Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MudRaker227

Premium Debacle Review F-Yukon

18 comments in this topic

[-N-]
Members
402 posts
7,906 battles

Wargaming has created such an uproar and buzz regarding their product with this so-called debacle that it may actually increase their bottom line. As they say in Hollywood, bad PR is great PR. If you ask me, that's a fairly smart strategy as everyone is falling for it. Mission accomplished!

Maybe they should actually nerf it just a little bit to raise their bottom line even more..... :Smile_trollface:

Edited by MudRaker227
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

I'm not sure I follow your logic.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,065 posts
29,291 battles

Never have the title of a post and the poster's username gone so well together.

44 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

There is no logic here. There is only what came across to me as a poor attempt to take a cheap shot, and it fell very flat.

• Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[BONKS]
Members
4,814 posts
52 battles

Yukon is one of the least played ships in the entire game. And that is in spite of "release hype".

So yeah, no.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,102 battles

"Bad PR is great PR" said no one, ever.

• Cool 1

Members
4,477 posts
4,779 battles

It would have to grow to Sir Foch levels of bad press for that to come close to being true. Not enough eyes and people talking about it. 

[STAR3]
Members
160 posts
23,091 battles

15.7 alcance de tiro e uma vergonha para esse navio , ele tinha que ser pelo menos 17 km esse yukon. Tenho pena que quem comprou esse navio.

[CAAT]
Members
6,259 posts
8,033 battles
1 hour ago, JCC45 said:

Except maybe Wargaming.

Junko_Enoshima_Funny.png.36ee288217af9da27fb84aec364e5501.png

Just kidding, just kidding...kinda.

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,060 battles
4 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Never have the title of a post and the poster's username gone so well together.

There is no logic here. There is only what came across to me as a poor attempt to take a cheap shot, and it fell very flat.

2 hours ago, JCC45 said:

2 hours ago, Yoshiblue said:

It would have to grow to Sir Foch levels of bad press for that to come close to being true. Not enough eyes and people talking about it. 

1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Image result for whut?

Actually...the 1st rule of Public Relations is:

No PR is bad PR...because it gets your name out there.

Perfect example: This debacle...

Unless you're LWM or Chobi or somebody closely related to them...when (it may have already happened...not been keeping up on it) WG does their "quality control" to "make amends" (which for those close to it will never actually be enough)...the majority of the people that heard about it will think...

"Well...they made a mistake & owned up to it"...

For the inner circle there is nothing they can do to "make up for it" because it was nothing but a poorly handled cluster...

But the majority of people don't know all the details & don't care...they will just see "amends = responsibility" =

Good PR.

& if it never happened in the 1st place...all the threads & posts & hubbub (= WG's name "out there") never would have happened & their name wouldn't have been "out there" in the 1st place.

This is Public Relations 101...

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[BLUES]
Members
118 posts

Not sure I agree with you on this one. I for one have closed my wallet until a satisfactory resolution to this PR stunt (as your would call it) is reached. I spend several hundred a month on my WOWS account and an account for a close relative (who doesn't have access to such discretionary funds because he needs to get out there and mow more lawns!). I don't see how Wargaming is winning at the moment?

And because of this PR stunt, I'm now "tuning in" to every mention of another game that people might migrate too should WOWS fail to resolve this matter.

All in all, I don't see this as a win for wargaming.

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,102 battles
4 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Actually...the 1st rule of Public Relations is:

No PR is bad PR...because it gets your name out there.

Perfect example: This debacle...

Unless you're LWM or Chobi or somebody closely related to them...when (it may have already happened...not been keeping up on it) WG does their "quality control" to "make amends" (which for those close to it will never actually be enough)...the majority of the people that heard about it will think...

"Well...they made a mistake & owned up to it"...

For the inner circle there is nothing they can do to "make up for it" because it was nothing but a poorly handled cluster...

But the majority of people don't know all the details & don't care...they will just see "amends = responsibility" =

Good PR.

& if it never happened in the 1st place...all the threads & posts & hubbub (= WG's name "out there") never would have happened & their name wouldn't have been "out there" in the 1st place.

This is Public Relations 101...

LOL.

You remind me of the PR students in College I used to teach.

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,874 battles

When I started the AVRProject business, I wanted to create a whole new Heathkit style hobby. 
I wanted to teach the world how to write programs and explore this thing called microcontrollers.
I had such lavish standards and worked very hard at my goals to produce a certain quality.

After three year of doing that, dealing with really silly requests, and breaking even on my investment, I burned out.
I was shipping so much stuff that I didn't have any  personal life.  I could/should have quit my job, but I lingered too long on that decision.
I went from 'Changing and improving the world' to 'You send me money, I'll send you stuff'.

So I gave up the business and let it die... slowly and gracefully.  No new products, no Ebay sales, just repeat customers.
I showed my best customer how to design his own PCBs .. and he was off to a better self reliant world.

But what does this have to do with the Yukon?  What does this have to do with public relations?
It's about making money.  They are banking on producing anything with a red maple leaf on it.
But there will always be two sides of any business.  There is the 'Make the world a better place' versus the 'Send me money - I'll send you stuff' direction.

This is the two sides of the conflict we are seeing right now.

Members
968 posts
221 battles
9 hours ago, MudRaker227 said:

Wargaming has created such an uproar and buzz regarding their product with this so-called debacle that it may actually increase their bottom line. As they say in Hollywood, bad PR is great PR.

If you ask me, that's a fairly smart strategy as everyone is falling for it. Mission accomplished!

Maybe they should actually nerf it just a little bit to raise their bottom line even more..... :Smile_trollface:

Let's not forget the Christmas PR event.  WG wanted PR, Players wanted PR, there was a lot of PR for the PR event.  And all the PR was bad, but people still did the grind (or paid the coin ) and got PR. 

Lots of PR for WG

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

I knew on careful examination that the Yukon is essentially Junk.

No way am I going to buy such a thing.

Wows and WG has a habit of shoveling a bunch of premiums several times a year that are essentially meh. Or worse Junk. Sure you can pimp it out and fight a game or two but buying it is a waste. Better not to spend at all until something worthy comes along.

The Constellation was another. Its citadel is way too high and is a cruiser type easily farmed with big enough AP close enough. Similar to a Stalingrad. I grew up near the actual Constellation that has been ported in Baltimore Harbor since 1955 and rebuilt several times in my life time due to wood rot and age to keep her safe for future generation. She averages 20 years a build or rebuild rather. The old iron ballast that was probably in the original Constellation which was one of the 6 frigates ordered for the then new Revolutionary US Navy were transferred after it was broken up to the new build on a nearby slipway. The radio room that served as a reserve most secret Atlantic Fleet Command where a Admiral responsible for the 2nd fleet combat ops area stayed aboard her for months in secret. And so on.

My last ship the Burger was a good purchase and she will punch anything 26mm or smaller with AP. And blap rapidly those too stubborn to be punched.

[WOLF6]
Beta Testers
37 posts
15,961 battles
9 hours ago, JCC45 said:

He is paraphrasing PT Barnum, “Any news is good news”. PT was referring to whether the newspaper critics loved or hated his show, the public was hearing about it. 

[-N-]
Members
402 posts
7,906 battles

Smart people know how to read between the lines. Unfortunately there were not alot of "smart" responses, but that is to be expected from the club.

Hint: This had nothing to do with purchase of the ship in question, nor even an increase in sales of the ship in question due to any uproar.

It did have to do with the phonetics of the name and the continued repetition of various debacles arising in this game.