraken camo, I lose that too?????   What else can they take based on policy changes?  More importantly, are they doing this to everyone?   This is truly scary stuff.  I had this for 18 months after leaving the program and poof....gone without so much as a message or e-mail saying why.  I had to go back and forth for 3 days until I finally receiv3ed an answer which is mind blowing.

I have never spoken poorly about the ST program.  I have never caused any problems as a ST or any position I have held.  I have been just about everything for WG except a CC.  This is not a violation of the NDA as we were always allowed to speak freely about awards for obvious reasons. It was great PR for the ST program.   People always asked and as long as we didnt explain what all you have to do to get the awards....we could talk about them in general terms.   

Try to imagine this:  Your current boss gives you an award for doing a good job so you display it in your office or on your desk.  18 months later  you get a new boss and he sees it, takes it and tells you its no longer valid due to a change in policy.

Edited by BaronVonTom
  • Cool 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
65
[-V1-]
Beta Testers
399 posts
9,679 battles

that sucks but not surprising. I got in as a st with wot's which at that point we barely got to test squat. I just quit cause when the super pershing came out we barely got it before they took it away for what ever bull pucky reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,341
[CAAT]
Members
2,331 posts
5,410 battles
7 minutes ago, BaronVonTom said:

So, as some know, I was a Super Tester during 2019.  Absolutely loved it and had no problems.  Especially working with Gneisenau013 and Winston.  Fantastic professionals that took good care of their volunteers, unlike WG who goes into your account and takes back what you earned and what you were told you could keep for a job well done.  Apparently anytime their policy changes they can do this.  This should scare the livin hell out of everyone.

So after a year of testing, I decided to call it quits and notified Gneis I would be leaving.   He established Jan 10th 2020 as my last day.  Here is the message he sent me on the wows forum:


Hey BaronVonTom!
Sorry to hear that you want out of the gulag! 
Totally understandable that you would like to step away and you've done quite a bit for the program!
The ST flag, and patch will be retired from you account once you move to the inactive roster. 
For your hard work and achievements, you may keep the ST emblem you earned as well as the Alabama ST!
If you decide to return, feel free to ping me and I can get you reinstated!
Sad to see you go but it was an honor to have you a part of the team!
#anchorsaweigh 

The important take from this is that I left on good terms and Gneis was so kind to allow me to keep the Master ST emblem.   On Jan 10th 2020 the removable things were taken from my account and they left in my account the Alabama ST, the kraken camo, and the Master St Emblem as promised by Gneis and earned by me.  

Fast forward 18 months to July 5th 2021 (18 months later).  I logged into my account after being gone for 7 days and saw a notification that said "Destinctive Insignia Removed".  I knew right away this was the Master ST emblem as it was no longer showing on my profile.  I used this emblem every time I played in game since getting it.   What I didnt know was why....no message as to why.....no e-mail informing me....NOTHING!!! 

So now the journey begins.  I opened a ticket to find out why they removed what I had clearly earned.  

For the last three days it has been a back and forth where I was told the first time......"this award only applies to current ST's."  So I sent them a copy of the message as you see above from Gneis.  The next response was if you have questions about rewards contact the ST awards manager.....which I tried to do in discord but the friend request would not go through...trying for 45 mins.   I dont have questions about rewards for ST's.  My question is simple...."Why did an employee of WG tell me I could keep this Master ST emblem for my hard work as a ST (I was top tester two quarters in a row) and 18 months later a different employee of WG goes into my account and takes it away?   Finally I got this reponse:

Dear BaronVonTom,

The heads of the testing department have revised the policy of awarding awards. At the moment, only a current ST member can have a patch. As for the flag, we returned it as a commemorative gift to your account.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

 

This is quite laughable.  First, it isnt a patch.  It is an emblem.   Secondly.....they are trying to appease me with a flag that means nothing.  The emblem was a beautiful design that everyone loved.  You dont get anything displaying this emblem.....its just beautifully designed.  I dont know who designed it or I would credit his/her genius.   Third, what gives WG the right to go into someones account and remove something they earned and something that was given to me by a WG employee for my hard work?  Because of a policy change?  Are you kidding me? 

So this means if they change the policy on the AlabamaST and the Kraken camo, I lose that too?????   What else can they take based on policy changes?  More importantly, are they doing this to everyone?   This is truly scary stuff.  I had this for 18 months after leaving the program and poof....gone without so much as a message or e-mail saying why.  I had to go back and forth for 3 days until I finally receiv3ed an answer which is mind blowing.

I have never spoken poorly about the ST program.  I have never caused any problems as a ST or any position I have held.  I have been just about everything for WG except a CC.  This is not a violation of the NDA as we were always allowed to speak freely about awards for obvious reasons. It was great PR for the ST program.   People always asked and as long as we didnt explain what all you have to do to get the awards....we could talk about them in general terms.   

 

Well geez, first Mouse and Chobittsu with the whole Yukon debacle courtesy of WG, now you and your Supertester emblem. It's like Wargaming WANTS drama or PR dumpster fires or something. I'm very sorry to hear they pulled this nonsense on you and took your special emblem! I too, would be very upset if say, they took my Collector's background patch or something!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,599
[-KIA-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers
6,538 posts
8,491 battles

Hey Baron, I remember you.

I'll make sure to pass this onto the ST Managers.

Just so you know too: The old ST Emblems were actually deleted from the game itself and replaced with different designs altogether.

There were 3 emblems and now there's a redesign and 4 emblems. You can find these if you extract them from the game. 

I believe GUI>Dogtags>Big

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,027
[TNP66]
[TNP66]
Beta Testers
2,538 posts
6,503 battles

It’s obvious that history is repeating itself those have been around a long time know what’s I mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
418
[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,187 posts
26,928 battles
Just now, Czevak said:

Hey Baron, I remember you.

I'll make sure to pass this onto the ST Managers.

Just so you know too: The old ST Emblems were actually deleted from the game itself and replaced with a different designs.

There were 3 emblems and now there's a redesign and 4 emblems. You can find these if you extract them from the game. 

I believe GUI>Dogtags>Big

Thank you for the response.  I absolutely loved the program and just cannot figure out why they did this.   It didnt give me anything it was just very beautiful design.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,430
[UNHLY]
Members
3,480 posts
26,609 battles
24 minutes ago, BaronVonTom said:

Fast forward 18 months to July 5th 2021 (18 months later).  I logged into my account after being gone for 7 days and saw a notification that said "Destinctive Insignia Removed".  I knew right away this was the Master ST emblem as it was no longer showing on my profile.  I used this emblem every time I played in game since getting it.   What I didnt know was why....no message as to why.....no e-mail informing me....NOTHING!!! 

Good lord WG, STOP TAKING STUPID PILLS :Smile_facepalm:

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,874
[YORHA]
Members
5,452 posts
10,752 battles

The worst thing about this is not what they did, but how bloody petty it is.  This  is the product of small minds with an exaggerated sense of their own self importance..

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
418
[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,187 posts
26,928 battles
17 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

The worst thing about this is not what they did, but how bloody petty it is.  This  is the product of small minds with an exaggerated sense of their own self importance..

yea I kinda got that impression.  What is surprising is I actually thought they gave people this emblem when they left as a parting thank you if they left on good terms and did a good job.  Seems like a good thing to do and something that makes the ST's look really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
369
[MUG-T]
Members
797 posts
4,276 battles

Another one for the WeeGee evil list. I wish you luck getting it back, but knowing WeeGee, you'll need lots of said luck. 

Right now I'm just waiting for LWM and Chobi's go ahead to dispense with the civility against the evil WeeGee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
418
[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,187 posts
26,928 battles
11 hours ago, frankfletcher_1 said:

Another one for the WeeGee evil list. I wish you luck getting it back, but knowing WeeGee, you'll need lots of said luck. 

Right now I'm just waiting for LWM and Chobi's go ahead to dispense with the civility against the evil WeeGee.

Yea....this is no way shape or form comes close to comparing to what happened with mouseee and Chobi.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
369
[MUG-T]
Members
797 posts
4,276 battles
9 hours ago, BaronVonTom said:

Yea....this is no way shape or form comes close to comparing to what happened with mouseee and Chobi.  

Not saying it is, just saying that this is typical WG behavior

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,030
[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,698 battles
21 hours ago, frankfletcher_1 said:

 

Right now I'm just waiting for LWM and Chobi's go ahead to dispense with the civility against the evil WeeGee.

Dunno if that'll happen, I'm not familiar with Chobittsu, but Mouse seems too classy for that. (not to mention Canadian lol)

Edited by Skpstr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
369
[MUG-T]
Members
797 posts
4,276 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

Dunno if that'll happen, I'm not familiar with Chobittsu, but Mouse seems too classy for that. (not to mention Canadian lol)

Obviously you didn't hear about The Great Chain Axe Massacre of '19, when Mouse committed war crimes against those who took IFHE on 203mm guns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,030
[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,698 battles
2 minutes ago, frankfletcher_1 said:

Obviously you didn't hear about The Great Chain Axe Massacre of '19, when Mouse committed war crimes against those who took IFHE on 203mm guns

I never meant to imply she wasn't homicidal, just classy lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,388
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,052 posts

He giveth and he taketh away.

If you like the insignia so much, reinstate yourself as a ST. Done. That confirms to their policy of only current testers can hold it.

If you someday own a company and can dictate policy then you can allow those to keep insignias. But as long you are running under Wows roof as it were you either go with what they tell you can keep or not keep or you can get out and find another game to be involved in.

The communication part is not as precise as one would think possible on the internet. So they will only tell you this but not that. Or something else. I am not a tester and dont care to be one. Ive been in plenty of betas and testing for close to 20 years and completely burned out on it. I am essentially free to come and go with whatever little game I have going on. Communication, such as it is consists of crossing swords. That gets boring after a time.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,437
[-BCO-]
Members
3,026 posts
5,265 battles
On 7/8/2021 at 3:38 AM, tm63au said:

Good lord WG, STOP TAKING STUPID PILLS :Smile_facepalm:

Its da nature not the pills....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[KSE]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
618 posts
7,062 battles

I checked and had mine removed as well. Is this something I should put a ticket in for @Czevak?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
418
[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,187 posts
26,928 battles
1 hour ago, Felix_the_Fox said:

I checked and had mine removed as well. Is this something I should put a ticket in for @Czevak?

I would put one in although they will send you in circles with contact info for the Russian ST manager.  But at least there will be more tickets on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×