You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hunter_Steel

The Upcoming German Tier VIII Battlecruiser, Zieten

54 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles

This thing is ugly. It's a squashed Bayern with a Deutschland mast on it lmbo

phpjHClfD

This odd-ball is probably going to be the ship everyone skips in the line, not sure, but good god that is an odd ship. She gives Lyon a run for her money and Izumo just remains the beauty Queen in this case

~Hunter

4,630 posts
5,107 battles
Just now, Ghawain said:

I think it only has six guns. Scary.

Six guns at Tier 8 is questionable at best

~Hunter

4,630 posts
5,107 battles
6 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I think the Germans were jealous of the Dutch.

phpGBGPhm-1.thumb.jpg.8f33e49aa632c59ef737c47ecece5267.jpg

Notice any similarities?

Yeah but this is Tier V
Couple of battles and you're through, never to look at it again.
Zieten is Tier 8, which means a bunch of battles looking at, whatever that is lol

~Hunter

Alpha Tester
1,475 posts
829 battles

The Zumwalt class called it wants it triangle shaped superstructure back.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,701 posts
26,569 battles
41 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

Six guns at Tier 8 is questionable at best

That's what they said about georgia at T9 too. And Shikishima at T10.

• Cool 3

4,630 posts
5,107 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

That's what they said about georgia at T9 too. And Shikishima at T10.

Yeah and I hear people complain about Georgia while Shikishima has that beautiful 2.1 Sigma to compensate.

We'll see when stats are announced, hopefully they aren't as bad as the ship looks lol

~Hunter

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,701 posts
26,569 battles
1 minute ago, Hunter_Steel said:

Yeah and I hear people complain about Georgia

... You do? I always thought it's a much liked ship despite only having 6 rifles.

4,630 posts
5,107 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

... You do? I always thought it's a much liked ship despite only having 6 rifles.

I do, seen a lot of complaints of the wonky accuracy, then again I believe its just confirmation bias. Honestly wish I got a Georgia.

Hoping Zieten at least gets some accuracy to compensate so she's not just a Gneisenau at tier 8 with reversed gun setup.

~Hunter

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,701 posts
26,569 battles
3 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

I do, seen a lot of complaints of the wonky accuracy, then again I believe its just confirmation bias. Honestly wish I got a Georgia.

Perhaps. She's fun though, I do like her.

3 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

Hoping Zieten at least gets some accuracy to compensate so she's not just a Gneisenau at tier 8 with reversed gun setup.

It's less likely shell get boosted accuracy and more likely she'll get other buffs to balance out the main battery, like Georgia did.

My main point is that decrying a ship as bad based simply on the number of main battery guns is a bit short sighted. Time will tell. I dislike Zieten because she's ugly af, but that's irrelevant to her performance. Maybe WG will make her the 'free xp to skip the grind' ship in the line, we'll see. It's a long time yet before she lands.

Edited by Lert

[ARGSY]
Members
31,019 posts
29,201 battles
1 hour ago, Hunter_Steel said:

This thing is ugly.

This thing is the Hulk to Bruce Banner's Nurnberg. :Smile_hiding:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
9,312 posts
18,887 battles

Born in the ugly drydock and fell out and hit every beam of the ugly cranes on the way down.

A true abomination.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Members
3,342 posts
3,044 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This thing is the Hulk to Bruce Banner's Nurnberg. :Smile_hiding:

But the Nurnberg is the Hulk to Bruce Banner's Elbing? :cap_yes:

1 hour ago, Hunter_Steel said:

Couple of battles and you're through, never to look at it again.
Zieten is Tier 8, which means a bunch of battles looking at, whatever that is lol

This is under the assumption that everyone grinds to top tier ASAP. And also that they sell old ships. @Lert is probably not selling his Celebes.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,019 posts
29,201 battles
18 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

But the Nurnberg is the Hulk to Bruce Banner's Elbing?

Find a friend who has the Elbing and set up a training room battle with the Nurnberg. Find out by experiment. :cap_haloween: Report back.

[MELON]
Members
1,081 posts
3,022 battles

The ships just got reveal and aren't even out and the forum community is already complaining

4,630 posts
5,107 battles
14 minutes ago, Koogus said:

The ships just got reveal and aren't even out and the forum community is already complaining

I'm complaining on looks lol
It's like the Kearsaarge, just nowhere near as ugly.

~Hunter

[LSNB]
Members
1,809 posts
7,582 battles

A new German battlecruiser line? These might have been historical designs, but I agree; the T8 looks terrible.

The blog post mentioned "low concealment" and "long-range torpedoes." We might get our first stealth-torping BBs but it really depends on WG's definition of these terms. I'm also concerned that this line will fit nowhere in the current meta unless the ships get overtuned. I can picture them being farmed already.

Edited by destawaits

Beta Testers
437 posts
2,555 battles

I know we're all having a larf about how fugly this tier VIII is (and rightly so) but does anyone know what is it? Some rejected L20 design? Private shipyard concept? I'm also very curious as to why stick with teens designs rather than build out to fast BBs based on the H-klasse and 'K' ship proposals?

Members
808 posts
2 hours ago, Hunter_Steel said:

This thing is ugly. It's a squashed Bayern with a Deutschland mast on it lmbo

phpjHClfD

This odd-ball is probably going to be the ship everyone skips in the line, not sure, but good god that is an odd ship. She gives Lyon a run for her money and Izumo just remains the beauty Queen in this case

~Hunter

If you think Lyon is a bad ship perhaps you should spend more time practicing game mechanics or don't play BBs. It happens to be one of the best T7 ships in the game in the right hands. Same with Izumo. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,701 posts
26,569 battles
2 minutes ago, CAPT_CORNHOLIO said:

It happens to be one of the best T7 ships in the game in the right hands. Same with Izumo. 

Correct, Izumo is also very good for T7.

:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Members
808 posts
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Correct, Izumo is also very good for T7.

:Smile_hiding:

Izumo is very good at tier 9 and 10 battles for those who are willing to take the time to learn how to play her. 

4,630 posts
5,107 battles
18 minutes ago, CAPT_CORNHOLIO said:

If you think Lyon is a bad ship perhaps you should spend more time practicing game mechanics or don't play BBs. It happens to be one of the best T7 ships in the game in the right hands. Same with Izumo. 

I didn't say Lyon is bad. Lyon is ugly with trash accuracy. Shotgun Battleships in my opinion are bad, I hate them with a passion and didn't enjoy my grind through Lyon. It's why I free XP'd Fusou after raging quitting her on the Closed Beta, that accuracy is not serviceable, suffering shots that bracket ships more than they hit them is not fun. I prefer my ships to actually hit.

I managed a 60% WR in my Izumo back before any of the recent buffs, I started playing her after her buff to stronger AP but she still had a 17km surface concealment. My damage admittedly isn't the greatest, but I did something right to have a good enough WR in her, and is why I am enjoying her Chinese clone.

I have to wonder how you stipulated me calling her bad when I was calling her ugly lmbo

~Hunter

[ANZ4C]
[ANZ4C]
Members
645 posts
10,662 battles
2 hours ago, Hunter_Steel said:

Yeah and I hear people complain about Georgia while Shikishima has that beautiful 2.1 Sigma to compensate.

We'll see when stats are announced, hopefully they aren't as bad as the ship looks lol

~Hunter

Quite seriously and quite literally, anybody who complains about Georgia is the kind of person who can't find their own a$$ in the dark, with a map and a flashlight. Those peoples opinions are worth less than nothing

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1