You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

How It Works: Economics – Expenses

13 comments in this topic

[44MAG]
Members
124 posts

The premium ship's XP should automatically go into FXP.  It's makes a premium ship more worth  the $.

• Cool 6

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
2,396 posts
24,537 battles

"Captains of CV pay for planes lost" 🤣 So you are saying that CV commanders hardly pay at all in their expenses? Fix the AA please. Can you make a new "How it works" for map spawning? I would like to know the WG game mechanics behind opening spawn selection before the battle starts. For example, why are ship map spawns are so close to other team mates? Such as either AFK players or poor turn radius ships interfering with opening moves. Why are all radar ships on one side of the map (port or starboard) for the team on spawn instead of balanced over the map on spawn? Why are DD's, CA's, or BB's not balanced (port or starboard) on deployment? It appears they are all slanted in their deployment instead of spread out on the map for spawn deployment.

• Haha 1

[GUKA]
Beta Testers
2 posts

I can't see the Video ? in my web browser ( Microsofts ,,Edge ) , I just see a blue plain background .  Any suggestions .  ( I can't see any other Wows vidio on their website either )  , I do see them in the Game Center  / game launcher .

[TCAL]
Members
1,227 posts
12,840 battles

Watch a video? That is B.S.!! (And a waste of banswidth.) I want to be able to look at information at MY pace, tables and graphs, not via a third grade video presentation. As for subscribing to the channel, I get too much garbage in my inbox as it is, HELL NO!!

• Cool 1

Members
158 posts
16,560 battles

How it works is WG makes playing your ships miserably expensive in the hopes that you pay WG to make it less miserable.

3 hours ago, Cpt_Kidd_ said:

The premium ship's XP should automatically go into FXP.  It's makes a premium ship more worth  the $.

WG:

- Increased the cost of T9 FXP premiums from 750k (Roughly the cost of FXPing to an elite T9 tech tree ship) to 1m.

- Added T10 FXP premiums at 2M FXP, which is more than double what it would cost to FXP a T10 tech tree ship.

- Added research bureau, which essentially added 3M+ FXP T10 premiums

WG is quite obviously trying to burn off the FXP stock for players - particularly those with a ton of premium content (because that's how you accumulate that much resources in the first place)

What makes you think WG is ever going to make grinding anything easier, unless it comes with a big price tag?

• Cool 2

[-VT-]
[-VT-]
Members
2,262 posts
26,520 battles

You can tell what they are going to nerf and make more expensive;  they will make a video explaining it.

[KNFA]
Beta Testers
502 posts
6,942 battles
9 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

"Captains of CV pay for planes lost" 🤣 So you are saying that CV commanders hardly pay at all in their expenses? Fix the AA please. Can you make a new "How it works" for map spawning? I would like to know the WG game mechanics behind opening spawn selection before the battle starts. For example, why are ship map spawns are so close to other team mates? Such as either AFK players or poor turn radius ships interfering with opening moves. Why are all radar ships on one side of the map (port or starboard) for the team on spawn instead of balanced over the map on spawn? Why are DD's, CA's, or BB's not balanced (port or starboard) on deployment? It appears they are all slanted in their deployment instead of spread out on the map for spawn deployment.

AA is fixed... You don't use any skill to make it work, so it doesn't give you any results or rewards except a token achievement.... It should stay that way until AA requires skill.... The only thing that requires skill is to "just dodge", so go do that and get rewarded.

• Boring 1

Members
201 posts
12,903 battles

If you own a premium ship it comes with XP bonuses, however does this bonus apply to the free XP earning in a game as well? Or is that a separate standard? 

Wiki Editor
1,016 posts
5,481 battles

I'm curious about secondary battery shells. Do the 128 mm dual-purpose guns on the Grosse Kurfurst get to be replenished for free? Does Gneisenau get to throw 128 mm high explosive at ranges up to 9.5 km for free? What about the German 105s? Clarification would be appreciated @Mademoisail (I hope you can find someone who know the answer). Thanks in advance!

~Murrel

[WPP]
[WPP]
Members
74 posts
8,837 battles
On 7/8/2021 at 5:40 PM, Mamba_ZA said:

If you own a premium ship it comes with XP bonuses, however does this bonus apply to the free XP earning in a game as well? Or is that a separate standard? 

Yes it does. As FXP is based on the amount of XP earned and premium ships earn 150% XP, the amount of FXP earned would be higher than if running tech tree ship.

[QNA]
Members
1 post
3,892 battles

I'm a player that has every CV from every nations on the XP tree lines Tiers 4 though 8.  Plus I have a T10 IGN.  I largely stopped playing World of Warships when I realized that it was costing me more to play my T10 and T8 CVs than they were earning.  This was happening on a consistent basis.  By comparison I have a T10 Battleship that I can consistently run without flags and it net earns money.  Recently being suspicious about this I tested XP line only ships ( Non-premium ships ) for 3 nations for both battleships and CVs of exactly the same tier and found that CVs consistently barely earn money compared to Battleships.  But there is an additional problem here.  As I am more of a CV player than a BB player, my T6 CVs have all their modules, and higher point captains, than their BB counterparts in my XP Trees.  If everything were equal, being better geared they should be doing better, not far worse.   Is having modules on my CVs ruining their income?  or did War-gaming just nerf CV income into the ground to discourage players from playing them?

Whatever the case is, for me it has taken all the incentive out of trying to finish collecting the XP on my 3 T8 CVs to get the T10s after them.

If Working up my CVs has been rendered pointless, which is the ship class I most enjoy playing, it calls into question for me weather the game is still worth playing.

7-13-2021 Implacable-Modules.jpg

• Meh 1