You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Igiby100

Aoba is stupid

13 comments in this topic

Members
103 posts
1,170 battles

Was playing a ranked game in Aoba. Went to one flank, alone. Got blapped by Nelson and Nagato (their DD spotted me, ours didn't spot them, so I didn't know I was broadside to BBs), dropping me to 8k HP. I then proceeded to hold the flank alone. This ship is stupid. So fast, so agile, with 11 second 203s. Got like 75 HE hits, and like 8 fires. Dropped torps when ready, and got like 3-5 hits for like 40k. Kept getting floods/fires. DDs couldn't torp me, and BBs couldn't shoot me. Finally died to a Dallas when i got ambushed with my torps on reload. Got like 1.2 million potential damage and like 80k damage dealt. Just me, or are kiting cruisers stupidly un-fun to play against? I know the Aoba is a blast to play, and a royal pain to play against.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[RLGN]
Members
19,167 posts
35,208 battles

Can’t tell if you like it or hate it…

Personally prefer Furutaka.

• Cool 3

[META_]
Members
1,963 posts
23,082 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

It's bait prophet , everything he starts is a complaint 

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,793 posts
22,691 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

+1

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
1,963 posts
23,082 battles
28 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

+1

I actually love Myoko and Atago 

• Cool 2

[WPORT]
Members
20,793 posts
22,691 battles
27 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

I actually love Myoko and Atago 

I prefer the IJN Cruisers that have forward-firing torpedo-launching arcs more that the Cruisers with aft-only torpedo launching arcs, personally.
It's not like I can't play them, it's just that it is a continual source of frustration for me.
Furutaka, Atago/Atago-B/Takao/Maya, and others offer a more flexible set-up, in my opinion.

• Cool 1

Members
103 posts
1,170 battles
19 hours ago, Meta_Man said:

It's bait prophet , everything he starts is a complaint 

Not true. I do have a bad habit of phrasing everything like a complaint. Mostly, I know what I should be doing, but can't make it work. In the case of the Aoba, I love playing it, and hate playing against it. 

[META_]
Members
1,963 posts
23,082 battles

3 of the last 4 posts started , you hate auba,Colorado, izmail....we all get frustrated and feel the game is against us but mist of the time it's our fault for hitting armor that's too thick..not noticing angles...shooting when vulnerable......I have a lot of videos that show mechanics..if for instance you are getting shatters you should be hitting bow ,stern, or superstructure....you seem.to like the Colorado besides what your post says,lol...if you are looking for a seal clubber West Virginia is a stock Colorado at tier 6...that means 406s at tier 6 ...you can shoot through everything through the bow till tier 8.....it reminds me of a tier 6 musashi.....I was just pointing out you make a lot of negative posts about shops and maybe you could use a little help with mechanics...good luck captain 

Members
103 posts
1,170 battles
On 7/8/2021 at 1:30 PM, Meta_Man said:

3 of the last 4 posts started , you hate auba,Colorado, izmail....

Unfortunately, you go on to make a number of points that I wish were not true, but I have to admit are. However, I never complained about Izmail or Aoba. I like Aoba quite a lot, and just find it frustrating to play against (this is true for any ship played well). I asked about penetration with the Izmail, as I citadeled it through the deck but shattered on its broadside. Other than that, yes, you are right. I will try to fix this.

• Cool 1

[FRFR]
Members
1,676 posts

OP, we all get frustrated with this game.  There are a lot of mechanics that aren’t well explained, and it takes a while to figure them all out.  Sounds like you’re starting to do that with Aoba.  That’s the fun of this game, IMHO.  When something starts to click and all of a sudden you’re making a ship work.

I personally enjoyed Aoba.  It is a bit of a troll.  It doesn’t have any one thing that is outstanding, but is a really nice package. Furutaka is better tier-for-tier, but so what?  Play the ships as you grind up the line, and then just play the ships you like.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,860 posts
30,566 battles

I loved Kuma and Furry Taco so when I unlocked Aoba, was super stoked. Even bought the perm camo for her to help with the grind. Then I played her. Played her again and again. It was awful so I thought maybe she needed the upgrades. Spent FXP on that and still, the ship was just an awful experience for me. That was a long time ago and it taught me some very valuable lessons. I have played the ship since and I still dislike it. It sits in port with a zero point captain and no equipment and is used only for snowflake events. When the captain rework was implemented, my 16 point Aoba captain was the first one I sold off. 

I love cruisers and cruiser play but Aoba just isn't interesting or enjoyable enough to play. Once the grind is done, sell her or keep her for snowflakes. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[XMAXX]
Members
12 posts
5,651 battles

Yeah I liked her so much I didn't sell once I started the grind up to t7 (I loved the Fury-taco but the Aoba is basically the same ship and unless they do t5 brawls no point in having both). The Myoko sadly isn't quite as fun yet.

[WPORT]
Members
20,793 posts
22,691 battles

Edited:  Accidental double post in a topic I'd already posted in.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws