You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wraithunter

Loads into battle only to get a "Critical Error" message and crashes game.

9 comments in this topic

[JR-B]
Beta Testers
118 posts
1,930 battles

Hello Commanders! Commander Wraithunter returning after a year of absence! So I've gotten back into WOWS again, and been having some fun, however this recent battle has left me in a salty mood. So I was on the loading screen waiting for the game to load, which in of it's self took about 5 minutes. I finally get into the match, I slowed down to a stop to check something and all of a sudden I had the game immediately freeze and basically crash. I never have had this happen before and frankly I'm a bit annoyed because I just wasted resources (ie camo, signals etc....) as well as now I'm going to be flagged for "leaving the battle." I apologize for being a salty sea Captain, but it just annoys the crap out of me when this stuff happens especially when I'm trying to finish missions before they reset or end.

When it froze, a critical error pops up on my screen, but it doesn't even tell me what the error is, the link didn't even work and I had to force-terminate the game because clicking "restart" did nothing. I'm just reporting this because I never had the game hard crash like this before and maybe someone knows why it did this. Mind you it's been working fine all day without any issues even throughout the entire week, I have no idea if it's the map that caused it or what. But ye..

WOWS Error in the middle of battle.PNG

Edited by Wraithunter

[HGCOL]
Members
2 posts
2,265 battles

I'm having the same issue, now I cant' even start the game as usually, it doesn't load and shows the same message, It happened after 6 months of playing as normally with no other modifications.

I'm concerned, I paid for premium days and looks like support is too busy to attend.

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
On 7/6/2021 at 10:06 PM, Wraithunter said:

Hello Commanders! Commander Wraithunter returning after a year of absence! So I've gotten back into WOWS again, and been having some fun, however this recent battle has left me in a salty mood. So I was on the loading screen waiting for the game to load, which in of it's self took about 5 minutes. I finally get into the match, I slowed down to a stop to check something and all of a sudden I had the game immediately freeze and basically crash. I never have had this happen before and frankly I'm a bit annoyed because I just wasted resources (ie camo, signals etc....) as well as now I'm going to be flagged for "leaving the battle." I apologize for being a salty sea Captain, but it just annoys the crap out of me when this stuff happens especially when I'm trying to finish missions before they reset or end.

When it froze, a critical error pops up on my screen, but it doesn't even tell me what the error is, the link didn't even work and I had to force-terminate the game because clicking "restart" did nothing. I'm just reporting this because I never had the game hard crash like this before and maybe someone knows why it did this. Mind you it's been working fine all day without any issues even throughout the entire week, I have no idea if it's the map that caused it or what. But ye..

WOWS Error in the middle of battle.PNG

This can be a host of issues... I recommend to check your gear and see if its connected and working right.

[XMAXX]
Members
12 posts
5,655 battles

Check showed that a number of the res packs were damaged in the T8 section. Which might explain why I had some issues as I was trying to play t6 and t10 ships, redownloading the game (boo) Hopefully this will fix it it. Wish there was a repair feature that would allow me to just redownload the broken files unstead of redownloading 57gb....

[JR-B]
Beta Testers
118 posts
1,930 battles

Heya guys and gals, thanks for the information, I'll run the check and see if that fixes it, It seems it's here and there when it pops up. Thank you all for the help and thank god in a way, that I am not the only one experiencing this. But boy I have another fun bug I'm going to post which is actually worse then this lol. But again, thanks for the information and the help I appreciate it! Keep sailing those seas Commanders! o7

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
2 minutes ago, Wraithunter said:

Heya guys and gals, thanks for the information, I'll run the check and see if that fixes it, It seems it's here and there when it pops up. Thank you all for the help and thank god in a way, that I am not the only one experiencing this. But boy I have another fun bug I'm going to post which is actually worse then this lol. But again, thanks for the information and the help I appreciate it! Keep sailing those seas Commanders! o7

FOr this patch, try to downsize your screen size settings in game... For some, that was the trigger for the error.

[JR-B]
Beta Testers
118 posts
1,930 battles
20 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

FOr this patch, try to downsize your screen size settings in game... For some, that was the trigger for the error.

Hm I see, I'll try that thank you Commander Navalpride33! Again I appreciate the help! I'll try that next time, I encountered another bug so I'm not going to touch WOWS for tonight, but when I login next time I'll do this and see if it fixes it.