You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

German Battlecruiser Line announced! + Incomparable! (dev blog)

210 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/174

World of Warships Command Centre opening event, new ships

On Monday, the HMS Belfast hosted the opening of the World of Warships Command Centre. We're here to share what we announced at the event.

The following researchable German battleships will soon be added to the game for testing:

• Tier III Von der Tann
  • Tier IV Moltke
  • Tier V Derfflinger
  • Tier VI Mackensen
  • Tier VII Prinz Heinrich
  • Tier VIII Zieten
  • Tier IX Prinz Rupprecht
  • Tier X Schlieffen

phplDaPKa

phpINCKDa

phpoEneNI

phpciKKac

phpKMHbJc

phpjHClfD

phpNNhNpF

phpBEPoNK

Ships of Tiers III-V are based on the real ships of the Imperial German Navy that participated in World War I. The battleship Mackensen was launched in 1917 but not completed. The Tier VII-X battleships are based on designs developed in the late 1910s.

The concept of the alternative branch of German battleships rests on short-range combat due to their low concealment, decent secondaries, and small number of main battery guns with a low range of fire. The ships are also armed with long-range torpedoes.

British battleship Incomparable, Tier X

A 1915 design for a gigantic fast battlecruiser, armed with six 508-mm guns in three turrets. Incomparable has low concealment and slim armor.

Detailed characteristics of the new ships will be announced later.

phpoFogla

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing. The final information will be published on our game's website.

No stats yet, obviously pretty early, but this is a highly requested line, and doesn't seem to be filled with gimmicks. Incomparable has me baffled a bit, but gotta wait for more details.

All in all, not a bad move :cap_horn:

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 21
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

huh... now is not the time to release a brawling line of bb's lol

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[WOLFH]
[WOLFH]
Members
882 posts
34,099 battles

oh my [edited]god!!!!

i [edited]knew it!

Still WG does not want too make battlecruisers their own class...

Edited by Grapefruitcannon
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
671 posts

Hell yes more german ships 

• Cool 3

4,630 posts
5,107 battles
17 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/174

No stats yet, obviously pretty early, but this is a highly requested line, and doesn't seem to be filled with gimmicks. Incomparable has me baffled a bit, but gotta wait for more details.

All in all, not a bad move :cap_horn:

That German Battlecruiser line
I am most definitely going to play. Are they gonna be meta? Hell no, not with a supposed short range main battery. Are they gonna be fun to play to force brawls and finally have some "manly brawling fun" before being burnt to death in a slurry of HE that WG refuses to fix.

Definitely gonna have fun with Mackensen and Derflinger, these ships actually existed and Derflinger is a Jutland lady.

Can't wait for them. HMS Incomparable is probably another Coal or Steel ship that I won't get any time soon.

~Hunter

• Meh 1

[-NT-]
Members
333 posts
22,331 battles

Well the community has been clamoring for full battlecruiser lines for some time now. Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind :fish_boom:

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles

Once upon a time i would have been excited for these boats..sucks.

Also lol, still classified as battleships. Give us a proper battle cruiser class.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

Well...guess I have a line to grind?

[WOLF5]
Members
2,442 posts
17,229 battles

The KM BB line looks like it could be fun in Coop (torp-equipped BBs rule...). I am really intrigued by the Incomparable. I will call it here and now that the Incomparable will be through the RB..... 

• Cool 2

[WOLF8]
Members
9,259 posts
7,537 battles

Woohoo, more German ships! I'm excited. :crab:

Okay, so based on what I read so far... when compared to the main line German BB's, these new so-called "battlecruisers" will have (1) less concealment but shorter range, (2) long range torpedoes, and (3) less number of guns.

I wager some of them might have smaller gun caliber, instead of less number of guns, compared to their tier-to-tier counterparts... while some others might have both. My guess would be that 420mm may not be available for Tier IX, or maybe even for Tier X.

I predict that the secondaries and the armor would be... comparable to the main line? I mean, IIRC, the German battlecruisers from WW1 wasn't like the British ones, where the British sacrificed the armor for the speed, whereas the Germans went to less firepower for speed. Okay, so maybe slightly less armor too.

I have a feeling that the current "Bayern vs PEF" would be a good "sample" of what's to come with this new line. Bayern has bigger guns, but PEF has faster speed and better concealment.

That's just my guess though. At the very least, I'm kinda happy to see more German ships... lol. :cap_win:

And as a PvE main... yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if these new ships turn out to be super-fun for brawling with the bots, lel. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2

Members
70 posts
252 battles

Considering how broken the Conqueror is and how broken the Thunderer still is, the Incomparable will probably have Daring rudder shift/turning circle, 80% fire chance, superheal, Minotaur dispersion/concealment and 20 second reload, it literally screams "I'm a steel ship"

• Boring 3
  • Meh 3

[ARA-I]
Members
213 posts
3,431 battles

Wargaming really needs to revise the secondaries situation if they actually want to make that new battlecruiser line work.

Incomparable looks like a super Hood of sorts, but with excessively large guns, heh.

10 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

The KM BB line looks like it could be fun in Coop (torp-equipped BBs rule...). I am really intrigued by the Incomparable. I will call it here and now that the Incomparable will be through the RB..... 

Coop is another thing that needs a massive overhaul. It's currently a 3-5 minute dash to see who gets the most kills and hardly a good environment to savour battles for any reasonable length of time.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles
9 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Woohoo, more German ships! I'm excited. :crab:

Okay, so based on what I read so far... when compared to the main line German BB's, these new so-called "battlecruisers" will have (1) less concealment but shorter range, (2) long range torpedoes, and (3) less number of guns.

I wager some of them might have smaller gun caliber, instead of less number of guns, compared to their tier-to-tier counterparts... while some others might have both. My guess would be that 420mm may not be available for Tier IX, or maybe even for Tier X.

I predict that the secondaries and the armor would be... comparable to the main line? I mean, IIRC, the German battlecruisers from WW1 wasn't like the British ones, where the British sacrificed the armor for the speed, whereas the Germans went to less firepower for speed. Okay, so maybe slightly less armor too.

I have a feeling that the current "Bayern vs PEF" would be a good "sample" of what's to come with this new line. Bayern has bigger guns, but PEF has faster speed and better concealment.

That's just my guess though. At the very least, I'm kinda happy to see more German ships... lol. :cap_win:

And as a PvE main... yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if these new ships turn out to be super-fun for brawling with the bots, lel. :Smile_hiding:

To partly answer some stuff,  P.E.F IS Mackensen with a modernization package. 

Personally I think the tier VII will also have 350mm guns, then the tier VIII might switch to 406mm, considering it gets just 6. Same for tiers IX-X

Edited by warheart1992

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,720 posts
26,569 battles

Current shipstorm notwithstanding, this interests me. I'm gonna hold on to my wallet though, but keeping an eye on this.

[SALVO]
Members
16,448 posts
10,185 battles

Oh my oh my... Finally 

Looks like a Georgia concept line, should be fun. 

53 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Incomparable has me baffled a bit, but gotta wait for more details.

Probably a Repulse scaled up to T10 

49 minutes ago, SKurj said:

huh... now is not the time to release a brawling line of bb's lol

Meta usually gets tweaked to adapt to line releases, expect a revival of brawling meta and possibly some form of functional secondaries restoration 

• Cool 3

[ARA-I]
Members
213 posts
3,431 battles
Just now, ArIskandir said:

Meta usually gets tweaked to adapt to line releases, expect a revival of brawling meta and possibly some form of functional secondaries restoration 

I hope and pray RNGesus hears you.

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

Current shipstorm notwithstanding, this interests me. I'm gonna hold on to my wallet though, but keeping an eye on this.

Gotta salute your patience considering the Dutch line is fast approaching. :Smile_hiding:

[SALVO]
Members
16,448 posts
10,185 battles
3 minutes ago, SeaShadowAR said:

I hope and pray RNGesus hears you.

Don't worry, Mercury God of Merchants has you covered. He will surely bless the new line release with a suitable environment for them to be a commertial success 

8 minutes ago, Lert said:

Current shipstorm notwithstanding, this interests me. I'm gonna hold on to my wallet though,

Man, you must be experiencing one very uncomfortable conflict of interests

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,720 posts
26,569 battles
4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Man, you must be experiencing one very uncomfortable conflict of interests

oU4xUwK.png

Alpha Tester
1,475 posts
829 battles
12 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

The only way to get a brawling meta would be to destroy HE and Torpedo meta.

And honestly I doubt that will ever happen.

• Cool 1

Members
588 posts
5,494 battles

Why does wargaming go out of its way to shoot itself in the foot all the frigging time?

This looks like good stuff! It's a line that people have wanted for a while, seems standard enough, i won't grind it but this looks to be a good crowd pleasing choice. Coupled with the Dutch cruisers and I'd say they would be on a positive course.

But they just had to go and do that thing with Yukon...

[ARA-I]
Members
213 posts
3,431 battles
Just now, Xplato said:

The only way to get a brawling meta would be to destroy HE and Torpedo meta.

And honestly I doubt that will ever happen.

Bringing back decent secondaries wouldn't destroy HE/torpedo gameplay. How'd you gather that?