You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SlartiBartFastE2

WG. Please return flag rewards

12 comments in this topic

Members
86 posts
17,861 battles

Ah, good old days when you were actually rewarded with goods for good performance - not just (now) meaningless icons...

For example - for this game I would get 3M+ credits worth of flags, which now have to be bought...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5d4e045bd677a29e2ad71fb15743fb8d.png

Question: why WG did this? Please anybody can think of anything but greed driving this decision? Seriously - we often blame without reason. But this flag business - why?

p.s. Italian BBs ain't that bad

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

Members
2,100 posts

would not surprise me that all the signals you didnt get for your achievements show up in an auction for 85 mil credits  

Members
86 posts
17,861 battles
18 minutes ago, arch4random said:

would not surprise me that all the signals you didnt get for your achievements show up in an auction for 85 mil credits  

yep, sometimes i feel WG looks at server population and think: "Hmm... people still playing this game - what else can we do to stop them?..."

[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,051 posts
32,995 battles

Honestly, I usually think that players accusing WG of trying to con their money with evil conspiracies sound stupid. However, on this one, I've become one of those people that believes this is intended to encourage the purchase of credits from the premium store. The exchange rates of credits for flags are way too low for anyone that plays this game a lot. I see no other reason to take away 10 flags a day outside of trying to take credits from players and encourage purchasing credits in the premium shop.

[WOLFG]
Members
17,121 posts
20,520 battles
6 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Honestly, I usually think that players accusing WG of trying to con their money with evil conspiracies sound stupid. However, on this one, I've become one of those people that believes this is intended to encourage the purchase of credits from the premium store. The exchange rates of credits for flags are way too low for anyone that plays this game a lot. I see no other reason to take away 10 flags a day outside of trying to take credits from players and encourage purchasing credits in the premium shop.

Probably add in playing credit earners (premiums, expensive ones).

Members
86 posts
17,861 battles
18 hours ago, TheBudster said:

Ya think?

i remember one of developer friday streams on twitch when it was said something along this line: we don't care until people start quitting. (that was said about steamrolls)

so in this light all later decisions (double-cv in next cb, no flag rewards, pushing submarines into ranked) seems strong business decisions - people still not quitting.

remember - its not about you being happy - its about you being motivated to spend some more

[SIM]
Members
30 posts
16,291 battles

Yeah, it is just greed. There is no player positive reason. 

If all the players who are dissatisfied with WG stopped giving them money today, they would go out of business tomorrow.