Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mamba_ZA

Players Store

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
201 posts
12,903 battles

Good Day Captains

After seeing the auction that weegee have just had, I presume the idea is to drain the coffers of players (credits). 

Can I play devils advocate  and suggest they give us a players store, where players can trade resources be it cammos,flags,coal or steel and wargaming take a % of the transaction. This would be a lot more effective then hosting auctions? 

Just a thought.

Edited by Mamba_ZA
spelling
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
244
[HWIN]
Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
200 posts
9,724 battles

No, as having peer-to-peer transactions like this almost always leads to RMTing. That is, to trade X item in exchange for real money, something that's banned in most MMOs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,844
[D-DAY]
Members
7,602 posts
2 hours ago, Mamba_ZA said:

Good Day Captains

After seeing the auction that weegee have just had, I presume the idea is to drain the coffers of players (credits). 

Can I play devils advocate  and suggest they give us a players store, where players can trade resources be it cammos,flags,coal or steel and wargaming take a % of the transaction. This would be a lot more effective then hosting auctions? 

Just a thought.

What is in it for WG?

Unfortunately Money > Community when it comes to WG. :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,852
[OIL-1]
Members
2,307 posts

It's actually a great system.
I've played 2 games that had player controlled economies.
I made out like a bandit. It's shocking how much money people throw at games.
And WG loses nothing. In fact they make money.
You buy a gift certificate for $10.
You trade it to me for some of my XP that I don't need, at market rates.
You advance quicker, I get a Tier 3 premium ship, and WG makes $10.
It's a win-win-win.
Except.. that the suits see how much easy money there is, and they go crazy
and turn the game into P2W, and everybody leaves.
lose-lose-lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
296
[DMGS]
Members
673 posts
9,523 battles

No.

Having played STO, I’d rather not see this here. Case and point; STOs economy is so bad that frequently now it’s become impossible for F2Ps to exchange ingame currency for premium currency (think FXP to doubloons) because the value of the premium currency is so high that the whales stopped selling it at the maximum possible rate.

Both games mainly finance themselves through lootboxes and ships with everything else being secondary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,039
Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
36 minutes ago, z9_ said:

It's actually a great system.
I've played 2 games that had player controlled economies.
I made out like a bandit. It's shocking how much money people throw at games.
And WG loses nothing. In fact they make money.
You buy a gift certificate for $10.
You trade it to me for some of my XP that I don't need, at market rates.
You advance quicker, I get a Tier 3 premium ship, and WG makes $10.
It's a win-win-win.
Except.. that the suits see how much easy money there is, and they go crazy
and turn the game into P2W, and everybody leaves.
lose-lose-lose.

It worked in NavyField, mainly because there was no in-game way to send money, therefore such transactions were unprotected.

Was a win-win as far as ships went though. Person selling the ship typically got 3/4 of the purchase price, (instead of 1/2) and the buyer paid 3/4 of the purchase price. (instead of all)

Where it could get tricky though, was when crew were on offer. You generally wanted the levelling guide up, and a calculator, so you could tell if the crew was "power levelled". (which meant the level was high, to be able to use bigger ships/guns, but the ability growth was stunted)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
646
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,045 posts
34 minutes ago, Firewalk said:

No.

Having played STO, I’d rather not see this here. Case and point; STOs economy is so bad that frequently now it’s become impossible for F2Ps to exchange ingame currency for premium currency (think FXP to doubloons) because the value of the premium currency is so high that the whales stopped selling it at the maximum possible rate.

Both games mainly finance themselves through lootboxes and ships with everything else being secondary.

Man, I was beta tester for STO.  I can't come back to it for long.  burned it out in those days.  But that game is loot box heavy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×