Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
pepe_trueno

anyone else notice that (new german BBS)

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,330 posts
8,592 battles

that starting from t8 + they get this double barrel secondary guns in a casemate, they looked familiar to me so i look around and guess what

sec.thumb.jpg.8983be4841d874fc82563b1c647a3b32.jpg

is it finaly happening?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,029 posts
21,127 battles

Is what finally happening?
 

WG nerfing the hell out of BB secondaries, only to then release a line with vaguely unterrible secondaries to make us grateful for getting boned in the first place? (While also continuing their unbroken streak of make the Zeppelin less appealing every release)?

  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,347 posts
3,059 battles
31 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

is it finaly happening?

What is "it"? Graf Zeppelin is not the only ship with those anyways.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,330 posts
8,592 battles
18 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

What is "it"? Graf Zeppelin is not the only ship with those anyways.

wich other ship has those as secondary guns?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
541
[CAZA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
587 posts
8,783 battles
4 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

wich other ship has those as secondary guns?

Loewenhardt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,255
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,105 posts
30,874 battles

Just because a ship has the same gun as another ship, do not expect the same performance.

 

Fantastic example:  The USN 127mm/38 guns as found on many of their ships.  Excluding the many DDs and Atlanta-class that use the guns, tons of USN ships use the 127mm/38 as secondary guns on their Cruisers, Battleships, even Carriers.  Yet their performance is not the same.  The EXACT SAME 127mm/38 guns as found on the bulk of USN secondaries do not shoot as fast, as far, nor are as accurate as the ones found on Massachusetts and Georgia.

Here's VIII North Carolina as an example.  Now compare the 127mm secondaries to same tier Massachusetts.  Do the same again with Iowa, Missouri compared to Georgia, all 3 are Tier IXs, and laugh at the differences again.

 

Ohio and Montana use the EXACT SAME 127mm/54 guns in Tier X, but Montana's have shorter range, are far less accurate, fire slower than Ohio's.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,577
[CAAT]
Members
6,206 posts
8,031 battles
1 hour ago, pepe_trueno said:

that starting from t8 + they get this double barrel secondary guns in a casemate, they looked familiar to me so i look around and guess what

sec.thumb.jpg.8983be4841d874fc82563b1c647a3b32.jpg

is it finaly happening?

 

 

Yeah, I noticed those, I thought they were pretty interesting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,577
[CAAT]
Members
6,206 posts
8,031 battles
1 hour ago, Telastyn said:

Is what finally happening?
 

WG nerfing the hell out of BB secondaries, only to then release a line with vaguely unterrible secondaries to make us grateful for getting boned in the first place? (While also continuing their unbroken streak of make the Zeppelin less appealing every release)?

Don't worry, I will continue to advocate for secondaries accuracy to be buffed. No amount of new ships with unterrible secondaries will stop me :P

I mean really, it's as easy as buffing ISBA to -45% dispersion. It'll solve a LOT of secondaries accuracy issues. AND yes, it'll reign in the overperforming USN secondaries ships (you know the ones, Mass, Georgia, Ohio). Although, I still say even THEY got over-nerfed with the secondaries accuracy loss. Battleships without built-in dispersion buffs, even moreso.

And if they can't do that, well then, fine, borrow the idea from WoWs Legends. Make the Hannover secondaries boost ability a consumable. Give it to BBs as an option over their spotter/fighter.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
450
[T2IOF]
Members
890 posts
4,915 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Just because a ship has the same gun as another ship, do not expect the same performance.

 

Fantastic example:  The USN 127mm/38 guns as found on many of their ships.  Excluding the many DDs and Atlanta-class that use the guns, tons of USN ships use the 127mm/38 as secondary guns on their Cruisers, Battleships, even Carriers.  Yet their performance is not the same.  The EXACT SAME 127mm/38 guns as found on the bulk of USN secondaries do not shoot as fast, as far, nor are as accurate as the ones found on Massachusetts and Georgia.

Here's VIII North Carolina as an example.  Now compare the 127mm secondaries to same tier Massachusetts.  Do the same again with Iowa, Missouri compared to Georgia, all 3 are Tier IXs, and laugh at the differences again.

 

Ohio and Montana use the EXACT SAME 127mm/54 guns in Tier X, but Montana's have shorter range, are far less accurate, fire slower than Ohio's.

I might buy a ship with secondaries that had similar parameters to the ones on Gearing (base)

In exchange it would have 50% less guns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,252
[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,787 posts
20,722 battles
11 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Just because a ship has the same gun as another ship, do not expect the same performance.

Ohio and Montana use the EXACT SAME 127mm/54 guns in Tier X, but Montana's have shorter range, are far less accurate, fire slower than Ohio's.

Midway also has the 127mm54 in single barrel form.

But I do agree, it is laughable the difference the same gun experiences across all the tiers and ships it is on.

 

 

11 hours ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Don't worry, I will continue to advocate for secondaries accuracy to be buffed. No amount of new ships with unterrible secondaries will stop me :P

I mean really, it's as easy as buffing ISBA to -45% dispersion. It'll solve a LOT of secondaries accuracy issues. AND yes, it'll reign in the overperforming USN secondaries ships (you know the ones, Mass, Georgia, Ohio). Although, I still say even THEY got over-nerfed with the secondaries accuracy loss. Battleships without built-in dispersion buffs, even moreso.

And if they can't do that, well then, fine, borrow the idea from WoWs Legends. Make the Hannover secondaries boost ability a consumable. Give it to BBs as an option over their spotter/fighter.

Quote

I am Sailor Moon, the champion of secondaries! In the name of the moon, I will right wrong and triumph over dispersion… and that means you!

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,361
[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
11 hours ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Don't worry, I will continue to advocate for secondaries accuracy to be buffed. No amount of new ships with unterrible secondaries will stop me :P

I mean really, it's as easy as buffing ISBA to -45% dispersion. It'll solve a LOT of secondaries accuracy issues. AND yes, it'll reign in the overperforming USN secondaries ships (you know the ones, Mass, Georgia, Ohio). Although, I still say even THEY got over-nerfed with the secondaries accuracy loss. Battleships without built-in dispersion buffs, even moreso.

And if they can't do that, well then, fine, borrow the idea from WoWs Legends. Make the Hannover secondaries boost ability a consumable. Give it to BBs as an option over their spotter/fighter.

That secondary boost consumable would be so nice to have!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,577
[CAAT]
Members
6,206 posts
8,031 battles
6 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

I am Sailor Moon, the champion of secondaries! In the name of the moon, I will right wrong and triumph over dispersion… and that means you!

You are the BEST! You did this btw, you made me update my signature, check it out!! I made some slight modifications, but it's too good to NOT use! Thank you!!

Teste Sailor GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×