You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Igiby100

BBs are too vulnerable to fires

13 comments in this topic

Members
103 posts
1,170 battles

Was playing Kongo. Took 1 shatter, and it lit a fire. Lost about 20% of my HP from that one fire. Really? wth? "It can be 100% healed", they say. But you don't have enough heals to compensate for the amount of fire you take. A heal is 14% of your max HP, if optimally used. A fire is like 20-25% of your max HP. Just me, or are BBs too vulnerable to fire/flooding damage?

• Haha 1

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles

How many fires do you leave burning before using damage control? 

Sometimes it's better to let two or even three fires burn until you can break vision. You can survive that by using the Repair Party instead. 

By the way a single fire can do up to 18% of your HP on full duration.

• Thanks 1

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,874 battles

Kongo??   Worthless guns...  High HP... Fast...
RAMMING SPEED.

Stick some Ramming flags on it and get 2-3 kills without firing a shot.

Save your 'R' damage control for after you ram US battleships...  Heal up and ram another.

• Haha 1

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,387 posts
29,449 battles
3 hours ago, Igiby100 said:

Was playing Kongo. Took 1 shatter, and it lit a fire. Lost about 20% of my HP from that one fire. Really? wth? "It can be 100% healed", they say. But you don't have enough heals to compensate for the amount of fire you take. A heal is 14% of your max HP, if optimally used. A fire is like 20-25% of your max HP. Just me, or are BBs too vulnerable to fire/flooding damage?

Take skills, modoules to help mitigate fires.

Remember your at a tier where everything but bbs are firing he...

Don't damage control 1 fire.

Don't be a solo bb, stick with cruisers. 

BTW, wait until you meet my good friend Thunderer @ tier 10.

Members
103 posts
1,170 battles
21 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

How many fires do you leave burning before using damage control? 

Sometimes it's better to let two or even three fires burn until you can break vision. You can survive that by using the Repair Party instead. 

By the way a single fire can do up to 18% of your HP on full duration.

Unless I have 3-4 fires burning, or I am free of return fire, I don't use DCP. I also try to avoid repairing main battery turrets, since they fix themselves so fast. I have to repair steering/engine since BBs don't get Last Stand. I do have a bad habit of insta-DCP on floods, (from the old days when 1 flood = instant death), but I have mostly gotten rid of that. 

Members
103 posts
1,170 battles
21 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Kongo??   Worthless guns...  High HP... Fast..

Yes, to all of that. However, the armor is so bad that the HP melts. I was playing my Colorado the other day. At 22km, a Kongo angled at 43 degrees to me. I got 3 citadels from one salvo. High HP but no armor means almost nothing. 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

agreed... fires need to come with diminishing returns...   

Members
944 posts
2,251 battles
On 7/6/2021 at 2:20 PM, HamptonRoads said:

So the take away from this video is that Battleships have the same percentage chance to catch fire as anyone else. we take more damage per tic of a fire (because it's percentile based) and the fire burns longer on battleships too...

this proably is a bit over turned TBH. 

[CO-OP]
Members
5,197 posts
43,292 battles
6 minutes ago, BrianDavion said:

So the take away from this video is that Battleships have the same percentage chance to catch fire as anyone else. we take more damage per tic of a fire (because it's percentile based) and the fire burns longer on battleships too...

this proably is a bit over turned TBH. 

That's it in a nutshell.  (Also super-cruisers burn for the same duration as battleships, Graf Spee duration is sandwiched between BBs and cruisers/destroyers.)

[CVA16]
Members
8,871 posts
27,057 battles

It is a bit strange that fire isn't subject to the same damage saturation rules as HE. 

[DCMA]
Members
164 posts
7,103 battles

20200504_165922.thumb.jpg.883bfa4d333433394a180d0b6a11b58b.jpgI "burned" a Kurfurst with my Hindenburg and earned a "firedevil" on the EU server.

But out of 144 k damage 83 k came from direct damage and 61 k kame from 8 fires.

It requires about 8 min of intense fire.

During the time i shot the Kurfurst he manages to sink two ships of my team. He was well organised and offer the smallest possible target against me.

Edited by Captain_Hook_NA