You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pawncow

What happened to reward flags??

45 comments in this topic

[WAKE]
Members
3 posts
12,827 battles

I just finished a ranked game with a High Caliber award but no reward flags---are these not given out in ranked games?

[DOINK]
Members
926 posts
16,343 battles
1 minute ago, Pawncow said:

I just finished a ranked game with a High Caliber award but no reward flags---are these not given out in ranked games?

I believe in the last patch they implemented a new system for awarding flags, which entails losing the (flag) rewards for achievements that we have long been used to. Go read the patch notes

[JEDI-]
Members
2,829 posts
10,558 battles

No more flags for achievements. WG is getting chintzy and they want you to spend stupid amounts of credits and money on them now.

I save mine for CB.

The fun factor in this game is quickly diminishing every patch.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,116 battles
46 minutes ago, Pawncow said:

You know the 3-2,500 BXP & 5-5,000 BXP missions for containers that reset every Wednesday?

Signals for achievements were replaced by them in 0.10.4.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

Members
525 posts
12,628 battles

The reward for achievements were removed. Instead, you can get several "more signals" containers by finishing combat missions every week. 

Hmm... at least gift containers of special flags can now be  available (trying to be optimistic).

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,735 posts
26,570 battles
4 hours ago, arch4random said:

i have no incentive to play good anymore

Wow, you played for flags?

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
4 hours ago, arch4random said:

i have no incentive to play good anymore

Congrats i guess on playing only for flags.

I really dont get the big deal.

Achievments gave flags once a day.

Achievments that i find hard to believe most players of this game below 50%(where most players are) got every day.

Coop and Operation players(which has a large player base per wgs own words) never got flags, and frankly if they cant do both systems(flags for achievements, and the combat missions) id rather keep the combat missions so i can get stuff for playing.

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
37,062 battles

They should have left that alone, once a day and you have to play very well to get most of them. Reward for achievement, it was a good thing that they messed with for no reason. Idiot move 

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
841 posts

Equity!  It's not fair that you can earn bonus flags by playing well.  Now even the lesser players can earn them as well, simply by slogging through enough games.

[SALVO]
Members
16,503 posts
10,225 battles
2 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

It is not a big deal... It is a small deal, petty.

The change was unrequested and unnecessary, even if they wanted to reward PvE players not gaining achievements they could have kept the  rewards but at a reduced rate. 

This kind of changes are so transparent in their intention and so difficult to justify, they only muddle the water. 

• Cool 2

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
Just now, ArIskandir said:

The change was unrequested and unnecessary, even if they wanted to reward PvE players not gaining achievements they could have kept the  rewards but at a reduced rate. 

This kind of changes are so transparent in their intention and so difficult to justify, they only muddle the water. 

I dont disagree, my stance has always been: if they keep both re introduce flags for achievements, if they cant, then leave the system where every player regardless of mode can get flags, aka the current system.

Where i take issue is saying achievements arent worth anything now. Achievements are still achievements, and some are decently difficult. Very few players can get them every single match, every single day.

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles
9 hours ago, Pawncow said:

COVID-19 has impacted WG's supply of virtual threads necessary to produce the flags.  They are now mostly cash and carry, but you can still get some in crates here and there.

• Funny 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
24 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

meh as you couldn't earn any achieve flags in coop, all they had to do was make them coop missions for flags... and leave pvp alone..  then again someone would still have an issue with that...

[SALVO]
Members
16,503 posts
10,225 battles
22 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Where i take issue is saying achievements arent worth anything now. Achievements are still achievements, and some are decently difficult. Very few players can get them every single match, every single day.

I play few enough matches a week that I seldom complete the new containers missions. What I regularly did was getting 3-5 achievements per session. That kept me well stocked with some very important signals, now it is gone. :Smile_sad:

I felt like this change was TaylorMade to nerf me :cap_old:

Edited by ArIskandir

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,432 posts
9,039 battles

Welcome%2Bto%2Bthe%2BParty%2BPal.gif&ehk

[WOLFG]
Members
17,141 posts
20,565 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

I felt like this change was TaylorMade to nerf me :cap_old:

Well, not just you.

[_TLC_]
Members
148 posts
23,808 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

COVID-19 has impacted WG's supply

I'll sell you some on the side if ur a little low lol

Members
2,104 posts
5 hours ago, Lert said:

Wow, you played for flags?

yes i did ... 50 to 60 a day maybe more...high caliber was something i always like to see...but why bother playing good now???? no reason to .. and if you listen to what people say about bad teams , no support, ect .. ect .. and  that it is it is worse.... that is probably why..

terrible idea to remove achievement  signals and screw over the good players ...when and if the bad players would learn how to get those achievements  the game would be playing a lot better....

i could go on a rampage about this topic but i wont ....just answering your question

[VIGIL]
Members
1,441 posts

I still don't understand how anyone typed that sentence with any shred of humanity intact:  "Disabled rewards for obtaining achievements."

Wut....?

I get that they added flag acquisition via other means, but did anyone actually read that sentence before they published it?

• Cool 1

Members
2,104 posts
5 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Congrats i guess on playing only for flags.

Achievments gave flags once a day.

Achievments that i find hard to believe most players of this game below 50%(where most players are) got every day.

Coop and Operation players(which has a large player base per wgs own words) never got flags, and frankly if they cant do both systems(flags for achievements, and the combat missions) id rather keep the combat missions so i can get stuff for playing.

if that is the mode they choose to play and signals are not awarded and they play it anyway ...they should not be screwing over the entire player base over it....just like grand battle mode and their percs (what ever they are ) if you dont like the percs dont play it ..

if you dont get what the big deal is ....well then get a clue 

[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,116 battles
1 hour ago, Dudefella said:

Removed for stupidity.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[VIGIL]
Members
1,441 posts
1 minute ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Are you somehow trying to imply that in the context of a thread on signal flags that somebody would be either lame enough or easily offended enough to interpret that as a comment about disabled people?

I literally have no idea what you're talking about.  How did you even get to that level of toxic projection?!?  Wowzers.

Think about having to type the sentence that alerts people to the fact that you're removing a reward for that person gaining an achievement

Person 1: "You achieved something!"

Person 2: "What did I achieve?"

Person 1: "Nothing really, just saying that you did.  Also, actually, there's no reward and zero incentive.  Actually the idea that you achieved something is totally arbitrary now because there's no residual value or sense of accomplishment.  Well, we could offer a few pixels that are basically made up of a 13kb file, but gaining the achievement gives you zero competitive edge or reason to try and get it again."

• Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,116 battles
54 minutes ago, Dudefella said:

I literally have no idea what you're talking about.  How did you even get to that level of toxic projection?!?  Wowzers.

Think about having to type the sentence that alerts people to the fact that you're removing a reward for that person gaining an achievement

Person 1: "You achieved something!"

Person 2: "What did I achieve?"

Person 1: "Nothing really, just saying that you did.  Also, actually, there's no reward and zero incentive.  Actually the idea that you achieved something is totally arbitrary now because there's no residual value or sense of accomplishment.  Well, we could offer a few pixels that are basically made up of a 13kb file, but gaining the achievement gives you zero competitive edge or reason to try and get it again."

Sorry for the implication...but I just missed the level of "lack of any humanity intact" in regards to the signal flag removal...I mean..it sucks...but not at that level for me.

& the only variable I could interpret the "humanity" aspect from was if you were referencing it to people somehow & that's the only "related to people" aspect there was to interpret it by.

My bad though...editing the derail now.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1