Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
lallave

Installation Issues

4 comments in this topic

Members
119 posts
8,434 battles

Hi everyone. I am using the forum because the player support robot is a joke.

Here is my issue. I am trying to install WOW 10.5 on a new Dell Inspiron laptop with a Ryzen 7 processor, Radeon Graphics card, 8GB Ram, 512 SSD HD and it is not working. Here are some of the issues. My shooting crosshairs does not output distance and time to target. The priority target for secondary armaments function does not work. I get no HP bar on my targets so I can't tell damage. In the armory, I get blank screens or items are listed but no accompanying graphics. I have uninstalled and installed 2x with the same results. 

In addition, Check and Repair doesn't work. It freezes during the integrity check or it does the integrity and then tells me that updates are not available. The WOW app is unblocked in my firewall so it is not that. 

I have been using a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series laptop with a 5th generation i5 and it works perfectly for WOW. Never had an issue, since I started one year ago. All updates successful. Very happy with it. 

Has anyone else had this experience with a Ryzen 7 processor. All the research I did says that the R7 is as good as if not better than the i7 Intel. Help. Or I am sending the Ryzen back to Dell. 

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,523 battles

It's not your hardware, it's a software issue.

A couple of things sound like settings issues, make sure you have everything checked that you want and your alternative interface settings are good.

Still, sounds like a bad install but weird if you've done it three times already. Are you having issues with any other games? What else is on your SSD? I'm thinking that maybe something is up with the SSD. Is it new as well?

Members
119 posts
8,434 battles

My

28 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

It's not your hardware, it's a software issue.

A couple of things sound like settings issues, make sure you have everything checked that you want and your alternative interface settings are good.

Still, sounds like a bad install but weird if you've done it three times already. Are you having issues with any other games? What else is on your SSD? I'm thinking that maybe something is up with the SSD. Is it new as well?

Brand new SSD. No apps on it right now except WOW. My settings on this Ryzen7 laptop are exactly the same as the settings on my i5 laptop.  I had similar problems a year ago when I first started. I was using a Dell desktop with an i3 processor. That is when I upgraded to an i5 and it made a huge difference. I thought going to a Ryzen 7 would be another upgrade.WOW is the only video game I play.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,523 battles
46 minutes ago, lallave said:

My

Brand new SSD. No apps on it right now except WOW. My settings on this Ryzen7 laptop are exactly the same as the settings on my i5 laptop.  I had similar problems a year ago when I first started. I was using a Dell desktop with an i3 processor. That is when I upgraded to an i5 and it made a huge difference. I thought going to a Ryzen 7 would be another upgrade.WOW is the only video game I play.

Have you updated drivers for the new laptop? The pre-installed ones aren't the most up to date usually and that can cause issues. I'd check those, especially the gpu ones.

Edited by AJTP89
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this