Mademoisail

Command Center Opening Event & New Ships

56 comments in this topic

Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,053 posts
548 battles

For those curious on the designs for tier VII-X, mostly likely designs and their main armament (If the devs didn't change that from the original designs):

Tier VII: Ersatz Yorck (4x2 38cm)
Tier VIII: GK 4532 (3x2 42cm) (Not completely certain on this, could be 4531, but due to the angle of the model I can't see how far apart the aft turrets are)
Tier IX: GK 4541 (4x2 42cm)
Tier X: GK 5041 (4x2 42cm)

If someone is curious what the numbers mean, first 2 numbers is tonnage, 45 = 45,000 tons. third number is the number of turrets, 3 meaning 3x2, 4 is 4x2, etc. Then the last number, if memory serves right, basically means variant/version/option/whatever is a better way to explain that I can't think of (ex. 4531 being the first design proposed, 4532 being the second proposed design, etc.)

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles
21 minutes ago, Angel_With_A_Shotgun said:

Any reason why we cant get more historical ships that were built rather then ones that are fiction?

Everything up to tiers III, IV, V was fully built and fought, tier VI was in various stages of completion, and work on the tier VII had started but didn't proceed much before the war ended. Tiers VIII, IX, X as stated above didn't go beyond the planning stage. That's quite a bit if we go by "built in steel" rules.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 3

[CAAT]
Members
6,259 posts
8,033 battles

And now, with the FULL 2nd battleship line becoming a reality, let's hope that Wargaming sees fit to fill out the USN BB splitline to a full-fledged USN 2nd BB line!

Simply add:

Tier III Delaware

Tier IV Florida

Tier V Nevada

Tier VI Pennsylvania

Tier VII Tennessee

• Cool 6

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles

Don’t object in any manner to the line itself; but until they release an SMS Sedlitz, (with some form of super heal,) my excitement will remain low.

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles
4 minutes ago, BuffyThePotatoSlayer said:

I don't think the tier 8 will be getting any invites to the prom....

That forward superstructure...

...with the turret design, it looks like the offspring of a Graf Spee and a Bayern.

[WOLFG]
Members
17,114 posts
20,488 battles
17 minutes ago, BuffyThePotatoSlayer said:

That's a two bagger.

[BONKY]
Members
2,282 posts
26,807 battles

The T8 giving Kearsage a run for its money as the new ugly thing of the year.

I do find it funny these ships are meant for short range combat, considering these are battlecruisers that generally shouldn’t find themselves in a slugging match against other battleships, but then again, German battle cruisers tended to not explode when shot at and were damn near impossible to sink even with the entire Grand Fleet blasting away at them

And Incomparable, the ultimate napkin drawing that could only of existed in the mind of the madman who created it. Also, why do I foresee this being the second coming of Georgia and Thunderer, with added Shittyshima? Cause good lord a British 508mm shell will probably have around 19k AP alpha, about 9-9.3k HE alpha (basically being citadelled by an Alaska or Stalingrad) 127mm HE pen, and a HE blast zone that probably just has to hit in the same grid square as its target to break something, and Thunderer dispersion. This thing could be disgusting

[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,046 posts
32,986 battles

Not very excited about these. Not sure what there is to offer outside of what already exists. Also, while not a stickler for historical ships only by any means, the number of paper ships coming out compared to historical ships is off-putting. That's not because I'm against adding paper ships but because there are only limited ideas for ships and using them on paper ships is just going to make historical ships with those same traits feel more like copypasta boats. Also, though I'm being bias, when is the IJN tech tree going to get anything new? The only IJN ships we get anymore that are unique and/or new are premiums?

[WOLF8]
Members
9,259 posts
7,537 battles
1 hour ago, Panzer20000 said:

Tier VII: Ersatz Yorck (4x2 38cm)
Tier VIII: GK 4532 (3x2 42cm) (Not completely certain on this, could be 4531, but due to the angle of the model I can't see how far apart the aft turrets are)
Tier IX: GK 4541 (4x2 42cm)
Tier X: GK 5041 (4x2 42cm)

Hmm. I understand that these ships have fewer guns and less ranges than the main line counterparts, but I was hoping for a more of "smaller caliber, faster reload" playstyle. I donno, maybe it's just me... we'll just have to see how the line turns out to be, lol. :Smile_hiding:

Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,053 posts
548 battles
9 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Hmm. I understand that these ships have fewer guns and less ranges than the main line counterparts, but I was hoping for a more of "smaller caliber, faster reload" playstyle. I donno, maybe it's just me... we'll just have to see how the line turns out to be, lol. :Smile_hiding:

they could still do a faster reload playstyle, considering most of the ships either have a lower caliber for the tier or fewer guns then their contemporaries. If they have a lower reload I can't see it being less then 24, MAYBE 23, seconds, but that's still pretty fast, especially if you take MBM3. Of course, this also assumes the devs don't do a "you have triple 38cm or double 42cm option, decide" for tier VIII-X, but I doubt that will be the case.

There is also the torpedoes, which I see on tier VIII-X, and maybe on the VII in a little cut out toward the aft, which could also play a role when they brawl. Either way, gotta wait for the stats (watch it turn out that schlieffen ends up booking it around the map at like 35 knots base line or something)

[WPORT]
Members
20,719 posts
22,656 battles

:cap_popcorn:

Beta Testers
1,817 posts
6,670 battles
2 hours ago, BuffyThePotatoSlayer said:

That forward superstructure is just… Chonk. 

Members
477 posts
10,145 battles

German battlecruisers.  Good.

However this does bring up a question.  What flag would any Ottoman Empire run ships be under?  Pan-European or Pan-Asian?

Members
128 posts
2,134 battles

I’m excited to play these battlecruisers, but I don’t know how to feel about them being short range brawlers. On one hand I kinda expected the German BC’s to be a line of Georgia’s, on the other hand I don’t really have a problem with them having the afford mentioned basis for the line. 

(Granted we don’t have stats yet so they could simply have guns with very little range but exceptional accuracy and penetration.)

[4_0_4]
Members
334 posts
2,244 battles

What does the “Command Center” do?  They announced that it’s open, but I don’t see a description of what it’s function is.

Edit: Found it.

https://www.pcgamer.com/you-can-now-play-world-of-warships-on-an-actual-warship/

Edited by rallybackmonkey
Found answer to question

[T2IOF]
Members
890 posts
4,915 battles

1. There goes the Japanese monopoly on 32mm overmatch (unless you count Hannover)

2. IMO Prinz Heinrich should be saved for P-class battlecruiser

3. I like the idea of German CB line

4. *Sees T8*

ZtDUMjIb_400x400.jpg.f98e6d42ca065419431b8aa7c60dc916.jpg

[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles
1 hour ago, ithekro said:

What flag would any Ottoman Empire run ships be under?  Pan-European or Pan-Asian?

Pan-European. Asia is firmly to the east of India, Turkey well to the west. There is no way it can be considered Asiatic, Roman-era names like "Asia Minor" notwithstanding.

If WG wanted to run a dual-nation Goeben/Yavuz Sultan Selim, I'd have no objection to that.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,887 posts
17,696 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Dockyard ship for the launch event?

a T4/5 Dockyard? i feel like thatd be alot of work for such a low tier ship, more than likely itd come in the form of a ship youd either get through a mission chain like Indianapolis was or the final reward for completing a collection, which i believe Oklahoma was