You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

Not a PVE Game...

20 comments in this topic

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,103 battles

MmZxptH.jpg

This is getting silly.

• Haha 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
2 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

K4mejuy.gif

What exactly I am looking at here :Smile_amazed:

likely a 4 dd match... ended in less than 6 mins...

[CLUMP]
Members
2,861 posts
3,004 battles
12 minutes ago, SKurj said:

likely a 4 dd match... ended in less than 6 mins...

Yeah that sucks especially for BBs :fish_palm:

Members
92 posts
3,437 battles
43 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

MmZxptH.jpg

This is getting silly.

Not sure what we're supposed to be seeing here? Only thing i see is that you were in a blowout match, in which case have to agree that there has been an enermous increase in blowout matches starting with the latest patch, which i feel tempted to attribute to all the players who are potatoes in DD's, who have come out of the woodwork because they perceive the rocket nerf to have given them more breathing room as well as people grinding and getting used to the new german DD line, but in that case we may as well have a convo on wether or not DD's having so much battle influence is ok or not(Not a convo i'm qualified for), seeing as one team having it's DD's mauled at the start is nigh on a guarranted defeat for said team outside of unlimmited potato'ing works from the other team

[WOLFG]
Members
17,120 posts
20,505 battles

5:44 is a short PVE match.

You didn't forget to spot the cap in a standard battle did you?

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,103 battles
17 minutes ago, BuffyThePotatoSlayer said:

I'm just wondering if during the pre match countdown the enemy team sneakily boarded his ship and stole the engines. :Smile_veryhappy:

I was in a CV and that early in the match I never move until I get an idea of where the Reds are moving to.

I just had time to do 2 spotting sweeps and 1 each bomb and torp runs and the game was over.  It is ridiculous.

• Haha 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,103 battles
38 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

5:44 is a short PVE match.

You didn't forget to spot the cap in a standard battle did you?

85K in damage from my spoting in less than 6 minutes and you have to ask that?

[ARGSY]
Members
31,078 posts
29,316 battles
1 hour ago, JCC45 said:

Was this today? Because if it was, suck up the low damage and realize that you got a hefty chunk of your spotting damage task done in a very short time.

Every cloud has a silver lining, and that might be yours.

• Boring 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,146 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Was this today? Because if it was, suck up the low damage and realize that you got a hefty chunk of your spotting damage task done in a very short time.

Every cloud has a silver lining, and that might be yours.

That be true, Spot damage is taken away from DDs when you get there 1st. Drop that fighter with each wing and then attack. I usually start with rocket planes, then DBs, then TBs. 

In TBs, you drop that last one and then attack, then go DBs, drop fighter and attack, then TBs, drop fighter, then attack. 

Keep that cycle until you run out of fighters. I usually add that skill so I have that extra fighter drop. 

If the match goes fast, then you at least get spots and 3 hits in. 

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,146 battles
3 hours ago, JCC45 said:

6 mins 85k, that is great. You can do that all day and get a spot mission done in les than 1 hour. 

[TORCH]
Members
829 posts
8,354 battles

The amount of blowouts these days is absurd...and it's not fun...even being on the winning side for the vast majority of them...It's the main reason I'm probably playing half as much...if that...Feels like the weekend all the time now...sigh...

[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,075 battles

Straight map...go to C cap in my Isokaze & help chase everything out (by spotting) & put a couple torps into a Kuma rushing in as I smoke up...he got so close he could have hydroed me but he never used it before he died...just got himself farmed down) & I'm thinking we took some decent damage off of them & secured the cap pretty easy...this game is going good... I'm even farming some fires off of a BB while in my smoke capping...

& as soon as the cap is finished I hear, "the enemy team has taken the lead"...

Wait.. wut?

I look & they have the center cap & 1dead ship (the Kuma)...& we have 4 dead ships.

So my smoke runs out after capping & the only ship visible is the BB I was farming because the red DDs & cruisers all bailed for the middle or ran farther back...so there's an island between him & me so I send my loaded rack of torps to one side & go around the other & as I get to the other side (about a minute after capping at the latest...to fire the 1 set of torps & work my way around where I can line him up...w/out getting spotted) & I launch the last 2 racks at him...or at least I tried to...

I launched 1 rack & I hear, "the enemy is about to win"...as the screen freezes & the end of battle screen starts to boot up...

We lost 4 more ships in that minute (the 4 ships at my flank were pretty much all full health...guessing A cap folded & all the ships that ran to B helped farm what was in the middle)...yoloing Kuma was the only ship to die on their team...

Total elapsed time: 4:29.

Seen under 5 minute matches quite a bit now(not very often...but at least 2 or 3 times a week)...from both sides.

Usually I'm the 1 that got to farm 10k damage in the wins but occasionally I'm the DD that stuck the torp in their DD/or the cruiser...or even BB occasionally (I load HE at the start of DD heavy matches in BBs & push forward to help take 1 or 2 down)...that helped farm down the DD/DDs...to start the landslide going...

It only takes 1 dead DD to start a push going (or all DDs at any cap while your DDs are still alive)...especially if all other red DDs have been spotted at other caps.

Once a flank falls it's up to the team on that side to decide if they want to push through for the stomp...or stop & watch the scenery & give up the advantage (this island looks really nice..I think I'll park right here behind it...because there's still scary DDs out there somewhere)...

Unfortunately...in a lot of cases... it's better if they stop & watch the scenery because the match lasts longer that way...but...

The bad part is the outcome switches from an assured stomp to...can the rest of the team take on the rest of the reds while the camping ships are basically worthless?

Usually the team that takes the far cap decides the outcome from there.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,144 posts
30,906 battles

Those very short games can happen in Random Battles.  Rare, but it happens.  If one team is really skittish to the point of even being too scared going anywhere near the caps, it can very easily happen.

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

If people needed captain obvious to bark that they are losing a game then they are not practicing adequate overall situational awareness of the battle team wide.

It sometimes takes only a couple of minutes for victory to be secured no matter what the few survivors try to do. Its not over until it's over.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,432 posts
9,039 battles

Holy sheepshite!!!  Yea that's pretty silly.  

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

Blowouts happen.  Sometimes, I'm the fly...sometimes I'm the windshield.  But I get a good share of really close games...as well as good wins/losses that are not close at the end, but not blowouts either.