Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Average_Joe

Narai team spawn locations

19 comments in this topic

Members
620 posts
29,523 battles

I play Ops a lot.  All day today I have spawned behind the transports and at the back of the team.  I've played several games in Helena, Flint, and Atlanta.  How does WG set up the spawn locations?  I enjoy being 'on point' for the first wave and can't seem to buy that spot today.  Any ideas why?  Do I need to give WG some cash again?  :Smile_coin:  

[CO-OP]
Members
5,206 posts
43,379 battles

As far as spawn locations for ops, it seems to be is completely random.  I was in a Leander and spawned in back with the carrier in Killer Whale earlier this week (behind 3 battleships.)

[_PVE_]
Members
274 posts
27,698 battles
17 minutes ago, Average_Joe___ said:

I play Ops a lot.  All day today I have spawned behind the transports and at the back of the team.  I've played several games in Helena, Flint, and Atlanta.  How does WG set up the spawn locations?  I enjoy being 'on point' for the first wave and can't seem to buy that spot today.  Any ideas why?  Do I need to give WG some cash again?  :Smile_coin:  

17 minutes ago, Average_Joe___ said:

Played 3 ops today Boise Colorado Atlanta spawned in back in cruisers and front in Colorado.

[RLGN]
Members
19,167 posts
35,208 battles
12 minutes ago, magnum196940 said:

Played 3 ops today Boise Colorado Atlanta spawned in back in cruisers and front in Colorado.

Isn’t being in front good for Colorado?

It should mean you don’t have to work your hamsters to death to get somewhere…

[_PVE_]
Members
274 posts
27,698 battles
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I had a phone call to take so switched from Scharnhorst to Colorado.I know I’m not the only one who does this slow ships are convenient sometimes!

Members
620 posts
29,523 battles

I switched to Fiji and spawned in back but on the north side of the fleet.  Switched back to Helena and returned to the back of the middle.  :Smile-angry:

CO is great once she drifts into the harbor.  Not as good as Scharnhorst, but still good.

[USCC]
Members
3,912 posts
19,270 battles

Is Scharnhorst a decent BB for this op? Been so long since I've played any ops, I have no idea any more. lol
I know Atlanta works well, as does Flint.

Edited by SpudZero

[CO-OP]
Members
5,206 posts
43,379 battles
21 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Is Scharnhorst a decent BB for this op? Been so long since I've played any ops, I have no idea any more. lol

Scharnhorst is good for Narai, although cruisers tend to do better due to being faster, and quicker guns.  Fiji is arguably better than Atlanta/Flint since she has a heal.

[WPORT]
Members
20,793 posts
22,691 battles
21 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Scharnhorst and Scharnhorst-B are excellent for Scenario Operation Narai.  :-)
20210707_205617_PGSB597-Black-Scharnhorst_s07_Advance.wowsreplay

If you don't have one of them, the Gneisenau is a close second.  Fewer guns, but larger diameter barrels.  Same torpedoes.  Slightly faster top-speed.  Gud 'bote.

Also Strasbourg is fun, too.  :-)
20210707_203849_PFSB507-Strasbourg_s07_Advance.wowsreplay

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,535 posts
29,684 battles
26 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Scharnhorst, Nelson, and Strasbourg are my favorite BB for Narai. My favorite cruisers are pretty much any light cruiser Boise/Nueve De Julio, Hotlanta, Flint, Abbruzi, Lazo. Belfast not so much for some reason...

[WPORT]
Members
20,793 posts
22,691 battles
1 minute ago, SpudZero said:

Awesome, thanks guys :Smile_honoring:

:cap_like:

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
672 posts
27,276 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Yep it is true,  every BBs favourite spot to get that first swing at one-shotting Wyoming.  :etc_red_button:    

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,197 posts
2 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

Scharnhorst is good for Narai, although cruisers tend to do better due to being faster, and quicker guns.  Fiji is arguably better than Atlanta/Flint since she has a heal.

I had 361k game in a Sinop earlier today.  Got busy grilling a steak later and forgot to save pics :(

[H_]
Members
993 posts
16,744 battles

I think the Scharnhort is the goto BB for Nari,  there are of course many other good choices but Scharny is the best to me.  Fiji by far the best cruiser for the scenario..  Many of the other cruisers work great as well..  For some reason if you take the Schors it's like you have a big X on you that says "SHOOT ME"  

Still think it's the best of the scenarios.. 

Have had some decent success with DD's as well.. Try doing Nari with just 4 players to start with.. get's a bit harder. 

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
672 posts
27,276 battles

Don't have the Scharnhorst,  and owned Gneisenau & Lutjens only a month now.  I now get why people are so high on these ships, and that Captain combo.

You have to balance the aggression and pushes really well.  And maybe some luck with where teammates are.  But I think I received 5-6 Capt heals in one match and toward the last few waves I got 3 heals in about 90 seconds or less.

[CUDA]
Members
1,451 posts
13,969 battles
11 hours ago, LabradorRetriever said:

Don't have the Scharnhorst,  and owned Gneisenau & Lutjens only a month now.  I now get why people are so high on these ships, and that Captain combo.

You have to balance the aggression and pushes really well.  And maybe some luck with where teammates are.  But I think I received 5-6 Capt heals in one match and toward the last few waves I got 3 heals in about 90 seconds or less.

I sold Gneisenau after working up to the Misbark. Scharnhorst is way more fun. Six gun BB's is pretty much a non-starter for me.

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
646 posts
On 7/8/2021 at 10:04 AM, SpudZero said:

I just played this match. Nothing really special but interestingly the top two were Scharns. I think the other player went CV route in theirs.

No signal flags at all. But a full secondary build helps this out (21pt GK Capt). 

scharn.jpg

• Thanks 1

[USCC]
Members
3,912 posts
19,270 battles
1 hour ago, xamdam said:

I just played this match. Nothing really special but interestingly the top two were Scharns. I think the other player went CV route in theirs.

No signal flags at all. But a full secondary build helps this out (21pt GK Capt). 

scharn.jpg

Awesome!

• Cool 1